PDA

View Full Version : unconventional Main landing Gear A320

ZAGORFLY
12th Jul 2005, 04:27
Las week in BKK I had phografed a very unusual MLG configuration:
A 320 (320-231) with a twin tandem (4 wheel) LG very similar to the B757. The Aircraft VT-EPC (india airline) serial no. 046 seams to be one of the 30 in the fleet. Anybody has information about this?
If sombody willbe no kind to teach me how to insert the pictures I will be happy to send the pics

RoyHudd
12th Jul 2005, 07:31
Quality of Indian runways/taxiways? Oxymoronic, old chap!

The only aspect of Indian aviation that can be considered worse is ATC. Or maybe the antiquated HF system.

And this is not to criticize the Indian folks forced to work in this awful environment. The government are either too inefficient or too corrupt to remedy a thoroughly 3rd world standard of aviation. Should be ashamed of themselves.

Rant over.

A330AV8R
12th Jul 2005, 14:38
ROY HUDD says " Quality of Indian runways/taxiways? Oxymoronic, old chap!

The only aspect of Indian aviation that can be considered worse is ATC. Or maybe the antiquated HF system " .

To answer your first question OLD CHAP ! Out of fleet of 43 A320's some have BOGIE GEAR and thats not cause of the runways / taxiways but due to the fact that in times of war these 320's are used to ferry Army personnel to and fro and operate to fields obviously below the current LCN / PCN for the 320's ..... HENCE

No 2 OLD CHAP ! maybe youve never flown to that part of the world but why is it that they have the highest percentage of safety as compared to Europe or America for that matter ? and yes HF exists but thats for Backup incase you loose your primarys . . . . and from what I hear ACARS is around the corner .

Oxymoronic ? I would beg to differ ... OLD CHAP !

somewhere in a Jet stream......

mutt
12th Jul 2005, 18:00
highest percentage of safety

Please explain how they can have such a high percentage of safety when one of the worst mid-air collisions happened in Indian airspace?

Mutt

OverRun
13th Jul 2005, 07:06
The bogie gear makes a big difference to the runways that the A320 operates to. The PCN discussion is at:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=119678

And another picture of one is at:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/647096/L/

AerocatS2A
13th Jul 2005, 12:31
Please explain how they can have such a high percentage of safety when one of the worst mid-air collisions happened in Indian airspace?

Mutt

I make no comment on the claim regarding Indian safety, I will point out though, that your response is not valid as one accident does not dictate the overall safety of a country's aviation industry.

Frank Poncherello
19th Jul 2005, 09:42
G'Day folks,
My understanding is that this is the only operator that took up this option from Airbus, and that Airbus no longer offer it (as from about 8 years ago)
FP