PDA

View Full Version : Still Smiling!!!!!

nick14
2nd Jul 2005, 11:26
WOW,
Had a trial flight yesterday at leicestershire aero club and absolutely loved it!!!!!:ok:

Went with the CFI in a 152 aerobat. He let me take off (well apply full power and rotate) and put the flaps up :cool:

We flew over my house then did some aerobatics!!!!
I never knew how cool flick rolls were!!!

Shame he didn't let me land coz i could have shown him how good i am!!!:D

Trouble is now i have been bitten by the flying bug good and hard:ouch:

So out comes the wallet and off i go!!!!

Starting the PPL course next weekish hopefully today!!!

Thanks for your time guys !!

Nick:ok:

Pitts2112
3rd Jul 2005, 17:56
Well done, Nick, and congratulations! LAC is a great place to learn. Don't forget to spend some time in the clubhouse when you're not flying. Much of the attraction of LAC is the club and the people more than the flying. Making flying a social thing makes it much more fun. If it weren't for the people at LAC, I may well have given up on flying for lack of enthusiasm. They provide it spades.

See if you can link up with Dubtrub and offer to buy him a drink.
Next time I'm going to be up that way, I'll drop you a line and we can meet up. I'm still a member there but me and the Magnolia Pitts are living down at Popham now so I don't get there as often as I'd like.
Pitts2112

nick14
3rd Jul 2005, 21:34
Thanks for your reply,
Yeah the club house is very nice and the staff (especialy pooja who i have a soft spot 4 :O ) are extremely nice!!

Hello Dubtrub if ure out there drop me a line!!!

Il keep you posted on my ppl if you like and let you know how it all goes!!

:cool:

Nick

Grob Driver
4th Jul 2005, 17:13
Well done Nick… I’m pleased you enjoyed it. Enjoy those first few flights because with an attitude like that, I don’t think you’ll be having too many…. “Shame he didn't let me land coz I could have shown him how good I am”. Remember… There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots!

Oh and if you were just fishing for a bite, then sorry I was so stupid as to take the bait!
:ok:

nick14
4th Jul 2005, 23:16
yeah i was!!!

Only joking!I realise how skilled it is to fly light aircraft accurately!

That one of the attractions, learning to safely and accurately operate a light aircraft!!! The real challenge!!!

:cool:
Nick