PDA

View Full Version : Retirement flight LHR

AFA
6th Jul 2005, 23:38
Hi Guys,

This for any Heathrow ATCOS. It`s my old man`s last flight later on this week after 34 years with BA and 5 years with SIA, all at LHR. I know this is an everyday occurance and you guys are busy but if there is any chance someone on director, tower or ground that day could just say goodbye and best wishes i (and he) would really appreciate it. He`s getting quite melancholy! If anyone could pm me with someone to contact or who can help that would be great. 39 years, if i manage another 10 i`ll be lucky!
Best Regards

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
7th Jul 2005, 11:12
Airlines frequently ring ATC with details of retirements... My ex-collegues would be delighted to wish him well but they need more info. Suggest a phone call to ATC.

Tell him best wishes from me - must have spoken to him a million times.

GT3
7th Jul 2005, 16:41
If you wish to PM me the details I will leave a note in the log.

AFA
7th Jul 2005, 18:28
Heathrow Director & GT3,

Thank you both for your replies.
GT3, i`ve sent you a pm and anything you can do would be great.
HD, some of your ex-collegues have been kind enough to provide me with a few contact numbers which i`ll definitely try when i get back to the UK. I`ll pass on your regards, you`ve probably spoken to him more times than i have!

Best regards

AFA

Muppet99
7th Jul 2005, 19:11
AFA - check your PM's

Heathrowinnit
12th Jul 2005, 09:44
Messages passed on to the subject flight, hope he enjoys a long and healthy retirement!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Jul 2005, 10:45
Glad the messages got through... I know just what it's like to get good wishes on the R/T when you retire - magic!

AFA
13th Jul 2005, 01:00
The messages certainly did get through and he was both suprised and very touched. My thanks to all involved, it was very kind of you to make the effort and much appreciated.

Regards

AFA