PDA

View Full Version : Euromanx

Pages : [1] 2

sidestickhumper
8th Jul 2005, 01:24
Good informed sources report that a number of pilots and staff members left the company and the Island due to unpaid bills and lack of organisation. Also the Chief Pilot RJ and the Chief Pilot Dornier left the rock. It was also reported that the authority had some issues about flight time limitation problems with some of the pilots and were close to shut down the airline last month for safety reasons, also due to other operational problems, mainly documentation and approval matters. After 2 month of operation, they still have only 2 RJ's and 1 Dornier operational, due to lack of pilots.

Pilots, BE REALLY CAREFUL!!

currywurst
8th Jul 2005, 06:29
the above is the tip of the iceberg.

Spartacan
8th Jul 2005, 06:39
In May a trip to the Rock was £119. Now it is in excess of £160 suggesting a short term cash flow problem.

Why else would they hike the fare?

Hansol
8th Jul 2005, 07:02
Sidestick you seem to be well informed which authority is this?

EM to the best of my knowledge now has 2 xRJ70's, 2 x Dornier 328's its first Dash 300 carried fare paying pax for the first time last night.

Last month the airline carried 40,000 pax. Individual pilots and staff will always come and go, don't be so ready to accept the reasons given for their departure.

WHBM
8th Jul 2005, 18:11
I'm paxing with Euromanx next week, London City to IOM in the morning, then on to Manchester in the evening. But nowhere seems to indicate the types used. Anyone know; I am aware from other PPRuNe posts things are fluid.

Significant fares by the way.

Ronaldsway Radar
8th Jul 2005, 21:19
After trying to fly BNWA IoM-BLK today, I found out EuroManx are ticket handling for BNWA!!??!! Is this another way of gaining some added income (short-term)?

A full apron of red and white aircraft this afternoon, charming! (Too bad my camera was packed away :D)

RR

Hansol
9th Jul 2005, 08:00
Ron. Do you mean Flight Support were handling for BNWA ?

jem star
9th Jul 2005, 10:04
R R / Hansol,

Think you will find Flight Support and previously Euromanx before they became seperate have always handled BNWA.

Flight support is a handling Agent, they also handle fly be, so I really dont get what the point of your post wass RR. After all isn't that how Handling agents make their money!

J S

WOWBOY
9th Jul 2005, 15:29
On Euromanx's website you can now book these flights:

ILSE OF MAN-EDINBURGH

Also

DUSSELDORF
EINDHOVEN
VIENNA
Flights are in the booking engine

GW76
9th Jul 2005, 16:28
Wouldnt let me book any flights.......

skiddyiom
9th Jul 2005, 17:43
While it shows IOM-EDI on the booking page, it won't let you book a flight and, if you go to Destinations, EDI doesn't appear there.

So you may be a bit premature in thinking that they are ready to operate that route. I'd say it may come later on this year or early next if they are going to do it.

skiddy

redfield
9th Jul 2005, 19:26
What's the present state of play at Euromanx? Their flights through BRS are all delayed again this weekend: apparently their subcharter agreement fell through and as at 0900 there was no sign of an a/c to op the 0600 Olbia dlight. Any ideas anyone?

jetstream7
9th Jul 2005, 20:05
Their flights through BRS are all delayed again this weekend: apparently their subcharter agreement fell through and as at 0900 there was no sign of an a/c to op the 0600 Olbia dlight. Any ideas anyone?

Can't see the tour operator being happy with this state of affairs...

The inbound Olbia is due at 0300 Sunday...

The inbound Split is due at 0400 Sunday by road from Stansted...

Wonder what the pax and tour operator made of the Croatian F100 used on these flights recently... better than delays like this at least, but these are not cheap holidays... time to find someone more reliable perhaps?

Germstone
9th Jul 2005, 22:26
they still have only 2 RJ's and 1 Dornier operational, due to lack of pilots.

what about the wet leased Emerald ATP and the other one to follow soon?

Vasto1M
10th Jul 2005, 02:51
I too can’t imagine the tour operators are amused.

The 7am Olbia left at 4pm operated by an ATR-42! It had to make a tech stop in Lyon and would have a flying time of about 4hours 30minutes plus the time on the ground in Lyon.

Channel Express operated the Split, they ‘diverted’ their STN-SPU flight to BRS to pick up the passengers, and it left at about 3 hours late.

terrier21
10th Jul 2005, 05:37
I remember a few weeks back on Nights we were waiting for the I/B EMX so it could take passengers to OLB the next morning. There was an estimated time of about 2220 in Managair well that came and went with no sign 2230 came and went as did 2300 2330 2359. Still no sign!!!! Servisair tried to rouse EMX operations, ''Sorry no one is available to take your call, Plesae try later''!!!! as far as everyone was aware the aircraft had taken off bu not landed. Not quite what you expect when you read their website.

Not sure what happened in the end I left at 6 and still no 3 legged red and gold tail!

MaxReheat
10th Jul 2005, 10:46
The best move I've made so far this year is to stay put with present employer (as unpleasant as that might be) and not move to EMX. My contacts on the Rock tell of a complete collapse of the training system with crews at various stages of training which can't be finished off. A lot of the grief is stemming from a power struggle between the managers on the Rock and the company ULL14 who hold the AOC. It appears that this austrian relationship is turning into a complete disaster. So I guess that accounts for the shiny aircraft on the ground but no crew trained up 'cos of rulings from Austria. An AOC from any JAA state would solve the problem so I'm told.:confused:

Cheers Buddy
12th Jul 2005, 20:44
Heard that Eastern Airways are looking to start IOM - LPL anyone heard that rumour from the Island?

Phil Dubai
12th Jul 2005, 21:30
Its not long since Euromanx binned the EDI-IOM route , may well still be on their list of destinations for that reason.

supersnake
12th Jul 2005, 21:40
eastern airways to start lpl-iom not heard that rumour thought it was ba city express more news soon we hope

Not Interested
12th Jul 2005, 21:54
Cheers Buddy
Hope your source is correct. It would certainly make Euromanx get there act together. My Flight was delayed 3 hours on Sunday afternoon.

dwlpl
12th Jul 2005, 21:56
..... time keeping on their routes not one of its strong points!

ops 69
13th Jul 2005, 00:24
give them time and maybee they will get there act together the problem is not liverpool handling there is first class

GoEDI
13th Jul 2005, 00:39
IOM-EDI is rumoured to be returning, and it looks like it will be now. Euromanx were pushed off the route by Loganair, only for Loganair themselves to stop it, so by re-starting Euromanx will have the route to themselves again, I can't see Loganair coming back...

Ronaldsway Radar
13th Jul 2005, 17:49
I flew IOM-BLK saturday 9th July.

Check-in was handled by EuroManx, at a EuroManx check-in desk, by EuroManx staff, and the boarding card had EuroManx all over it, and a EuroManx Flight number for some strange reason! (Ie. 3W). Even though the flight was for BNWA to Blackpool, booked through BNWA etc etc.... so I think this means EuroManx are ticket providers for BNWA ?

Also, when in the departure loungs, I saw the following EuroManx aircraft arrive/depart;
RJ70
DH8C
ATR
D328

Also a couple more were inbound. I think the crew is not too much of a problem at the moment, as I spoke to a very nice RJ70 pilot for EuroManx in the departure lounge!
:D
RR

robbo
13th Jul 2005, 18:56
RR - Seems that you missed the 'entertainment' on Sun afternoon in the IOM terminal. Perhaps someone from EMX can provide more details? Seems that due to the numerous delays on EMX flights some pax ended up sitting on the floor of the departure lounge. When a flight was eventually announced the cheering was so loud it could be heard on the ground floor of the building.
Today a colleague complained about the 2 hour ‘no explanation offered’ delay to their Tues EMX flight. It was interesting to hear that the sole cabin crew member carried out a silent demo of the safety procedures – seems that a grasp of English was not one of the requirements for the job..... Worrying.
Will EMX ever get their act together?

skiddyiom
13th Jul 2005, 21:10
Well, much as I hate to say it, I too have been a victim of the EMX delays. And, what made it worse for me was, when we eventually got into our aircraft and airborne, the F/A calmly laid the blame on the lateness of the flight on her colleagues back on the IOM.

While I can understand blaming technical problems, ATC or whatever, frankly, I find blaming another part of the company, in public, a completely unprofessional attitude. Coupled with a fit of the giggles while trying to make announcements, the whole thing made me think their standards are pretty low when it comes to cabin crew.

I think that, despite the continuing problems, they are slowly getting it together, but until they develop a professional attitude they are never going to make it.

A lot of people on the ground work hard in the IOM and for a crewmember to openly criticise them is frankly something I never thought I would hear.

Anyway, it will be a while before I use them again.

Skiddy

GMIMA
13th Jul 2005, 21:12
apparently, quiet a few of the cabin crew are from the new EU countries. Also heard rumours of pilots and cabin crew not being paid on time - a bit worrying i would say.

Euro manx sega is coming to a close soon, after all, that huge loan they have apparently got is running out rather fast.

I dont think they have any manx pilots flying for them, majority are our EU friends. How many french, german airlines employ uk pilots? mind u i suppose with euromanx being a german airline, no wonder they have such a mix of crew.

as manx as the hills hey - my hairy arse.

Spartacan
14th Jul 2005, 07:11
>>that huge loan they have apparently got is running out rather fast<<

So, presumably the financial backers won't renew the loan?

