PDA

View Full Version : Euromanx

Pages : 1 [2]

atprider
27th Feb 2006, 13:14
First Dornier's gone already, second goes tomorrow.

Fleet = 1x DHC8 300 1xDHC8 200 (on maint)

Currently subbing 2x Atlantic ATR42 & 2 Emerald ATP

Just like the old days..............

DTYSAPCO
20th Mar 2006, 20:28
Just wondered if anyone had up to date info on Euromanx?

:hmm:

skiddyiom
23rd Mar 2006, 09:59
No firm news, but they are still flying out of here and my son still has a job. There are still rumours of another Dash at the end of this month. Loads seem ok and they look fairly stable. And the several times I've flown with them this year I have been impressed at the service and the timekeeping.

skiddy

Hansol
10th May 2006, 07:37
With the withdrawal of Emerald's licence and the drafting in of an ATR 72 by Euromanx the airlines future direction seem's to becoming more and more confused. The company recently withdrew from Dublin leaving the way open to Aer Arann whilst Aer Arann came off MAN reducing Euromanx's competition there. I understand Euromanx's CEO was in DUB on Monday for talks, so my question is this, is it inevitable for Euromanx to be absorbed by Aer Arann as the collaboration seems to be getting closer and closer "allegedly"

fredtheanorak
17th Aug 2006, 17:36
Rumour around BHD today is that Euromanx are about to chop the service to IOM. :{ Three days a week its' been cut to 1 a day already and seems like same will happen to other days or go altogether. Fares are through the floor :oh: and you can fly any day in Aug for £45, any day thereafter for £40. About half where the fares used to bee. Check the :mad: website:yuk: .

Anyone know where they'll redeploy the aircraft too (:confused: Apart from sending it back to Austria to get the snags fixed!:bored: )??? . Will they shove it on LPL now they have seen off AerArran and give AA their plane back:ok:

Island Jockey
18th Aug 2006, 09:14
Web site shows IOM-BHD will continue to operate as is twice a day Mon & Fri and once a day Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun. The Dash 8s are pretty good for reliability and new BHD fares probably to compete with the new boys going to BFS.The LPL Aircraft is a 68 seat so a 50 /37 seat Dash would not be a good replacement.

GMIMA
12th Oct 2006, 10:16
People would pay good money for that ride at Alton Towers!!!!!! I better book that Euromanx Flight, in conjuction with Alton Towers:}

Joking aside, that does raise cause for concern - at least the aircraft went round and made a safe landing on the 2nd attempt.

Nobody is perfect and nobody has the perfect flight either or roller coaster ride!:cool:

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
12th Oct 2006, 14:42
Makes you think! as I live on a 4.5 Mile final for 24R

Remember the Mahan Air last year at Manchester and thinking that doesn`t look right promptly to see him go around

G-I-B

Capt. Horrendous
12th Oct 2006, 23:42
Frag me ole mucker, on the types I've flown, the alt alert sounds when you (a) deviate +/- 270 feet from the altitude set in the ASEL 'window' - and (b)when you have 1000ft to go to the level set in the ASEL window either climbing or decending. (a) is a warning that you are not maintaining your assigned level, and (b) is a standard 1000 to go reminder. Sounds like in this instance, the clearance to decend was actioned without dialing in the new cleared level of 2000 ft .

In this case, if -1500fpm vs was selected, without the new cleared level being 'dialed in' - the aircraft would decend, generate a chime at 2700 ft and that would be it until the GPWS started shouting.

Normal procedures are to set the ASEL first, then select the decent mode, either VS, Speed or Pitch.

Catch you next week.

fragul
13th Oct 2006, 07:42
Cheers Horry, so I guess that the only failsafe against descent in V/S mode without entering a level in the ALT SEL is good CRM / conforming with SOP's

Ronaldsway Radar
16th Oct 2006, 00:12
Heh, are we missing a post here somewhere?

Rumour has it (from a source at MAN) EMX are having a wee bit of trouble with their landings/approaches...? :}

RR

euroman
16th Oct 2006, 09:01
Had my post removed that only linked you to the BBC and AAIB report which was published last week, what is the problem with posting this information as it is from the AAIB and is in the public domain and is free for anyone to read and is not made up gossip.

