PDA

View Full Version : FISO help...

Capt. Vilo
9th Jul 2005, 18:32
Hope someone out there can help..........
I have completed my ATPL writtens and now would like to sit my FISO exam. Not sure what exams I have to take for the license or if im exempt from any ?????
If anyone can help post or PM me I would be very greatfull.

Dizzee Rascal
9th Jul 2005, 18:59
Unless the rules have changed recently, I think you will only need to sit the Air Law and FISO Procedures written exam (it is one paper). You would be exempt from the Nav & Met on the basis of your issued ATPL.

For a list of examination dates conducted at Gatwick see here (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=43&pagetype=70&groupid=820&faqid=492), there is also a white AIC on the subject but I can't find that at the moment.

arkadin2
15th Jul 2005, 21:03
Two FISO post being advertised on the net at the moment one at Barton one at Goodwood.

Belzebub
25th Jul 2005, 17:59
Capt. Vilo

You say you have passed the written exams of the ATPL, but that is not sufficient to be exempt from the Met & Nav unless you actually hold a UK Flight Crew Licence (PPL, CPL, ATPL). Even if you have a letter from FCL proving that you have passed, not good enough, mad I know, but thats the ruling from the CAA.

If you don't hold the licence, you will need to sit both a Law and Procedures exam as well as the Met & Nav paper.

Good luck in the exams

Dizzee Rascal
27th Jul 2005, 10:08
They gave me exemption from the Nav & Met exams prior to having my PPL issued. I had only done Nav, Met and Aircraft Tech and they were happy.

I got my FISO issued then the next week I passed my PPL Skill Test.

wheatools
29th Jul 2005, 14:06
Dizee... you're a lucky man!!

I hold the ATPL theory passes (but no CPL issued yet) as well as an ICAO CPL and they are making me do the met and nav!!!

seems SRG aren't very fair :mad:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Jul 2005, 14:17
wheatools... I should speak to SRG and quote Dizzee's experience. It's a problem of right hand and left hand I'm afraid, and a similar situation existed since I joined "The Ministry" in 1971! I had a UK ATC Licence when I joined and would have had to go through the whole nausea of primary course, licence exams, etc., if I hadn't insisted that they understood that I held a licence!