MOR
14th Jul 2005, 13:05
You know, I was considering chucking in a CV, being an experienced 146 skipper and all that. But talk of not paying people is really putting me off. Are they really that bad...?

Sad really, as startups can be a lot of fun. It is very satisfying to contribute to the birth/adolescence of an airline. Of course it can also be a nightmare if the principals aren't up to it!

Any of you guys actually fly for them?

manxhandler
14th Jul 2005, 13:15
GMIMA: "as manx as the hills hey - my hairy arse"

I understand from a few of the 'boys' on the Island that you have indeed got a hairy arse

euromanxdude
14th Jul 2005, 13:32
I have always got paid on time.

GMIMA
14th Jul 2005, 22:19
rumour has it, that one of the RJ's and one dash 8 have been flown back to germany, for non payment of fees to the german aoc holder

wont be long now till trash goes bang!!!!! and all those so called highflyers at trash will come with cap in hand to manx regional -once there wings have firmly been snipped. hope they have a good redundancy package.

and as for my hairy arse manxhandler, u would only know LOL mmmmmmmmmm

EastMids
14th Jul 2005, 22:43
Fischer 733 operating in place of an RJ on EMA- and LBA- EMX flights last weekend - can't be good for the finances!

MarkD
14th Jul 2005, 22:56
I thought the AOC holder was Austrian and therefore not been German since '45?

Germstone
14th Jul 2005, 23:57
mmmm wonder what emerald will do with there 3 pax ATPs if Emanx go pop

mmeteesside
15th Jul 2005, 06:28
mmmm wonder what emerald will do with there 3 pax ATPs if Emanx go pop

Maybe pick up a few routes ex Euromanx ;)

mmeteesside

Manker
15th Jul 2005, 08:16
I see that Euromanx are not accepting bookings on line, or by phone due to a 'line failure' since yesterday. As their schedules are also not available, I wonder what the problem is. I also note that their website states that flights are operated by Euromanx Airways Gmbh. Any idea when this AOC was set up?

This is a crisis
15th Jul 2005, 15:56
I know its a bit like the 'pot calling the kettle black' but a member of the Isle of Man Government has described Euromanx as an embarressment to the Island!!

http://www.manxradio.com/uploaded/audio/eur-singJuly140211July141557July143645July143000.wma

IB4138
15th Jul 2005, 16:26
If I were Emerald's management and I had received an offer too good to refuse to cease the service and lease out the aircraft...I would have done exactly what they did.......in the knowledge that the competitor was likely to fail and then I could pick up the pieces that I wanted.
Good PR as well, when you come to the rescue!

Spartacan
15th Jul 2005, 18:34
IOM - LCY - IOM 3 weeks hence is now £325 return.

Panic reaction???

San Expiry
16th Jul 2005, 09:42
Lies, damned lies and selective statistics. IOM-LCY 1august 0800 return 5 august 0940 is £116. Fly same dates but midday flights and its £325 so you pays yer money and takes yer choice.:ok:

Hansol
16th Jul 2005, 10:25
A number of recent moves at EM actually suggest that the airline is starting to get its act together. I understand the Sabre reservation system is now in place and that EM has now gone ticketless, they have employed some very experienced staff in key roles and the aircraft are now in place. I agree though that crewing is now the main problem, foreign pilots have come to the Island, decided they didn't like it and left, that's always going to be a problem with the rock.

3legs
16th Jul 2005, 11:10
As a Manxman soon to be on the FATPL pile what are the chances of getting a job?? :ugh: I must be mad to suggest it but If i can stay at home then i can save and pay off the hefty bank loan and my very supportive parents :D

Hey there
16th Jul 2005, 17:24
It certainly looks like whoever updates their website has left too - the last update was mid-April talking about the new Galway and Paris services (although it says Galway nonstop to Paris, it actually operates via IOM) whilst their schedules are "unavailable at the present time".

Spartacan
16th Jul 2005, 17:55
>>Lies, damned lies and selective statistics.<<

Agreed. However . . . It does seem that there is a paucity of the cheaper tickets these days. For that, there has to be a reason.

Hey there
16th Jul 2005, 20:55
they are not very selective statistics - almost every Liverpool - Isle of Man round trip for the next two weeks (with the exception of two services each way per day which seem to be at £99) is at £183 when they seemed to be £50 or £60 tops before. Even Eastern to Birmingham and Leeds is cheaper, which really puts it into context.

A textbook case of what analysts always say happens when a previously competed route loses competition or two competitors merge operations.

sidestickhumper
17th Jul 2005, 11:20
Hi 3legs, you will certainly get a job with EMX, probably they offer you the Chief Pilot RJ right away :hmm:

DON'T DO IT, you ruin your reputation

MOR
17th Jul 2005, 14:26
Oh, come now. If you do your best and don't get involved in anything silly, your reputation will be just fine. It isn't a pilots fault if the airline management make bad decisions. Other airlines certainly don't refuse to hire on the basis of a previous employers' performance.

I have worked for three airlines that have gone broke, over the years, and have never had a problem being re-employed - in fact in every case the next job was a significant step up.

The real question with Euromanx seems to be - do the people running it have the character to bring it through their present difficulties?

Don't forget that flybe came very, very close to shutting down a few years ago. It was the character and determination of the current management that plucked it from oblivion, and trust me, they were within hours of death. They are certainly a lot healthier now.

sidestickhumper
17th Jul 2005, 15:33
If a company management has the wrong attitude regarding fligth safety, crewing and training standards it IS your problem. What if you are line training captain and get pressure from the management to release a completely unready (no experience in flying airliners, you have to explain him that the echo on the radar is NOT a island, it is a CB) guy after 10 sectors to fly with unexperienced First Officers? Would you do that? Go ahead. If you are holding in the KELLY hold due to below minimum ceiling and you get the command via company freq "land now, or we have to talk later", is that safe? What if OPS has to seperate different line trainer from a certain trainee captain because they refuse to fly with him? If someone blows a tire during a landing and no investigation is carried out? TRUST ME, DON'T even get close....:hmm:

MOR
17th Jul 2005, 16:19
Like I said... if you don't do anything silly. All the things you describe are silly.

I'm a 146 line trainer, and quite frankly one of the tools of the trade is being sure of your ground, and standing it whenever you have to. There are ways of ensuring your career doesn't suffer - keeping good records is one of them.

There is no way you can end up with a problem if you refuse to land below minima - all the facts are on your side. In fact, if you do, it is likely that both you and the company will be in the crap.

If your Ops Manual allows you to release a guy to the line under the conditions you describe - and most don't - just pass it on to the Chief Pilot. I have failed quite a few in my time, as long as your reasons are sound (and the paperwork reflects that), you are fine.

It may be as bad as you describe, I don't know, but there are ways to protect yourself.

So I guess you are saying I shouldn't apply then...??? ;)

Spartacan
17th Jul 2005, 19:05
>>there are ways to protect yourself.<<

I.e. work for your licence - not your employer.

Meeb
17th Jul 2005, 20:28
Spartacan, good advice.

Like MOR, I am quite curious to see whats on offer to rated and experienced Skippers. I cannot comment on the 146, but I believe the 328 deal is very attractive, and the tax situation in being employed on the Island is a major bonus.

Anyone know some REAL info, and more generally, are residence rights on the rock fairly straightforward?

Spartacan
17th Jul 2005, 21:04
Meeb, PPJN http://www.ppjn.com/ has some details about Euromanx salaries.

Isle of Man residency is straightforward for a UK National or EU citizen.

Search the Isle of Man Government website http://www.gov.im/ for details.

Broadly speaking you need to be resident for five years to gain a work permit. However, if the employer cannot find enough recruits locally, then they can make an individual case for taking you on. For Euromanx seeking pilots this would obviously not be a problem.

Of course, if you are going to move to the Isle of Man then you need to be sure that your employer is reasonably stable. Quite a few long haul pilots (Virgin, BA and Mytravel) live on the Rock and commute to the UK whilst remaining non resident for UK tax.

It's something you have to look into quite carefully though.

MOR
18th Jul 2005, 02:04
Spartacan gets it! Keep good records and cover your ass at all times. Remember that you can always find another employer, but not another licence.

Hmmm I thought that Fraggle Rock was tax-free, but from the government website it appears that you can pay 18% tax. Better than the UK, but not exactly tax-free.

Still, in the end it comes down to the quality (or otherwise) of the pilot management. That is the "X" factor as far as I am concerned.

PPRuNe Pop
18th Jul 2005, 09:30
It seems to me that the same people who were involved with the previous Manx battering, are participating again.

There is no doubt some hard working staff in EM and they had to put up with verbal abuse in the previous threads. That was out of order then and it is out of order now. Spreading 'rumours' that turn out to be figments of someone's imagination is both stupid and childish. If two or three people have left EM that is not an 'Exodus.'

Please be certain to use facts and not fiction. It takes little effort to be sensible so those who that aren't will be prevented joining in any further debate.

PPP

Spartacan
19th Jul 2005, 18:50
This local comment from the 'Isle of Man Today' illuminates matters somewhat!

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1088191

cwllpl
19th Jul 2005, 19:44
Spartican,

how does this link illuminate the "exodus at euromanx" it doesn't mention anything about staff leaving the airline.
Yes granted they do have dome serious delays sometimes, what other airline in the world doesn't. It sound's like some good euromanx bashing going on. maybe you need to look at the fact that many of these passengers origanally booked their flights with emerald, and after they pulled off the route, euromanx took there flights on, but unfortunately not all the flight times where the same, maybe that is why the where put on later flights.

cwl

skiddyiom
20th Jul 2005, 08:15
MOR, with regard to your "tax free" comment. The Island basic rate of tax is 10% with the top rate at 18%. I am not sure of the threshold for top rate ( I don't get paid enough!) but if Pilots are triggering it then the salary can't be that bad.

