PDA

View Full Version : Telex Headset in Airbus

ECAM Status
2nd Jul 2005, 14:24
I have just recently bought a Telex Airman 750 Headset and I am using it on an A320. To be able to use it I also bought an Airbus adaptor as it came with the standard twin plug adaptor. I seem to be having a problem in that when I transmit, the ATC doesn't hear me very well. I sent it for repair but they said its ok. I was wondering whether other Airbus pilots have experienced this kind of problem with this headset and if it has to do with compatibility with Airbus aircraft. I was also thinking that the adaptor I bought could be the problem and I am considering of giving it to our avionics department so that they cut the twin plug and install directly an Airbus adaptor. Can anybody help with any info?

Thanks

springbok449
2nd Jul 2005, 18:17
Hi,
I and several colleagues use a telex 750 on the Bus with the adaptor and it seems to work without any probs could well be that the adaptor is the problem.

Hope this helps.

Lucky Strike
3rd Jul 2005, 00:35
Best bet mate:

Next time you go to the simulator swap your (possibly) duff adapter for the one in the SIM and see how you go on.

GlueBall
4th Jul 2005, 14:33
Noted similar problems in certain former ex BA 747-236s where the Telex 750 didn't work, but the Sennheiser did.