What happened to free speech.

daz211
16th Oct 2006, 09:13
I know how you feel had the same done to me twice and got 10 point for link to an airline that has'nt even got started yet and it was'nt a .com website only a .biz one its all going a bit mad lately:ugh:

True Blue
16th Oct 2006, 09:19
Was just checking prices for Bhd - Iom, they are showing a fuel surcharge of £30 for the trip. I can't believe it!! I have paid not much more than that for a surcharge on a trip from Belfast to Turkey.

True Blue

daz211
16th Oct 2006, 09:23
I have paid much less than that for a rtn flight to ROME after tax and charges,:=

Hawk
16th Oct 2006, 09:56
The Forum is happy with general discussion and argument. We are not happy with the "one liners" as discussed in the ROE's..waste of bandwidth. This is a bulletin board not a chat room. You want to chit chat..take it to PPRuNe Private Messages.
Thank you.

euroman
16th Oct 2006, 10:30
Please tell me what Quote: 'You want to chit chat..take it to PPRuNe Private Messages' has got to do with posting a report by the AAIB about an incidence and how it happened, which even got national press coverage, if you had looked at the resulting posts there were points brought up about how this aircraft automation operates and some of its quirks.

fragul
16th Oct 2006, 11:49
In fairness, I note that 3 posts have moved to a thread entitled "dornier dangerously low at egcc" on R&N.

I don't think however Euroman started that thread, so I am a little suspicious as to why those posts moved there. There was also a post from Capt Horrendous which has disappeared altogether. I do not recall either mine or his posts being chit chat, but very specific to the issue and highly informative.

Hawk, I know from experience moderating is a difficult job, but as euroman says, its a free country, and if you are that tight on bandwidth to require you to censure sensible and relevant discussion I can only pity you.

GMIMA
16th Oct 2006, 21:18
a few postings have disapeared on here lately...............BNWA and a couple others.

perhaps PPRUNE is administered from the People's Republic of China!!!!:yuk:

oh well sod it

Evileyes
17th Oct 2006, 01:13
1) Euroman, your post regarding an AAIB report was removed from this thread by the administrators and moved to Rumours and News. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248048

I refer you to the search function mentioned in the series of posts numbered 207, 208 and 209 of this thread. Granted, you should have been informed of the move in this case.

2) daz211, read the rules again. If the link goes to a site that sells tickets it is advertising. We don't care what the address extension is.

3) fragul, you are correct. That situation is now corrected.

4) The BNWA threads were removed by the administrators. Why they did so is their business. The lesson to take from this is not to start another on that topic.

Something that needs to be made clear is that there is no "Freedom of Speech" on this (or any) website unless you own it. It is not a democracy and you post here at the pleasure and discretion of the site owner. Why? Primarily because they take the legal responsibilities for what is posted here. Secondarily because they pay the bills.

As concerns advertising posts, this website is free to you but not to the owners. They sell advertising to cover costs. Advertisers don’t like it when they have to pay for links to their websites when their competitors get it for free.

Shall we get back to discussing Euromanx now?

Cheers,
The Mods

part69
17th Oct 2006, 08:37
Ronaldsway Radar

Would you like to elaborate on your post?

Rumour has it (from a source at MAN) EMX are having a wee bit of trouble with their landings/approaches...?

What troubles are they having?

Im sure all the pilots at EM would love to hear your facts behind this ridiculous post!

lfc84
17th Oct 2006, 09:21
Ronaldsway Radar
Would you like to elaborate on your post?
What troubles are they having?
Im sure all the pilots at EM would love to hear your facts behind this ridiculous post!
one suggests you read this

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248048

fragul
17th Oct 2006, 11:39
Evileyes,

Thanks for the clarification - points taken. There still seems to be a post replying to mine missing. Posted by Capt Horredous -any ideas?

euroman
17th Oct 2006, 13:55
Evileyes, points taken and I stand corrected, just found my post now in its third home, just didn't expect it to be moved and the replies it generated to be separated from it.

Thanks

fredtheanorak
17th Oct 2006, 18:11
1) Euroman, your post regarding an AAIB report was removed from this thread by the administrators and moved to Rumours and News. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248048

I refer you to the search function mentioned in the series of posts numbered 207, 208 and 209 of this thread. Granted, you should have been informed of the move in this case.

2) daz211, read the rules again. If the link goes to a site that sells tickets it is advertising. We don't care what the address extension is.

3) fragul, you are correct. That situation is now corrected.

4) The BNWA threads were removed by the administrators. Why they did so is their business. The lesson to take from this is not to start another on that topic.