With regards to Euromanx's apparently perilous position, they have just moved into new offices in the old Freeport and they are taking on support staff. Not really the actions of an airline about to go under I would have thought. And that might explain any glitch in their website - never a good thing moving computers, damn things arre so sensitive!!

skiddy

MOR
20th Jul 2005, 11:59
Skiddy, all I know is what I have found on the IoM govt website. Not sure what Euromanx are paying, it may vary anyway if they are having trouble finding crews.

I guess I just assumed it was tax-free over there.

Anyway I wouldn't be going there for the tax status - I'd be going for the TT! :p

rockjock
20th Jul 2005, 15:10
Don't get your hopes up regarding the restarting of the IOM -EDI route, I believe the EDI booking option on the Euromanx site is there in error whist they update the site. Shame as I'm a weekly commuter on this route and going in via Glasgow is a pain! Anyone else out there want to start a reliable IOM- EDI service?

Hansol
21st Jul 2005, 07:12
Rockjock, I thought Loganair operated the route, or are the timings no good?

skiddyiom
21st Jul 2005, 09:35
Hansol, Loganair dropped the route ages ago. Dunno why. Pain in the butt really, I much prefer to go to EDI than GLA!

Skiddy

GoEDI
21st Jul 2005, 13:54
Yes, after successfully pushing Euromanx off the route, so Loganair could have it to themselves, they go and drop it too! :rolleyes:

Eh Hello?
28th Jul 2005, 09:50
There's an interesting interview with MD of Euromanx on

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=872&ArticleID=1096095

Spartacan
28th Jul 2005, 13:56
Latest news from the Island:

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=872&ArticleID=1096095

The relevant comment being:

'We have had problems with crew, we had a number of people sitting on the ground waiting to fly and they left. I knew there would be an attrition rate, but I didn't know it would be this difficult.'

LBIA
28th Jul 2005, 14:42
Hi

What happen with Thomson Holidays for Euro Manx to give up its LBA - Verona Service on a saturdays operated by its RJ70's

The Astraeus Based B737-300 is now operting the rest of the programme from Leeds for rest of the season.

granddaddy
28th Jul 2005, 15:21
Allegedley 3W were binned by Thompsons.I believe that 3W's poor performance was a contributing factor.Don't quote me but that is the rumour!!

granddaddy
28th Jul 2005, 15:23
Wot,another 2 years.!!!!

Trislander
28th Jul 2005, 18:29
Only loosely related to this thread but I've noticed that people from most British provinces i.e. Guernsey, Gibraltar and Isle of Man all refer to their homeland as the 'Rock'!

Funny, heh?!

:}

skiddyiom
29th Jul 2005, 10:44
A note in our in-house rumour sheet today tells us that EMX are stopping the IOM-STN route from September.

skiddy

ebenezer
29th Jul 2005, 10:52
For EUJ read EMX....

RIP

:{

San Expiry
29th Jul 2005, 12:55
ebeneezer

That crass comment will be based upon your intimate knowlwdge of EMX's financial affairs then?

skiddy
Stanstead - amazed it has lasted this long.

granddaddy
29th Jul 2005, 13:33
IOM - STN,possibility that IOM Gov.financial support for that route now expired.
Sometimes less than 10pax on RJ to STN,not a money spinner!!

Hansol
30th Jul 2005, 09:10
granddaddy - EMX unlike the boat doesn't recieve a penny from the IOM Gov, infact i'd go as far as to say it doesn't even receive moral support.

skiddyiom
30th Jul 2005, 12:54
Hopefully they will scrap crap routes like STN and concentrate on making profitable routes successful. There may be hope yet :O

skiddy

Jamesair
31st Jul 2005, 16:02
I heard that STN is to be given up on 2nd October

rockjock
1st Aug 2005, 01:47
Last IOM -Stanstead flight you can book at Euromanx.com is 2nd October. Try booking beyond that and it returns the message that no flights operate.

jetfour
13th Aug 2005, 13:55
I take it that the (relative) silence on this thread means that Euromanx are starting to get it right?
:hmm:

skiddyiom
13th Aug 2005, 17:37
Well, they still have some horrendous delays, but, they do seem to be getting a lot more together now.

Must be cos my son works for them now :D

skiddy

flyerz111
14th Aug 2005, 22:20
Fitting their schedule to what their fleet can operate maybe? Isle of Man Glasgow is also missing from October 29th onwards (Loganair 1 Euromanx 0?) whilst Galway to Paris has disappeared from the end of September. Will an Edinburgh service replace Glasgow?

jimbo canuck
15th Aug 2005, 16:19
For information, there is another Dash 8 in Euromanx colours at Bombardier in North Bay. It carries registration C-FFMZ and is c/n 534, ex G-JEDE. Also has an Austrian flag on it. appears to be preparing for departure shortly.

Jimbo

Ronaldsway Radar
15th Aug 2005, 23:49
Delays here and there still, but apart from that, a great team effort from EuroManx the past month to get their act together, (despite the maintenence work on the airport!).

Got a few brilliant pics of the EuroManx aircraft in the not to common manx sun over the past week!

Also, advertised on the IoM's 'Jobs Xtra' booklet, autumn farecrackers, such as;
Liverpool £39 return Inc. all taxes....

does this mean an end to high prices for a while? I'll be the first to book! :D

RR

jarino
17th Aug 2005, 20:46
According to Galway Independent, Euromanxx plans a weekly Galway-Faro service as Galway-Malaga has been a "phenomenal success".

http://www.galwayindependent.com/news/4456.html

MarkD
18th Aug 2005, 00:50
Interesting to see Arann have a crack at IOM-LPL. They can't seem to make up their mind whether they like LPL or MAN better. Potential for LTN/BHX/EDI too perhaps, given their other routes to those ports?

lagerlout
18th Aug 2005, 15:19
whos gonna handle aer arran in IOM, dont emerald do it at the moment???

Conflict of interests maybe?!

18th Aug 2005, 15:31
Aer Lingus couldn't make Cork-Faro work even though Cork-Malaga is a successful route.

Good luck to them, but given the lower catchment area I'd say they'll struggle. Alicante or Barcelona might be a better option.

nickmanl
18th Aug 2005, 15:39
Are BACX pulling off the IOM - LTN route? If so, I bet Aer Arann will be right on the route.

PAXboy
18th Aug 2005, 22:05
Any news of the LPL to Exeter? My mother is planning IOM~LPL and then south but no schedules on their website.

Is the route now in operation and what EQU??

Thanks.

MerchantVenturer
18th Aug 2005, 22:18
The Flybe EXT-LPL-EXT has been running since mid summer. I assume it's a Q 400.

Here is the timetable. It's on the Flybe web timetable.

Northbound
BE101 12:35 13:35 . . . . . Sa . - - 13-Aug-05 - 29-Oct-05
BE101 13:10 14:10 M T W T F Sa Su - - 30-Oct-05 - 24-Dec-05
BE101 13:10 14:10 M T W T F Sa Su - - 26-Dec-05 - 25-Mar-06
BE101 13:20 14:20 M T W T F . Su - - 11-Aug-05 - 28-Oct-05

Southbound
BE102 14:00 15:00 . . . . . Sa . - - 13-Aug-05 - 29-Oct-05
BE102 14:35 15:35 M T W T F Sa Su - - 30-Oct-05 - 24-Dec-05
BE102 14:35 15:35 M T W T F Sa Su - - 26-Dec-05 - 25-Mar-06
BE102 14:45 15:45 M T W T F . Su - - 11-Aug-05 - 28-Oct-05

PAXboy
19th Aug 2005, 11:00
MV Arrrrr, thenk u may luvver. Hhmm, not sure that I know how to write Bristle, it's a long time since I lived there!!

Yes, that all makes sense, she does EuroManx to LPL which is my excuse for using this thread!!

rockjock
30th Aug 2005, 10:45
Anyone know what's happening at Euromanx?

- Stansted is dropped for the winter but back in the spring?

- Glasgow is the only Euromanx destination excluded from their Firecracker promotion and you can't book IOM-GLA beyond end October. Is this route continuing?

- Edinburgh has re-appeared on the drop down menu on their on-line booking system but no flights are scheduled?

The destination and schedules section of their website has been absent for weeks.

Do they know what they are doing?

WOWBOY
30th Aug 2005, 11:46
- Glasgow is the only Euromanx destination excluded from their Firecracker promotion and you can't book IOM-GLA beyond end October. Is this route continuing?

What is the firecracker promotion not on website??

rockjock
30th Aug 2005, 13:26
WOWBOY - That should have read Farecracker not Firecracker. A firecracker is what I would like to put up them in terms of them sorting out their schedules!

The Farecracker promotion is 2000 seats per week at reduced prices. Available on-line at their website. Don't tell me you are having difficulty finding the offer at their site!!!:rolleyes:

Vizcaya
10th Sep 2005, 11:18
Heard it´s all over at the end of September....

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
10th Sep 2005, 11:21
I take it you do mean the special fares

G-I-B

egns radar
10th Sep 2005, 11:49
Rumour has it here on the island that euromanx are pulling out of Galway at the end of the month. It will be a pity if it's true. Thought the Malaga was doing very well and that they were looking at possible new winter destinations as well as UK routes in the coming months.

