PDA

View Full Version : The French need a noise certificate?

Rod1
28th Jun 2005, 07:58
I am borrowing a friends 172 for my annual week touring France. His maintenance organisation has told him it will need a noise certificate to fly to france, and that it takes two weeks to get one. I have two weeks and two days before I go.

I have never come across this requirement before, can anybody tell me if it is required?

Thanks in advance,
Rod1

2Donkeys
28th Jun 2005, 08:22
No such certificate required. I suspect that mate's engineers are getting France confused with Germany, where the lack of a noise certificate will often cause a steep rise in your landing fees.

2D

Rod1
28th Jun 2005, 10:02
Thanks 2D – I thought it was wrong, but the regs change so often at the moment I thought I might have missed something!

Rod1

Kolibear
28th Jun 2005, 11:40
So whats the procedure for a G-reg aircraft, resident in the UK, to get a noise certificate suitable for use in Europe?

Does each aircraft have to be measured or does the manufacturer issue a 'Certificate of Quietness'

Rod1
28th Jun 2005, 11:58
Based on the info provided, which may not be correct…

The CAA has a list of approved aircraft types. Your maintenance org states the aircraft is in accordance with the specification, you send the CAA £35 and about two weeks later you get a bit of paper.

Rod1

IO540
28th Jun 2005, 15:23
Switzerland also likes to see noise certs.

helicopter-redeye
28th Jun 2005, 21:59
The French need a noise certificate?

Agreed, my boss if French ....;)