PDA

View Full Version : EGLC 250Kts

fleecy
10th Jul 2005, 17:01
Departing EGLC, BPK SID states 250Kts below FL100. Comment from other side of cockpit- We're above 3000' so not on the SID and limit doesn't apply in Class A'. Usually, 118.82 cancel the limit on initial call but didn't this time.

Using the above theory, why is the statement FL100 needed, and why the speed limit 250kts after Clipy on the Alkin 3M arrival EGLC? It's all Class A there. Two separate issues being confused here?

I think limit applies for spacing as mentioned in other threads up to FL100 unless cancelled by ATC.

Any answer please LATCC?
Tks.

Jerricho
10th Jul 2005, 18:03
Usually, 118.82 cancel the limit on initial call but didn't this time.

The operative word being "usually". The 250kts below FL100 still applies if not lifted by ATC. As that airspace can get very cramped down there, the speed may have been left on to reduce a turn radius.

Barry Cuda
11th Jul 2005, 09:04
We might also leave it on if our colleagues at LC have managed to get the F50 away in front of the RJ70, which is more often than not at the moment...!

AlanM
11th Jul 2005, 14:14
It takes a lot of skill, juggling lots of aircraft around to get the tiger moth out ahead of the jet! :)

A Nonny Mouse
12th Jul 2005, 07:23
Must be because we are crap at City:{

Can't see any other reason behind such bad controlling. We are either stupid or badly trained, cause there can't be any other logical reason why we woud do such daft things.

Oh to be as good as a Thames controller and those perfect 7 mile gaps :ok:

AlanM
12th Jul 2005, 07:37
hey Nonny Nonny

You are all great - we know that

(I much prefer the tiger moth first......... means I get a 3 minute break as opposed to 2 minutes)

Keep smiling :cool:

fleecy
13th Jul 2005, 08:33
Tks for the replies.
Everyone's overworked trying to squeeze a quart into a pint pot.

I was trying to establish:- the first argument that 'the speed limit does not apply above 3000ft because the airspace is Class A and you are no longer on the BPK3T/U SID' is wrong, and so 250kts should be maintained until FL100 unless cancelled by ATC.
Seems so.

fleecy

Slaphead
13th Jul 2005, 15:09
You're correct, the 250 knot speed restriction applies below FL100 until ATC cancel it in Class A airspace. I think it also applies in Class G airspace, something to do with the 'see and avoid' nature of operations outside CAS