MOR
10th Sep 2005, 12:16
No, I don't think he/she does... I have also heard some dire rumours.

Anyone from the company know anything? Put our minds at rest!

eastjimmy
10th Sep 2005, 22:56
yep its true alright.... was talking to a friend of mine last night and he said that they were talking to the airport board about various things and they decided to pull out. my buddy is job hunting so its a gonner for sure. there was some mention of them starting up the agp route again in new year (march) but my mate has doubts.
pitty....

Ronaldsway Radar
11th Sep 2005, 01:07
I suppose this may free up the RJ for a while?

Also, slightly off topic;

egns radar - I hope I didn't steal your first choice name when you signed up!! :D I'm guessing you control at NS yes?

Lol.

Regards,
RR.

Ronaldsway Radar
11th Sep 2005, 01:11
Surely not?? I thought EMX had been doing well for a while now? IoM-LPL route was rumoured by certainl local newspapers to be doing well...

rockjock
11th Sep 2005, 18:55
Previously bookable dates for IOM / GLA in October have now been withdrawn. From the end of September the following routes have disappeared from the Euromanx website - Glasgow, Galway, Bristol and Southamton. There could be others...

I have a ticket for the IOM/GLA route in October. I'll see what I can find out from them tomorrow!!!

n5205e00421
11th Sep 2005, 23:46
It is not possible to book any flight out of Galway after the 29th of september..

N.

MOR
12th Sep 2005, 01:17
Well I htink it is clear that they are pulling out of Galway, the question is, are they going to carry on operating at all?

Hansol
12th Sep 2005, 05:48
Winter schedule no more no less, the withdrawl from GWY is correct though, high cost of fuel and high cost of putting fuel in RJ's. Look out for a reduction in destinations from the island.
With the high price of fuel and the gov inviting and supporting the Irish competition it was to be expected.

MarkD
12th Sep 2005, 14:42
Hansol

care to expand on your last comment - were you referring to IOM govt there?

girt big un
12th Sep 2005, 22:27
Had a call today to say WS had gone from the company and the Island. Hope it is true as he should not be in our industry.

MOR
13th Sep 2005, 01:20
Heard a rumour today that Euromanx have actually divested themselves of all their RJ crew...

rockjock
13th Sep 2005, 10:37
Heard it confirmed today that CEO WS has indeed gone from Euromanx. Left the Island last week. Galway, Glasgow, Stansted and Southampton routes all withdrawn. One new route to start!

Yak97
13th Sep 2005, 12:02
So if WS has left (pushed??) Euromanx, who are the actual owners, and who's calling the shots??

rockjock
13th Sep 2005, 13:35
It's all a bit chaotic at Euromanx today. There was meant to have been a press release yesterday, but nothing was announced. Feel sorry for the poor Euromanx staff on the reservation desk - all they have is a hand written note scrawled in black felt tip pen stuck to the counter telling them not to accept bookings on the cancelled routes. Beyond that they know nothing. Not even calls up to management can clarify what's going on.

As to who's in charge - that's anyones guess...

sidestickhumper
13th Sep 2005, 13:48
WS's son JS takes over with immediate effect as "interim CEO" according an internal memo, whatever that means. To be fair, I have to add, that this was planned allready before, maybe not that fast.

rockjock
13th Sep 2005, 14:19
Thanks for that sidestickhumper - does JS have any avaition background / track record?

Also any speculation on the new route?

GoEDI
13th Sep 2005, 14:28
One new route to start!

Where's that? EDI re-start? It's been on their website for a while now, but with no schedule...

sidestickhumper
13th Sep 2005, 14:35
@ rockjock

yes, according my info he was kinda RJ jockey in his former days, probably in Australia. But that's exactly the point, we all are surprized, that a guy who is supposed to know, how things are running, especially in training matters, safety, punctuality and so on can be as chaotic as his result, EMX, is. Just an example, EMX is broadcasting their punctuallity report daily internally and restricted on their webpage, but only if a flight is delayed more than 15 minutes it is reported as delayed. We all know, that airline standard is 3 minutes... They are lying in their own pockets... he's even worse than his father, sorry to say that...

PS: Chief Flight Operation has left his position and his job has been taken over by a delegate of Austrocontrol (...)

rockjock
13th Sep 2005, 14:58
Sidestickthumper - That sounds like mixed news!

GoEDI - I do hope the new route is IOM-EDI - I commute twice a week and going via GLA is a pain.

I found this on travelocity, which suggest that EDI-IOM is on the cards. It was a search for carriers on this route between November 2005 and 2006. The formating has gone to pot but it suggests that Euromanx will be offering a connecting service and gives the fare. The travelocity site wont accept bookings yet, but it sounds hopeful.

Edinburgh, UK (EDI) to Isle Of Man, UK (IOM)

Lowest Economy/Coach Fares published for travel between November 2005 and January 2006

Any applicable discounts will be added after you choose your flights.
+some taxes, additional fees apply
important information about fare availability

Round-Trip Price: GBP 104.00+

Euromanx/Woodgate Air Charter UK LTD.
offers connecting service Advance Purchase: See Rules Rules

Earliest Return: 01 days
Latest Return: 6 months

Round-Trip Price: GBP 144.00+

Euromanx/Woodgate Air Charter UK LTD.
offers connecting service Advance Purchase: See Rules Rules

Earliest Return: See Rules
Latest Return: 6 months

etc...

n5205e00421
13th Sep 2005, 23:04
Both GWY-LCY services were cancelled today. RJ70 EI-CPK was sitting on the Galway apron all day. Do they actually intend to operate the rest of the month?

Good luck to the staff, especially GWY based.

N.

GMIMA
14th Sep 2005, 13:17
looks like my quess of 6 months was quiet a good guess after all.

feel sorry for the staff on check in, they are a good bunch of people at IOM.

looks like they have grown too big, far too fast, but hey, i just drive the punters, so what do i know? mmmmmmm

sidestickhumper
14th Sep 2005, 13:29
@GMIMA

not only the Check-In guys were nice ones, also all the staff flying the crafts were (or still are) really great mates, not to forget the highly qualified CC and maintenance crew

rockjock
14th Sep 2005, 14:08
n5318w00857 - Galway - IOM. Euromanx will be operatng a flight on a Monday and Friday only until the end of the month.

MOR
14th Sep 2005, 14:09
Surely it is a little early to be thinking in the past tense? My intel tells me that they have reasonably secure long-term finance in place, and the company appears to be still trading, albeit in reduced form. I had the impression the goals were more long term in nature.

Does anyone who actually works for them know what is happening now?

I had a friend who was offered a job with them on the RJ, and although the job never happened, the impression he got was that the current situation was merely a restructure.

Anyway... fascinating story. Tell us more.

Hansol
15th Sep 2005, 07:09
OK some facts:

1. Check in staff work for Flight Support Ltd not EM.
2. WS has gone into a long planned retirement, good luck to him.
3. JS is a very experienced very capable CEO.
4. A winter schedule has been announced with a reduction in routes, because its the winter and fuel is at $1.92 a usg.
5. Long term funding is in place.
6.EM is here to stay.

anymore questions? The above was announced on local radio this morning.

rockjock
15th Sep 2005, 07:51
Hansol - Thanks for that. I missed the radio announcement - was there a new route?

flyerz111
15th Sep 2005, 08:26
Guys, you've got to respect them for what they have done. I am certain there are dozens of ppruners dying to write "I told you so" posts but, at the end of the day, they have admitted they misread either the market or their capabilities (or both) and come clean.

The main concern now is that they will be seen as a weakened airline and others will capitalise on this - operating two a day on London City is only partially serving this market, leaving Stanstead uncovered is inviting more London competition and, as a result of their Galway expedition, they now have a competitor on their back on Liverpool.

There are lots of patches to be applied but, if they concentrate on what they can be good at and put 100% into it, with proper direction, there is no reason for them to cease and every reason for them to flourish over time, provided the finances are in place.

lfc84
15th Sep 2005, 13:07
OK some facts:

"1. Check in staff work for Flight Support Ltd not EM."

Directors are the same

"2. WS has gone into a long planned retirement, good luck to him."

As a traveller who has suffered an 18 hour delay at the hands of his company I day good riddance to him !

Quote:
"3. JS is a very experienced very capable CEO."

Lets hope he can manage the job better than his daddy.

"4. A winter schedule has been announced with a reduction in routes, because its the winter and fuel is at $1.92 a usg."

This is the company that said when they took sole control of the Liverpool route they would maintain current schedule frequencies. They certainly wont on the LPL route.

Quote"
5. Long term funding is in place."

That doesnt mean they will be a success. They can still manage their own downfall

"6.EM is here to stay."

Oh god no !!!!!

San Expiry
15th Sep 2005, 14:22
And your point is........?

lfc84
15th Sep 2005, 14:42
my points have been made in the statements above.

what bit dont u understand ?

MOR
15th Sep 2005, 14:53
Well none of it makes any sense, actually.

1: Same directors. So what? Different companies, one can stand without the other.

2: 18 hour delay. So what? This happens every day to every airline. In over 20 years in the game, for six different airlines, I must have had over 25 delays like that. The fact that you were unlucky enough to have such a delay does not mean the airline is a bad one... there could be hundreds of reasons for such a delay.

3: Stupid comment not worthy of an answer.

4: Have they actually reduced frequency on the LPL route, or is that an assumption on your part?

5: Assured funding is 80% of the battle. There is nothing to indicate that they have made any serious mis-judgements so far. It is very hard to start a new airline in the rather crowded European market.. Some pretty good airlines have gone to the wall over the years...

