PDA

View Full Version : LA Airport

DC10RealMan
30th Jun 2005, 17:48
I was at LAX last weekend as a passenger and had to wait for quite some time whilst the TSA x-rayed my hold baggage after checking in at the BA desk. I have no problem with that except that it was early on a Sunday evening with hundreds maybe thousands of passengers, but only two x- ray machines were operational. In the queue were a number of European airline crews also having to join the line together with the pasengers. It appeared to be just European crews, do US based airline crews have to go through the same "stuff"

RRAAMJET
30th Jun 2005, 21:44
Yes...under just as much, if not more, scrutiny and treated with absolute disdain by the TSA. The fact is, the domestic security situation in the US is still reeling and in dissarray from 9/11. Enjoy, as they say....
:rolleyes:

nwaflygirl
1st Jul 2005, 01:08
Yes, same, if not worse at our (NWA) terminal. There could be hundreds of people in line, and 2 security lanes open. This does seem to be unique to LAX, thank goodness I don't pass through there often!

TFlyguy
1st Jul 2005, 15:31
Have just operated in from Orlando - whole crew had to remove shoes and belts whilst the passengers seemed to sail through security.............

Now who's more likely to be a threat - crew or passengers????

Ridiculous!

Hotel Mode
1st Jul 2005, 15:44
I heard a TSA guy say to my captain "well we just dont want you to have anything with which to take control of the aircraft"

apaddyinuk
3rd Jul 2005, 01:50
TFlyguy,
As a regular visitor to MCO with BA and indeed most of the US airport, crew seem to be considered more of a threat than the passengers. I know of one security officer in Orlando who regularly says hello but the rest seem to hold us with such contempt.
In TPA a few weeks ago I was very rudely accused of hiding something up my sleeve when passing through the detector just because I had my arms folded, its very hard for us to maintain a professional image in front of passengers when these power trippy idiots with the education of a muppet (actually, the muppets are probably better educated) take out there agression of their jobs on crew because they know if they do it to a passenger they will probably wind up in court!!!

1-2-3 BREATH!!!!

Must admit though, I have just arrived home from PHL and it must be said, what a friendly bunch of airport staff, right down to the cleaners and the immigration folk, a very pleasurable airport to work out of!