PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Emergency

MadsDad
6th Jul 2005, 13:51
A Glasgow flight from Bristol had to return to Bristol after a fire alarm in the luggage compartment. No one hurt, everybody sent on their way, albiet delayed.

News report here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4654989.stm)

Gouabafla
6th Jul 2005, 15:45
Someone will probably post to say that no one was hurt so this isn't a real story. From my point of view, it is a great story. I like to hear about alarms going off and then everyone getting off the aircraft safely - even if there wasn't really a fire. It's much better than hearing about people and machines burning!

The safety record of the aviation industry never ceases to amaze me.

Earthmover
6th Jul 2005, 15:47
It is good isn't it? - you know, we've never left anyone up there yet ;)

Capt.Paul Skinback
6th Jul 2005, 17:50
Sounded like it was very well handled.
Those 17 pax must be paying through the nose to justify the service. The EZY401 which left just afterwards for GLA had 120 pax.

Fernando_Covas
6th Jul 2005, 19:17
The aircraft was G-EMBG and was just arriving on stand as I was waiting for crew transport. It also looked like the fire service had problems keeping the hold door open. All over within a few minutes though and looked to be handled professionally.

fox_trot_oscar
6th Jul 2005, 19:21
Capt. Paul,

I suspect it's BA who are paying through the nose to operate the service in the first place ;-)

FO

Capt.Paul Skinback
7th Jul 2005, 21:08
Probably right FO. If BA weren't paying so much to the airport then eJ would probably be competing on the the CDG.

nivsy
10th Jul 2005, 13:09
I have been on this service lots of times and the Embraer does actually fill up to capacity - uncomfortable when it does! And its about 5 daily flights - even BA Marketing ppl cannot be wrong all the time - surely?

Dash-7 lover
11th Jul 2005, 06:53
The Emb-145 only needs approx 22 pax to break even depending on what fare levels are set...

TwinAisle
11th Jul 2005, 06:57
Dash-7 Lover

Eh???

Stating that "The Emb-145 only needs approx 22 pax to break even depending on what fare levels are set..." is, I am afraid to say, gibberish.

How many pax are needed to make it "break even" (and we could spent ages deciding how that is calculated) depends on how much it costs to run, how many seats are sold, which route it operates, whether the crew will be overnighting etc etc etc etc etc....

You could equally argue that it needs just one pax to break even if the fare level is correct, or indeed that it will NEVER break even depending on the fare levels....

Spitoon
11th Jul 2005, 21:37
Ditto TwinAisle.

And anyway, it only had 17 pax on it!