6: I hope they are here to stay, and more power to their arm. You don't have to fly with them, do you?

And no I don't work for them, or even live in the same country...

lfc84
15th Sep 2005, 15:01
"1: Same directors. So what? Different companies, one can stand without the other."

Same director same shambles of an operation.

"2: 18 hour delay. So what? This happens every day to every airline. In over 20 years in the game, for six different airlines, I must have had over 25 delays like that. The fact that you were unlucky enough to have such a delay does not mean the airline is a bad one... there could be hundreds of reasons for such a delay."

Delay was caused because they sent a plane to LPL with 2 pax on board and didnt board the remainder of the pax. Flight Support loaded the plane with 2 pax and euromanx staff decided to depart anyway. that plane also contained ALL the bags of those who were supposed to depart. with respect i doubt u have experienced anything like that before..... They then could not arrange an aircraft for the pax that evening once they realised the mistake or even the following morning so once they cleared the backlog the following day it was 18 hour delay.

"3: Stupid comment not worthy of an answer."

my opinion thats all. stupid or not.

"4: Have they actually reduced frequency on the LPL route, or is that an assumption on your part?"

Not assumption. I have facts.

"5: Assured funding is 80% of the battle. There is nothing to indicate that they have made any serious mis-judgements so far. It is very hard to start a new airline in the rather crowded European market.. Some pretty good airlines have gone to the wall over the years..."

Mis-judgements...? See no 2 - due to this they wont get my business any longer (where I have a choice)

"6: I hope they are here to stay, and more power to their arm. You don't have to fly with them, do you?"

See 5

MOR
15th Sep 2005, 15:31
Yes I've seen delays like that... had a few out of BHX when security (or what passes for security) got swamped and we had a 40 minute delay for our pax... had to depart as if we hadn't, we would have arrived after our destination closed. Such a delay could also be slot-induced. Do you have all the facts regarding that flight? Do you know all the curcumstances? Thought not.

And do you know all the circumstances regarding the events the next day? Do you know, for example, whether an imbound aircraft intended to sort the problem out was delayed by a slot... or weather... or a tech problem? Maybe a lack of de-icing capability, or Swanwick dying again, or Eurocontrol having a brain fart? Possibly a crew member being in a traffic accident? There could be hundreds of reasons, none of which necessarily indicates a management failure.

Panning an airline on the basis of one experience is ever so slightly over the top.

lfc84
15th Sep 2005, 15:34
as i said earlier i know the facts of the event and the following day. i wouldnt comment otherwise.

part69
15th Sep 2005, 15:51
agree with lfc

"Guys, you've got to respect them for what they have done"

What for bringing shame to the Manx name?

They are a joke, I mean for a start they have bypassed the english AOC and use an Austrian one?

MOR

We could write a seriously long list of shame about euromanx!
For a start last winter euromanx did not de-ice their a/c - FACT the day other operators did!
Weather, euromanx operate in anything, reported last week was an a/c landing when there was an approach ban in place due to visibility.
ATC dont think its brussels/swanwick, euromanx have major problems with there flight plans as they change timings anda/c etc without re-filing, therefore inducing a delay - FACT

Anyone who works in or around euromanx know, its not if they will survive but how long is left!

If their answer to aer arran is to put a 146 on lpl route, that just sums them up! Even the IOM Government is supporting Aer arran!!!

WS retired, that is the best ive heard in ages!!!
JS im sure will be due for early retirement soon?? ha!

People euromanx have had long enough, I was once a beliver.:mad:

AlexWhitaker
15th Sep 2005, 16:47
Can anyone confirm where EMX park at EGCC - when I was there, there was a Q200 on one of the stands by the MYT hanger. Is this normal for EMX?

MarkD
15th Sep 2005, 17:34
part69

hansol also mentioned IOM govt support of RE but has yet to expand on what form this takes, what routes etc.

Do you have that information or were you merely repeating hansol's post?

part69
15th Sep 2005, 17:41
yes, i do have information but cannot say publicly, but you will find out around the launch date of route

With regards to financial support I don't know, If think the a/c must be over 50 seats, so if they are using 42s then no.

MOR
15th Sep 2005, 18:12
part69

So you are suggesting that an Austrian AOC (under JAA) is inferior to a UK AOC (under JAA)? How do you work that one out? No such thing as an English AOC btw.

As far as not de-icing, I find that rather hard to believe - it would show up at their first audit. Same goes for landing whilst an approach ban was in place - the aerodrome tower is required to inform the appropriate authority if that happens, and it would only be a matter of hours before the AOC postholder was carpeted. Do it more than once and you can say goodbye to your AOC.

I have regularly changed types and timings - for example when stepping in for a tech Q400 - and it has never taken more than a few minutes to get going, unless there were existing slot delays. And that was always done via Ground or the Tower. They simply do what your company ops should do.

You obviously have an axe to grind with Euromanx. Personally I have no feelings either way, but some of the stuff being posted here is pure b*ll*cks.

lfc84
15th Sep 2005, 18:34
MOR

I fully understand your comment "some of the stuff being posted here is pure bollocsk"

however......if you dont have the factual information (which some of us do) then i can understand that comment. you also would certainly find many things hard to belive but they are true. certain things happen at IOM which would not happen elsewhere.

sidestickhumper
15th Sep 2005, 20:30
Hansol

you obviously never worked for them, at least not in the flight ops department. I did, I also was a believer and I know everybody I speak about personally. Believe me, JS is even WORSE. But, what shall I say, you will see...

MOR

Austria is FAR away from beeing JAR conform. They have implemented the JAR OPS, but the most important part for flight crew, safety, training etc is the JAR FCL (flight crew licensing). I know all the circumstances EMX got their AOC and how they are under constant pressure from Austrocontrol. See also my PS in my last post. They got at least two times a "last chance" from ACG. I don't know another airline who received that kind of warnings.....

Part69

let's stay fair here, Euromanx did not de-iced their A/C last winter????? EMX as an operating Airline does not exist longer than 6 month, my friend, must be a hoax...

Shed-on-a-Pole
15th Sep 2005, 22:12
Yes, it is normal for EMX to park remote near the MYT hangar at Manchester. This is because arriving passengers have to be bussed to T3 arrivals [domestic section], whilst outbound pax are bussed from the T1 bussing lounge. It is not unusual for other domestic flights which can't be accommodated in T3 to have a similar arrangement, notably the FlyBe Southampton services and - before their recent demise - the EU Jet Manston run.

Euromanx check-in is in T1 lower level (alongside Jet2 and MyTravel). Hope this is helpful to you.

SHED.

MOR
16th Sep 2005, 05:54
Now why do I get the impression that sidestickhumper and part69 do not speak English as their first language? Not Austrians are you...? :cool:

I guess we will see eventually whether or not they succeed. I had the impression that the Chief Pilot was an Austrian or a German, but if any of what you describe is really going on, he will no doubt be unemployed soon!

I also heard that an ex-BA guy was set to become the RJ fleet manager, if that is true, no doubt standards will rise.

New, small niche players can be good or bad. I have worked for a bad one, it didn't last very long. Unsafe practices and skimping soon catch up with you.

Hansol
16th Sep 2005, 07:06
IFc84 - The a minor point but I have to correct the rubbish you are spouting. The Directors of Flight Support and EMX are not the same. You keep saying you know the facts, I suspect you are a disgruntled ex-employee that has been removed as part of the ongoing improvements in the operation.
On the subject of AA, they have moved into the Island because they lost a Gov subsidy in Ireland on a number of their routes, FR will be blowing them off the DUB - ORK route from early Nov, if anyone is betting the family silver on them, good luck !

part69
16th Sep 2005, 07:34
MOR

About AOC- what is the problem with them getting a UK- JAA ( JAA to please you)? OK if they are operating in austria thats fine BUT their NOT! They are cutting corners

MOR

You are not listening, all what I have said is TRUE so register it! de-icing FACT, ATC- FACT, just find an iom controller, they will tell you.The approach in 400m vis is RUMOR.

I have no axe to grind with Euromanx, I'm sick of reading and listening to the utter rubbish that is given to the manx media, when over half of it is untrue!

lfc84
16th Sep 2005, 09:33
Hansol -

I have copies of official headed letter paper from both Flight Support and EMX. It clearly states that the director of both companies is WS....

:ok:

MOR
16th Sep 2005, 09:50
part69

AOC: despite what you might think, all signatories to JAA operate to substantially the same rules.

Now the IoM is NOT part of the United Kingdom, although it is part of the Commonwealth. It is therefore free to adopt whatever regulatory framework it wants when it comes to aviation. The IoM government chooses to accept the Austrian AOC, as is their prerogative. It has absolutely nothing to do with "cutting corners". Please explain to us all exactly what corners are being cut?

all what I have said is TRUE

Sez you. Why should I believe you? Who the hell are you anyway? For all I know, you could be a ten-year-old with an aeroplane fetish.

If you want to establish these "facts", you need a little more than "because I said so".

I believe an IoM controller posts here, maybe he or she can verify your claim (or not).

For now, I choose not to believe you. You are way too strident to be credible.

Ronaldsway Radar
16th Sep 2005, 12:46
Sorry guys, I stumbled on the de-icing post, but not too sure what you meant. Can you just clarify what you meant?

Apologies if I say here something completely un-correllated with what you were on about...lol.
But, yes, EMX do de-ice their aircraft, if needed.

