View Full Version : austrian licence

lanka340
6th Jul 2005, 15:40
I have a question about a pilots licence. If someone has an endorsement in his Austrian licence which says " Rieht Seat" not sure about the spelling but guess its in German does this mean that this pilot is a Captain or First officer. Subsequent endorsement on the A-330 does not specify any seat just the type and date of the check.

brakedwell
6th Jul 2005, 15:54
lanka 340, reiht could be a phonetic misspelling of the English word right. Recht is the German for right.

Firebird_Austria
9th Jul 2005, 17:33
Maybe you mean a "right seat permit" which is owned by some instructor pilots in austia to fly on the right seat instead the left one they usually take as captains! (for training flights of future captains,...)
;)

Alpine Flyer
10th Jul 2005, 22:04
right=rechts

People with our equivalent of a "frozen" ATPL get type endorsements "als Kopilot" (as copilot only) but I haven't heard of "right seat (only?)" endorsements.

I would consider it rather uncommon for a Captain to have a right seat endorsement in his license, as the typerating is usually good for left and right seats and it is a matter of FOM/OM-A rules whether any specific training is required to switch seats.

As our licensing authority is rather small and quite flexible, anything is possible, however ;)

Do you have the original German text of the endorsement?

targaman
26th Jul 2005, 06:11
Rieht........right..........maybe rotary captains seat?