Something that needs to be made clear is that there is no "Freedom of Speech" on this (or any) website unless you own it. It is not a democracy and you post here at the pleasure and discretion of the site owner. Why? Primarily because they take the legal responsibilities for what is posted here. Secondarily because they pay the bills.

As concerns advertising posts, this website is free to you but not to the owners. They sell advertising to cover costs. Advertisers don’t like it when they have to pay for links to their websites when their competitors get it for free.

Shall we get back to discussing Euromanx now?

Cheers,
The Mods

Mods, Does this mean any airline can now apply to have any reference to it removed?:confused:

euroman
17th Oct 2006, 19:07
Jethros web site has updated today the Euromanx aircraft list by removing the ATR off it, what are they using for the LPL service at the moment and will the ATR be replaced?

Not causing trouble just wondering.

http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/euromanx.htm

jethro15
17th Oct 2006, 20:28
It appears that the removal of the ATR from the listings was a bit premature, and the entry has been reinstated

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

fragul
18th Oct 2006, 04:26
And for the last few days only one Dash 8 operating too, requiring the lease again an Atlantique ATR42.:{
With only one Red tail flying and an assortment of other aircraft leased in it's almost reminiscent of the days following the departure of Rossair, only now there are only 4 routes to support

fredtheanorak
18th Oct 2006, 17:29
It appears that the removal of the ATR from the listings was a bit premature, and the entry has been reinstated

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

I'm told by my man on the rock that Euromanx's handling agents took out one of the ATR with their :mad: baggage truck :uhoh: and a second aircraft is in bits in BA's hanger:{ while Euromanx, the lessor and the engine owner argue :ouch: over who's going to pay to fix the bust engine. Apparently they've even had to lease in a 737 followed by a Do328JET to keep things moving:{ . I might even hop over ths weekend and have a look. Sounds a bit like a circus at the moment:8

Eh Hello?
18th Oct 2006, 19:43
Saw the euromanx ATR72 operating today in Liverpool - where did the rumour that it had gone come from?

euromanxdude
18th Oct 2006, 19:45
for your infomation the 737 that was leased in..was for last friday to help with the backlog of delays dude to wx in the uk as most of the morning flights to LPL were busy.
:cool:

Hansol
19th Oct 2006, 03:21
I can imagine the scene, "boss its foggy and all the flights are full what shall we do?" "Emmmmm lets lease in a 737 that will ease the backlog"

Somehow I don't think so.

skiddyiom
19th Oct 2006, 10:08
The engine change on the -200 in the BA Connect hanger is progressing, with no obvious delays.

Common sense tells me that they leased the Flyglobespan 737 to do what most other airlines do with delays and U/S aircraft - clear the backlog and get people to their destinations as quick as possible. It also tells me that the Cirrus 328JET was leased to cover the shortfall with the -200 being in dock. Probably the first available airframe.

Nothing suspicious or particularly suspect there I would have thought - unless some people are wishing and hoping for the worst! :hmm:

skiddy

Island Jockey
19th Oct 2006, 11:45
Fred...better have a word with you man on the rock as his time line may be out.

Can confirm that the -200 is having an engine change following an internal defect and a spare EuroManx Engine is being fitted - no drama. (This week).
Replacement aircraft this mid week were scarce due to the Euro football charters. So a mix of regular back up Air Atantique and Cirrus.

- I was on one of the LPL 737 flights and was told that it had been brought in to clear the back log of passengers building up due to the low vis at LPL. (Last week)

- ATR damaged by ground handling vehicle - replacement aircraft brought in. (Two weeks ago).

EM Ops seem to be doing a great job........:D

euromanxdude
19th Oct 2006, 12:46
totally agree with islandjockey - emx ops are doing a brilliant job.

hansol- i too found myself apax on the flyglobespan 737....and all flights to lpl that morning were showing as busy.....whatwould you do? Delay and inconvenience more pax for the rest of the day or get many away to their destination on a bigger aircraft.....mmmnnnn so I THINK SO...

the unexpected ride on that GSM737 wasa right treat!:cool:

Hansol
19th Oct 2006, 17:31
Agree nice suprise having a -200 to LPL what I was trying to say was I don't think the -200 was the aircraft of choice, rather it was all that was available and will have cost the company an arm and a leg.

Anotherflapoperator
28th Oct 2006, 08:42
So where's the -300 gone too then. I didn't see it about last week?

Continued: http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85