RR

MOR
16th Sep 2005, 12:58
More to the point RR, what about the claim they were landing at Ronaldsway whilst an approach ban was in force?

Capt. Horrendous
16th Sep 2005, 12:59
No comments here other than to say it is allowable under certain circumstances to make an approach in 400m visibility.

If RVR is not reported the visibilities which are passed will be met visibilities. These are factored by 1.5 by day and 2.0 by night to give an equivalent RVR. 400m met vis becomes 800m RVR at night. Min RVR required on 26 is 700m, so no problems here.

The reporting of RVRs ceased on the IOM when the firefighters were prevented from undertaking the task - the H&S didn't like the fact that they were standing atop of their engines to obtain the measurements. RVR reporting may have been reinstated since, but this was certainly the method of determining equivalent RVRs a few months ago.

MOR
16th Sep 2005, 14:07
the H&S didn't like the fact that they were standing atop of their engines

I wonder how they feel about them fighting fires then... :p

lfc84
16th Sep 2005, 14:11
quote:

"the H&S didn't like the fact that they were standing atop of their engines

I wonder how they feel about them fighting fires then... "

:D :D :D :D :D

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

AlexWhitaker
16th Sep 2005, 16:15
Thanks shed-on-a-pole

Soddit
16th Sep 2005, 16:32
Two questions for sidestickhumper.When you say that Austria has 'implemented JAR OPS' do you mean that Austrocontrol is now fully compliant with and accepted by JAA as being in compliance with JAR OPS1? And regarding JAR FCL.According to the AustroControl 2004 annual report they say that they regard becoming JAR FCL compliant as a priority and a JAA audit is scheduled for Q3 2005.Doesn't sound like they are far from <beeing JAR conform?>

flyerz111
18th Sep 2005, 22:05
Much as I hate to prolong the life of this thread (in fear we will end up with another mammoth EMX log), but perhaps someone in the airline would pay an O-level student at Douglas Comp a few quid to update their website, as it appears they have had no one capable of doing so in the company for quite some time. Apart from an obsolete (and never delivered) routemap, the fact that they are still announcing new services from Galway to London City and Paris (direct from Galway) is, apart from being five months old, an embarassment as the former no longer applies and the latter never happened anyway (they went via IOM).

Anything to get rid of that bl@@dy picture of Bryan (sorry Brian) McFadden sandwiched between two EuroBabes on the Galway press release. In fact, on second thoughts, just airbrush him and the other James Bond try-to-lookalikes and leave the gals :)

Global Pilot
19th Sep 2005, 21:47
MOR
"I also heard that an ex-BA guy was set to become the RJ fleet manager, if that is true, no doubt standards will rise."

I can confirm he has taken up his position. Capt W. Flew with him to LCY a few weeks back. Really nice chap and should bring something positive to this good niche airline.

atprider
23rd Sep 2005, 07:22
Can anyone confirm whether RJ EICPK has operated a service recently? No sign of it on IOM, and rumour is rife that it has been fairly static at GWY for quite a while..........

Hansol
23rd Sep 2005, 11:16
CPK is still working in GWY. Till the end of the month at least, then coming home I suppose.

skiddyiom
23rd Sep 2005, 13:23
EI-CPK was operating the IOM-CDG this lunchtime. And one of the Dorniers was operating a route too (dunno to where).

The Air Atlantique crews will depart IOM at the end of this month, so I hear. This will leave 3W with just their own aircraft. Should be interesting times ahead.

skid

stratocruiser
27th Sep 2005, 23:56
What the hell is happening at Euromanx, closing down bases, pulling the RJ off London City and putting turbo prop on it. More pilots leaving the Island due lack of confidence in the company. AND the CEO Mr Seymour chucking it in just a few weeks ago. Will they be with us for much longer?

Hansol
28th Sep 2005, 07:30
I know they have launched a winter schedule and that the jet has been taken off some routes because of the high price of fuel, don't think its true about pilots leaving though.

towser
28th Sep 2005, 14:53
Did hear that some of the pilots were having to use their own credit cards to get fuel recently and also some local suppliers having to get vocal to get overdue payment.

Soddit
28th Sep 2005, 15:02
Have been a supplier to Euromanx since early this year.All invoices have been paid in full and without argument.

3legs
28th Sep 2005, 17:01
Did hear a rumour today from more than one source saying the same thing that EMX are in trouble with the Bank to the tune of £40 Million!!...Anyone know more and if its true??

Cheers

3Legs

Manxtraveller
28th Sep 2005, 17:23
From what I've heard, and it's only that, but no smoke etc....... Aircraft on the ground don't make money, and many of their aircraft have been parked around every spare peice of taxy way at Ronaldsway, routes being cut, the latest being Manchester, and some redundency notices issued to both Flight crew and Ground Staff. An investigation by Price Waterhouse rumored to have begun at the request of a major Bank, Somthing to do with the lease deal on the RJ's. What a joke to call themselves the Islands Airline!!!!!! Still, best they go under before the winter and inherent cost of de-icing aircraft, if they are going to bother this season!

Good luck to the guys and gals though, they are a real hard working bunch, shame they have been taken in and shafted by Mr S.

MOR
28th Sep 2005, 17:55
Well from what I have heard, neither of the above two comments are true. Before you start slinging mud around, you should really check who actually owns the aircraft... then check who is backing Euromanx... add two and two and try not to get 42.

Also, you might like to consider that under many lease arrangements, you only actually pay for the hours that the aircraft flies (plus daily/C-check requirements). So if it sits around, it isn't hurting EMX (much).

And finally, whilst nobody likes it, it is sometimes necessary to prune aircraft or crews in the face of difficult trading conditions. EMX wouldn't be the first, many large airlines have done the same in recent years (including some of the big charter carriers).

JDB1052
28th Sep 2005, 21:46
Can anyone update us on what fleet they have left and what the medium term aircraft will be for London City - with the RJ's on the way out, what will be used to keep this going on a two-per-day frequnecy?

euroman
1st Oct 2005, 09:51
I know for a fact, and this is correct info and not a rumour or gossip, Pilots working for Euromanx have had phone calls yesterday telling them they do not have a job any more.

MOR
1st Oct 2005, 10:57
Ah well that would explain a few things going on here... although I sincerely hope they are OK.

I had thought they we financially OK, so I'm rather surprised.

San Expiry
1st Oct 2005, 13:34
Would have thought the pretty radical surgery to Galway and route shutdowns announced recently suggested that things were not good on the finance front. Backers perhaps demanded some action and be quick about it! Many said the initial expansion was too fast too soon and it appears to be the case. Unfortunatley it's the workers who catch the fallout. Rumour has it that cabin and flight crew have been made redundant. Another glorious day in the annals of Manx aviation.:ugh:

TGI Flyin
1st Oct 2005, 14:03
Significant amount of funds invested into 3W on the basis that they can get their act together quickly, so the rationisation of IOM routes and the quick decision to get out of Galway seem to be the most sensible decisions made for quite some time. Sorry to hear about the job losses though.
Word from an Aer Arran instructor that they would be willing to type rate 3W guys on the ATR72/42 based on the Island as part of their growth plans. Might be word making contact ??

wingnut10
1st Oct 2005, 19:35
TGI Flyin:

Any chance of emailing me if you have a contact regarding your comments,

"Word from an Aer Arran instructor that they would be willing to type rate 3W guys on the ATR72/42 based on the Island as part of their growth plans. Might be word making contact ??"

Unfortunately I was one that got the letter "Don't turn up on Monday"

Cheers

TGI Flyin
1st Oct 2005, 20:19
Wingnut

Not sure how to contact them, but this is what it says on their website.

"We are currently inviting applications for future Captain opportunities with Aer Arann.

An ATR Type Rating is desirable, however it is not essential. Conversion training can be arranged for the right candidate.

Bonding arrangements will apply where conversion training is provided.

Type rated candidates to hold:

Current ATR 42/72 Command.
JAA-ATPL
Non type rated candidates:

JAA-ATPL
Total-time - 3000hrs, minimum
Command on JAR25 aircraft "

airportioman
2nd Oct 2005, 05:16
Atlantic air have removed their aircraft from the island, so 3W now have to manage with just their own airframes, and the emerald ATP's. The Southampton, Glasgow & Stansted routes are stopping, leaving considerably less overall for them to handle.

Yesterday's London city was operated by a Dash-8 300 (OEHBB) I believe for the first time the company's own dash has gone into the city ?

Aer Arann begin liverpool services tomorrow...............

david_wilding
2nd Oct 2005, 08:59
After checking thier website they have actually updated the home page with a new route map, which looks far more realistic for them to operate, and a news link.

They dont announce the slashing of previous routes or whats happened about the fleet.

But, the timetable only states 3 aircraft...DH8, 328 and EQV? I dont know what EQV is? But, looks like to me that the RJs are not operating any...unless EQV is some kind of shortcut for RJs!

Scottie Dog
2nd Oct 2005, 09:14
Very simple actually, EQV = Equipment Varies

Seems to cover practically every route that Euromanx has operated?

Scottie Dog

Hansol
2nd Oct 2005, 09:44
Manx traveller - where did you get this about a Price Waterhouse investigation, pretty damming claim if its true?

Mr R Sole
2nd Oct 2005, 10:58
I was called in to do an ACMI charter for Euromanx in my last company. Never seen such an unhappy and disorganised set up!

How long will the Manx government continue to bail them out?

Grand yahoo
2nd Oct 2005, 11:41
Reduced operation for winter with 2 Dash 8s and 2 Dorniers with the ATP carrying on the LPL.

