PDA

View Full Version : Manston Tower

cb9002
30th Jun 2005, 11:52
Arrrgh. I'm trying to get through to Manston tower by landline, but the AIP numbers go to switchboard, who refuse to put me through to the tower and keep directing me to EUJet ops.

Is there anyone out there who could PM me the tower number? This is only tower I've found with this strange policy.

Dave Gittins
30th Jun 2005, 12:13
Try ringing Transair and ask them to look it up in Pooleys or Jeppeson. They may well have the same number as you have from the AIP though.

Failing that call another ATSO and ask if they have a different number .... who is your home field ???

DGG

Dizzee Rascal
30th Jun 2005, 19:13
It's probably because Manston ATS delegate all their non urgent telephone calls etc to EUJet ops (it used to be TG Aviation).

If it's regarding something that EUJet (on behalf of Manston ATS) can't sort out, ask the switchboard to put you through to the Manager of Air Traffic Services.

nipplesucker
8th Jul 2005, 23:01
If you did manage to get in touch with Manston Tower they would have kept you on the phone for an hour asking really important Questions like
Confirm released by London?
Check Gear Down?
Distance and Bearing to the MTN?
Have you got the latest weather?
Check QNH 1017 ?
Check QNH 1017 ?
Check QNH 1017 ?
Check QNH 1017 ?
Check QNH 1017 ?
Vulcher Roger
Check QNH 1017 ?
Check QNH 1017 ?
HEE HEE !
:{

Dizzee Rascal
9th Jul 2005, 10:00
Apart from all the QNH checks and the gear down bit, it sounds like a fairly typical IFR procedural arrival?

:)

foghorn
10th Jul 2005, 16:12
Woe betide you if you haven't copied the new ATIS :D

Flobadob
11th Jul 2005, 10:42
Never had that problem when the RAF ran the shop!

And you could get a 'Dover Tour' as well.:cool: