PDA

View Full Version : EGCC SID's - NOKIN & MONTY?

BAe 146-100
10th Jul 2005, 21:30
Hi,

Out of Manchester MONTY SID's use airway UN864 and NOKIN deps use airway UN862. These airways both run parallel but many aircraft hardly ever seem to use the MONTY SID out of MAN (going Southwest Bound). What would be the reason for this? And also what would be the reason of keeping the MONTY departure as it is seldom used?

Hope somone can help me out. :)

BAe 146

Behindblooeyes
10th Jul 2005, 22:33
It depends on the aircraft's final requested cruising level and the performance expected in the climb.

Aircraft with a RFL of 240 and below (230 in reality, as it's deemed an eastbound route heading south), will use the MONTY SID The NOKIN one requires flights to be FL250 or above in the vicinity of ELGAR (I think?) where it becomes an upper air route somewhere over mid Wales. Also slower climbing traffic that would be unable to remain above the various bases of controlled airspace on N862 would be expected to file a MONTY SID.

I hope this helps?

bagpuss lives
11th Jul 2005, 00:34
Could all change soon though. With the N862/N864 reorganisation....

BAe 146-100
11th Jul 2005, 10:08
Thanks Behindblooeyes, helped me a lot. :)

I think Air Southwest use the MONTY out of MAN to BRS (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Regards
BAe 146

Carbide Finger
11th Jul 2005, 10:17
Routeing MAN - BRS you would have to use the Monty SID. There is no way of getting you from UN862 into Bristol.

Also the standard routeing in Cardiff/Bristol from the North is to route via Talga and BCN which is handily on N864!

Easy deps from Liverpool going onto LEXX/LPXX use the Monty departure but the vast majority of Manch deps go via Nokin.

Hope this helps

CF