RJs at 2 bucks a gallon for fuel could not make Galway work.

Aer Arran gets kicked off Dublin Cork by Ryanair and has to find something for the ATRs.

Good luck to the EMX guys / gals. and hope those that are left make it.

MOR
2nd Oct 2005, 12:57
So I suppose the question would be, what are they going to do with the RJ's? Mothball them until the summer, or dispose of them?

The clue would be whether or not they have retained any RJ crew (and the new jet FM).

Grand yahoo
2nd Oct 2005, 15:17
No bail out by manx gov for any carrier!

Hansol
3rd Oct 2005, 07:13
Competition invited in by manx government, as if aviation on the island wasn't fragile enough.

whaley26
3rd Oct 2005, 08:29
Euromanx canxd SOU flights but not advised SOU authorities. They have also let down tour operators by walking away from winter charters.

MarkD
3rd Oct 2005, 13:58
Hansol

You have yet to specify exactly how IOM gov invited RE in, despite having made assertions about govt subsidies etc in the past. Why do you reckon any government would not favour its own, especially when it doesn't have EU competition regs to answer to?

Also - given the truly haphazard way EMX have planned their fleet acquisitions, a plan which would never have gotten off the ground somewhere where actual competition exists, it is really surprising to see the sniping in favour of an airline which really seems to lack good management.

I don't hold a torch for either airline (in fact I think the EMX colour scheme is quite natty) but unless you produce some facts it's difficult to see what RE have done to earn your bile.

Grand yahoo
3rd Oct 2005, 21:56
IOM Gov like to have at least two carriers on each route. The local paper has just advised that easy Jet will not operate to IOM due to their A/c being too large for the runway!

Yak97
10th Oct 2005, 17:40
According to Speednews:

EuroManx Airways received GBP12m cash injection to restructure company in preparation for winter schedule.

Unquote

Does this mean a change of management? 12M GBP is quite a hefty sum. I wonder how much has gone to pay old debts??

ecj
10th Oct 2005, 21:47
Heard that one of their aircraft had to return to IOM with an u/c problem just before 7pm on Sunday. Had three greens on return. Unable to retract the nosewheel??. Windy night just to add to their misery.

:confused:

capitan caveman
12th Oct 2005, 20:37
The new cash injection seams to have come from club 328 check euromanx site for more info
http://www.euromanx.com/news/

this must only be a good thing.

couch pilot
12th Oct 2005, 20:48
if club 328 are back on the sceen then i agree this is a good thing.

as for the dash 8 i beleive that the problem was the nose wheel locking pin was not inserted after push.

Yak97
12th Oct 2005, 22:02
The press release would seem to mean the end of the RJ's?

"It will also standardise on its 30-seat Dornier 328 turboprop and Bombardier Dash 8-200 and 300 series aircraft"

So no more AGP's?

LGW Vulture
13th Oct 2005, 09:16
Goodness knows just how much further Bank of Scotland are willing to bail out both these operators. This has been going on ever since the demise of Chauffair - some three and a half years ago!
:rolleyes:

Hansol
13th Oct 2005, 09:38
Saint alled, which accountancy company? please give more details. If you can't back up your claim I suggest you remove it at once before the lawyers come a calling.

San Expiry
13th Oct 2005, 10:06
saint alled. Wasn't aware the Euromanx were head to head with Arran in Galway on any route. Malaga, Paris, London City and Isle of Man were all uncontested. The whole Irish venture appears to have been a badly thought out project which has probably cost a lot of money.

Hansol is quite right about substantiating your 'accounting' claim. Making a serious financial claim as you have done without a glimmer of disclosable evidence is not on.

euromanxdude
13th Oct 2005, 11:05
IOM - MAD Departing tmw on one of the rj's for a weekend charter @ 11:00 back sunday i think 20:30

Ronaldsway Radar
13th Oct 2005, 12:40
I work for The RBS Group. We have no issues as such with EuroManx.

Careful what you say when it comes to finance. Sensitive issue hehe.

:}

Hansol
13th Oct 2005, 14:19
Saint alled you are fishing !! wouldn't be a journalist would you?

Spartacan
13th Oct 2005, 17:45
And the local paper says:

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1219691

PPRuNe Pop
13th Oct 2005, 18:35
Let us get one thing clear.

It is obvious that some of you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. You are making suppositions that have no basis and your speculation can rebound - on PPRuNe. That being the case we will look to you to provide your names and details to back up your claims.

One or two of your posts have to be removed and I doubt that those responsible will do it - so I have saved you the trouble. In other words if it is not fact it is not stying here.

DO NOT make wild guesses or claims you cannot back up.

couch pilot
13th Oct 2005, 18:50
euro manx dude do you know anything about the rumor that the rj geting a mad malta charter and then opperating the iom-mad as a pax flight insted of a positioning one.

euromanxdude
13th Oct 2005, 19:24
all i knw is the same as you couch pilot. but think about it. makes commercial sense. if you got an a/c doing a charter mad-mla, might as well sell some seats going down a] more cash b] excuse to escape the manx weather for sunnier climes for a few days!:cool:

Grand yahoo
13th Oct 2005, 21:51
Seats for sale on the euromanx web site all this week!

Please do NOT provide links to sites if it advertises services.

PPP

MOR
14th Oct 2005, 07:45
Given the success that flybe have had doing charters with the 146, I would have thought that Euromanx could get a winter program together for the RJ, even at this late stage. I would certainly believe that they could organise a good charter program for the summer. Flybe used to turn them down!

Of course if they get rid of all the RJ crews, they might have a problem!

euromanxdude
14th Oct 2005, 12:49
Not all of the RJ crews, otherwise they wudnt have been anyone to fly the 3w1001/ 1002 today.

320DRIVER
15th Oct 2005, 14:55
Saw a RJ70 in Eurmanx colours parked in Malta (LMML) today... has this been returned to the lessor?

couch pilot
15th Oct 2005, 16:20
no the RJ70 in malta is supposedly there for a chrater from madrid for the weekend

Raw Data
17th Oct 2005, 07:20
Ah well that's the end of that, then!

San Expiry
17th Oct 2005, 09:12
Well, come on Will, do TELL us more!

It looks as if you've just taken the trouble to register to break this news - or is it just another rumour?

user error
17th Oct 2005, 11:38
I live very close to LCY and saw Euromanx RJ preparing to take off on Saturday - don't know if that info ius of any use to any of you :\

atprider
17th Oct 2005, 13:46
VLM to start IOM to LCY & on to Brussels from 1st November...........

And who exactly is Will and what was he telling us ??

euroman
18th Oct 2005, 08:31
I posted here yesterday a 'RUMOUR' that another operator was looking at running some of the old 3W routes, and the post was removed, why? is the supposed operator getting protection from Prune because he has had so much flack with regards to lots of faults starts?

PPRuNe Towers
18th Oct 2005, 10:30
Wake up euroman.

Use the search facility. This forum. My username. That little entrepreneur.

I exposed the little plotters badmouthing other companies and puffing their 'operation.' Multiple usernames, same agenda, same computer. I have no desire to see them receive any publicity at all here because of the desperate 'enthusiasts' desire to believe any hype and spin offered up. Savvy?

Protecting them my arse! Is Fragglesque paranoia now terminal?

Regards
rob

PPRuNe Pop
18th Oct 2005, 20:20
euroman

I have PM'd you before about this. I told you that not one syllable will be allowed on PPRuNe about these so-called entrepreneurs, and that I have and will continue to delete anything written about them anywhere on PPRuNe as soon as it appears. Their websites are banned from here and so is ANY reference to them. As my friend PPRuNe Towers so eloquently puts it ------------- Savvy?

sidestickhumper
19th Oct 2005, 10:40
Chief Pilot and Chief Training have left the rock, new Chief Training is an RJ First Officer...:uhoh:

Raw Data
19th Oct 2005, 13:48
So what happened to this ex-BA jet FM then?

Can't believe an F/O as chief trainer is legal under JAR...

sidestickhumper
19th Oct 2005, 22:52
Hansol: Yes, you're right, he returned to finish his work and to hand it over, ask him. And, once again, Austria IS JAR (JAR OPS, not JAR FCL). Stop dreaming, wake up, mate...

Soddit
20th Oct 2005, 12:49
I'ver asked this before without an answer.What's your authority for stating that Austria IS JAR OPS? Do you mean that Austrocontrol as the national regulatory authority is accepted by the Joint Aviation Authorities as being in compliance with JAR - OPS 1? Where may this assertion be verified?

Yak97
20th Oct 2005, 13:35
If you go to the JAA Website & look under Operations, Operations Standardisation & OPST Mutual Recognition, you will see that Austria has NOT been visited by the OPST programme (which looks into those countries that have transitioned to JAR-OPS to ensure standards are maintained).

Additionally Austria does not appear in the Register of AOC Holders (JAR-OPS) in JAA Administrative & Guidance Material, Section 4.

However the requirements for an Operating Licence (OL) are conatined in EU regulation (EEC) 2407/92 which Austria should be applying to ensure to financial stability & ownership issues related to any operator.

So, as far as I can see, Austria is not JAR-OPS compliant at this time.

