PDA

View Full Version : DEC 05 Start & Holidays

littlemisskel
8th Jul 2005, 16:53
Hi,

Last I heard I was down for a Dec 05 start date (although maybe Sept if I get "the call").

Since June and Sept are both apparently being delayed does anyone know if this one will be delayed too as it seems silly starting mid-Christmas time.....leading on to my next question...........

......There are apparently 4 weeks holiday per year while you are at College, are these the same weeks regardless of start date or do they differ.
Does anyone know when they would be?
My partner is a Football journalist so ideally he needs to sort out if he is going to have any time off before the start of the season...or am I just being optimistic that I could find out this far in advance???

Thanks for any advice you have, you guys are :ok:

littlemiss x

MrsC
12th Jul 2005, 12:01
I've got a provisional December Start - I've got no more information than that at the moment though!! Does Anyone know when we'll get sent for our Medicals etc etc?

Gonzo
13th Jul 2005, 20:37
You'll find that the 4 weeks of leave are preprogrammed in to the course structure, so that you get perhaps 10 days over Christmas, another week after the end of the basic course, mid march etc. All the main holidays are covered.

hold at SATAN
14th Jul 2005, 14:05
It's just like being at school..... you even get they lumpy mash potato!

...and you even get lines - think written theory papers!

foghorn
14th Jul 2005, 15:54
They're mainly multi-guess now except for the remaining old-style Area courses working through the system.

KiraRin
14th Jul 2005, 15:56
I know the first week of leave we have (June starter here) is the 27th September - 7th October. The course is also 13 weeks long at a time, so I think the september course might be starting just after this if all of the dates are now delayed (we started on the 27th June instead of the 6th).

So week 13 for us ends on the 26th September. So the September course will probably do the induction week in Southampton in the week the rest of the course is on leave. Though, not a clue what will happen over Christmas....

H.