PDA

View Full Version : Visiting ATC Units

ATCTimmy
13th Jul 2005, 20:57
Does anyone know who I can contact about visiting an ATC unit in South/South East England?

I know that I can't "just turn up" and ask for a visit because of security reasons.

Barry Cuda
14th Jul 2005, 11:26
Check your PM's

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
14th Jul 2005, 14:44
But you can telephone the ATC unit and explain why you want to visit. Whatever happens, you'll need a good reason.

McLeod
9th Aug 2005, 08:47
Hi

I am interested in visiting an ATC unit; would an upcoming ATCO interview count as a good reason?

Or is security too tight at the moment to allow visitors?

Thanks

McLeod

viaEGLL
9th Aug 2005, 09:15
Check your pm's McLeod

DrRedHead
10th Aug 2005, 10:07
well i went for a visit at ATC in the North East which was due to me firstly asking for work experience as i was very much intrested in the aviation sort of life style after a few moths a got a reply and was arranged a visit

TBH was one of the best and most intresting things ive seen, if you can manage it do not turn it down

priscilla
12th Aug 2005, 19:26
Do you know if it's still possible to visit ATC in the US?

I go to LAS next september and I try to contact someone there.
All infos or contacts are welcome!

Scott Voigt
14th Aug 2005, 23:12
As long as someone doesn't do something really stupid in the near future, depending on the facility manager (some are too lazy to do the work or have it done to get the clearances.) if you are a pilot or controller and want to visit an ATC facility, it can be done, but takes a LOT of coordination and information. They then send the info to Washington DC to have a background check done and then give approval or not. I just got one done here for someone... (they didn't show up <sigh>)

So yes it is possible, but your answers to the question vary from place to place...

regards

Scott