Soddit
20th Oct 2005, 13:52
Thank you YAK97.That is precisely my understanding of the position unless sidestickhumper is able to provide evidence to the contrary to support his assertion. It is perhaps anomalous that there are cases of States which are not yet EU members but which ARE JAR OPS 1 compliant ( Romania being one example).

sidestickhumper
20th Oct 2005, 22:46
I have to clarify, what I mean. In order to prepare for the transition to JAR (OPS and FCL) wich is planned for the beginning of next year (and was planned since a few years to be implemented any time and never happened tough), Austria has started about 2 years ago to fully apply and accept JAR-OPS Part 1 regulations. Correct, Austria is NOT an official JAR member yet, but would NOT accept any commercial operators who deviate from JAR OPS 1 standard anymore. A lot of smaller austrian operators are calculating with the so called "grandfather rights" in the trasition phase and will be surprised, that JAR is not granting such rights anymore. It will be a cold shower for them...

Soddit: sorry for not answering your question in the old thread, I just missed it...

Soddit
21st Oct 2005, 06:39
Thank you sidestickhumper.I can easily accept that the Austrian Airlines Groups' procedures comply completely with JAR - OPS 1.Their membership of the Star Alliance and the audits that go with it will see to that.My difficulty is that Austrocontrol themselves do absolutely nothing to make clear that they do not comply as a regulatory authority with JAR - OPS 1. I will leave JAR - FCL totally out of this as it deals with Flight Crew Licencsing rather than commercial air transport.Consider. If I want to know,for example,what a Netherlands - based AOC holder has to do for Low Visibility approval to be granted.RLD Netherlands as regulator publishes requirements ( in Dutch) that comply fully with JAR - OPS 1.So I need to only read JAR - OPS 1 Subpart E to check the requirements.NOT SO IN AUSTRIA! They are not JAR OPS 1 compliant so you can learn nothing by reading it.All you can do is buy the Austrian Regulations - available only in the German language ,as you would expect - and then try to interpret what they actually mean.For UK readers,this is a bit like trying to write an operations manual using only the ANO and ANGRs but without the guidance material in things like CAP 371.Almost impossible and inevitably subject to personal interpretation by individual AustroControl representatives.Where is this leading? For a start it answers Raw Data.There may well be nothing in the Austrian Regulations which debars an F/O being Head of Training ( or whatever title is applied).I don't know - I don't have a copy of the Austrian regulations.Does anyone know where I might obtain an authorised version? In the German language is fine,thank you,

runawayedge
21st Oct 2005, 09:31
Soddit...I think the alleged F/O is actually a captain....allbeit his transition from right to left allegedly only took place about 4 months ago

opsbunny
25th Oct 2005, 14:27
At the moment it is a very positive and friendly place to work.
Getting better every day.
:ok:

euromanxdude
25th Oct 2005, 16:46
defo agree with last comment...everyone seems bit more happier and content with their job!

happy landings!

lfc84
26th Oct 2005, 15:24
the are staff happy...just got to sort out the passengers now !

Ronaldsway Radar
27th Oct 2005, 12:33
The passengers will only be happy when they give us complimentary sausage rolls... :p

Hehe, I wish.

RR

whitingiom
27th Oct 2005, 12:45
I'm on the IoM Dublin flight next Tuesday...should I bring a packed lunch?

opsbunny
28th Oct 2005, 09:03
With 13 minute airborne times on the D328, you won't have time to eat it.

Conc
28th Oct 2005, 19:16
The management might not be perfect but the crews and Flight Support guys are excellent! All the best you guys

euromanxdude
29th Oct 2005, 09:13
thnx conc. its not the same without you guys!!!!!

Hansol
2nd Nov 2005, 07:03
I hear there may be more senior departures on the cards, anyone heard anything?

airhumberside
4th Dec 2005, 11:02
Any truth in this, from CH Aviation?

Euromanx (3W/Isle of Man) is considering adding a secondary base in Waterford next summer.

Jet2LBA
4th Dec 2005, 11:47
What can Waterford offer Euromanx that Galway couldn't? 3W have lost money hand over fist and ought to get their house in order and consolidate on their IOM base before looking at the expense of opening another base.

I actually thought 3W were starting to get their act together. Sensible routes this winter, fares brought down to compete head-to-head with BACX and RE, plus (hopefully) better reliability. I hope they aren't going to do anything rash to make life more difficult for themselves again.

San Expiry
4th Dec 2005, 15:22
Yep, I've seen a couple of news reports from the Republic that the Euros are 'in talks' with the Waterford airport people. Bordeaux, Faro, Malaga have been mentioned. The Galway fiasco nearly sent the company down the tubes and messed up a lot of people - it must have wasted milllions 'cos the homework clearly wasn't done. If they are going to have another go then it needs to be properly thought out and resourced and not a back-of-a-fag-packet planning exercise Galway was. The operation on the Rock is bedding down well tho' I've heard that crewing is still desperate. Let's face it, a start up airline in the middle of the Irish Sea can't be the most appealing job prospect with the market as it is at present. If the news reports are correct then a 7 day week operation is going to need a lot of bodies and I doubt anyone in Ireland who knows of the Galway failure would go anywhere near Euromanx for a job.:hmm:

EI-WAT
5th Dec 2005, 22:16
What can Waterford offer Euromanx that Galway couldn't?

A longer runway for one so it will allow euromanx to carry a larger load

MarkD
6th Dec 2005, 04:35
I suppose as long as they don't try and operate LRT/LTN RE won't mind... much. Just like they didn't mind in GWY...

With FR pushing hard on ORK-DUB RE might need a home for more ATRs soon, in places like WAT where MO'L can't come gunning for them!

hoss72
6th Dec 2005, 21:09
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can Waterford offer Euromanx that Galway couldn't?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes a longer, less restricted runway with less fuel burn when heading south to the sun and above all Wendy's toasted sambos served as only she can.
Hope it works out for them!

San Expiry
14th Dec 2005, 09:22
Either the Euros have lost their spirit of adventure and retreating to the rock or one burnt finger in Eire is enough to warn them off - but its no go Waterford this summer

http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/ireland/Full_Story/did-sgsERF0QvWBSQsgTbBP-2fa91M.asp

Hansol
14th Dec 2005, 11:54
Mr Fewer should have kept quiet till the deal was done !

runawayedge
14th Dec 2005, 12:09
Hansol....how right you are....you seem to have your finger on the pulse. From what I hear his inability to stay quite until the deal was done seems to have destroyed the deal, and not only for WFD but for GWY also!

Jamesair
19th Feb 2006, 16:05
Euromanx is reportedly giving up its Isle of Man - Dublin route end of February.

lfc84
19th Feb 2006, 21:20
annouced by the airline on feb 1

aeulad
19th Feb 2006, 21:33
I wish members would check previous post history before posting!:hmm:

Regards

Mike

Jamesair
19th Feb 2006, 22:14
I tried to check before posting but couldn't find the relevant thread on the back pages. So decided to risk it:)

lfc84
22nd Feb 2006, 22:08
from the end of march they will not operate the early afternoon flights:

LPL 13:00 IOM 13:35 3W0406

IOM 14:05 LPL 14:40 3W0407

LTNman
23rd Feb 2006, 05:24
VLM has also axed one of its Liverpool Airport to London City flights because of poor passenger numbers.

Hansol
23rd Feb 2006, 08:30
I wonder how AA will respond to the reduced capacity from EM?

Mouser
23rd Feb 2006, 08:54
LTNman,
Yes you are correct it's down 4 x w/days, but goes back to the usual 5 x w/days at the end of March.

lfc84
23rd Feb 2006, 08:57
I wonder how AA will respond to the reduced capacity from EM?
Looks like RE812 and RE 813 have been axed.

egnxema
23rd Feb 2006, 09:01
I hate to come across as a small minded fool that goes about correcting the errors of others. But..... on a site frequented by professionals should not we all be alert to using the correct abbreviations our industry has adopted?

Why would American Airlines (AA) be the slightest bit bothered by a reduction in services offered by Aero Benin (EM)??

If you are an airport/airline enthusiast, maybe a good part of your hobby would be to learn some offical IATA codes.

Man! I am SO small minded.......:E

LTNman
23rd Feb 2006, 14:13
LTNman,
Yes you are correct it's down 4 x w/days, but goes back to the usual 5 x w/days at the end of March.

Not the way it was reported it won't

"Airline VLM has axed one of its Liverpool Airport to London City flights because of poor passenger numbers. The carrier, which launched a five-times-a-day flights between Liverpool John Lennon airport and London City two years ago today, has cut the 13:00 flight from its schedule. That leaves the company with two morning and two evening flights.

VLM spokesman Tim Gresty said they are working with Liverpool airport chiefs to increase awareness of the daily link. He said today: 'All our routes are under review. Results recently have not been as good as we would have liked. This led to us cutting the middle of the day service which was not justified from a business point of view.'

Liverpool JLA corporate affairs manager Robin Tudor said the decision to axe the 13:00 flight should be taken in context: 'This is not unique to Liverpool. VLM did it at Manchester some time back as well. They found there is slack on the mid-day flight. There were people using it but not in the numbers VLM would like to see. The early morning and evening return flights are proving very popular.'"

dwlpl
23rd Feb 2006, 15:52
Mouser is right, its back up to 5*a day from 27th March.

Could it be that VLM have not deleted the middle of the day flight from its booking system yet?

DTYSAPCO
27th Feb 2006, 11:11
Does anyone have any current fleet info at Euromanx?

spanishflea
27th Feb 2006, 11:26
2 x Dornier 328 both scheduled for retirement
2 x Dash 8 (1 x 200, 1 x 300) with one or two more to come online to replace the Dorniers

Although on the rock last week only one 328 and only one Dash were about, a host of Atlantic and Emerald aircraft were subbed in to cover for them. Not sure if thats still ongoing.