PDA

View Full Version : Vampire

IMC1
2nd Jul 2005, 21:24
Does anybody know if you can still pay/contribute to a flight in a Vampire or something as wizzy?

Tkx

IMC

TheOddOne
2nd Jul 2005, 21:56
Depends if you think a Jet provost is 'wizzy'; I certainly did. Excellent way of spending 20 mins. I think that the JP 4 at Sandtoft is still offering rides...

The Odd One

kemblejet01
3rd Jul 2005, 18:36
Try Deltajets at Kemble.

Really good looking bloke is Chief Pilot there!

KMB01

AerBabe
3rd Jul 2005, 18:43
Dunno why, but I get the sneaking suspicion you may be slightly biased. :suspect:

eggplantwalking
4th Jul 2005, 12:02
IMC
You might give the Hunter Flying Club a call. They are based at Exeter and a "First Class" operation. Tel. # +441392445649.
Have fun!

Grob Driver
4th Jul 2005, 17:06
Anyone willing to get that JP from Sandtoft is a braver man than I!!! :yuk: I think I’d be contacting someone like Deltajets… “Other aircraft operators are available”!

Just out of interest what does 30mins or an hour in some of there more ‘exotic’ aircraft cost (JP, Gnat, Hunter etc)?… Kemblejet… Can you shed any light on this for us?
:ok:

18greens
4th Jul 2005, 19:58
Grob Driver, as they say , if you have to ask you can't afford it.

From my looking around (and experience) the costs for pouring a tank of fuel down the Jet pipe appear to be

JP £350
Hunter £2000
Lightning $9000

And all of them seem to run out of fuel after about 40 minutes of spirited fun.

For my money the gentlemans choice would be an hour in the Hunter (low level through the Valleys) then blow the rest of your cash in the Extra 300 /Sukhoi 29. Best value for money.

146fixer
5th Jul 2005, 09:27
If any body knows where you can get a flight in a Vampire I would love to know.I have looked on the internet but only found JP's and Hunters and the like.Great aircraft.But there has only been two aircraft that I really wanted to fly.I have flown one of them,the BAe146-300 but not the other.The Vampire was the first aircraft I worked on as an apprentice.Had 3 of them at college.Any help would be great.

Sleeve Wing
6th Jul 2005, 14:46
Been watching this thread with interest.
Surprised that no-one has come up with Source Aviation - North Side at Bournemouth International.
Surely they still have some 'S' Vamps. and Venoms ?

Good luck; I enjoyed my time on them.

Sleeve

Just had a thought - Air Atlantique at Coventry have one or two as well.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
6th Jul 2005, 16:47
look at this web site

www.vampirepreservation.com

they say they have the only flying vampire in the EU, but that it has now been grounded due to the increased insurance charges mandated by the various Directives imposed upon us by the Brussels Bureaucrats