PDA

View Full Version : Culdrose???

Gertrude the Wombat
11th Jul 2005, 19:12
So, can one land there??

It's shown on the map as "available for civil use, see AD 1-1-1", but that points to AD 1-3 and Culdrose is not in the list in AD 1-3. (Culdrose is listed in Pooleys as available for civil use.)

Am I misreading the AIP, or is the AIP right and the map and Pooleys both wrong??

(Yes I know I could just ring them up in the morning, but I wouldn't mind an answer today if anyone knows!)

Legalapproach
11th Jul 2005, 19:19
Yes you can. Just telephone operations and they will give you all the gen. I think that you may have to give them 24hrs notice and they are closed from lunch time Friday to Monday morning.

rjt194
AFE says to ask nicely 24 hours in advance :)

ShyTorque
Yes you can, we land there occasionally. But don't try it on floats, although it's a Navy station they've only got tarmac ;)

S-Works
11th Jul 2005, 19:42
They are very helpful, landing fee is usual MOD rates on weight. Make sure you Gen up on military "speak" and weather codes.

It is a VERY busy station so be sure of your position and prepared to hold.

Taxi to Helston is about 8 quid.

Gertrude the Wombat
11th Jul 2005, 20:06
But don't try it on floats, although it's a Navy station they've only got tarmac :) :D :) Yes, I do know what's there, I've spent many weeks in Helston, visiting in-laws.
Make sure you Gen up on military "speak" and weather codes. Best source for this? - I have read various stuff but ... er ... can't quite remember all of it or where I read it.Taxi to Helston is about 8 quid. Nope, free ride from father in law.