PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Three hole lover....and left wing.

McDoo the Irish Navigator
26th Jun 2005, 20:23
I love the name;

Welcome to PPRUNE...it does seem that you cought us on a bad day....however enjoy the board, this thing polices itself for months at a time....we are all ostensibly Canadians and gentlemen ( and ladies) at that.
We have been a lot busier here since AEFORUM began charging a membership fee.
Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed aeforum almost from its inception up to the point where I would have had to pay to continue. It was a personal decision not to join...no moral objections to $$ or irreconcillable differences at all.
I just lost interest, most of the subject matter was internal stuff from a company that I did not work for.

Censorship is not the order of the day at all...if I thought it was or that I was somehow party to it I would be very upset indeed.
I'm the guy with the copy of the "Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms" in my flight bag.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/

What invariably happens though, when someone endorses one flying school, headset, peeler bar over another is that I get complaints. My PM mailbox fills up, or my phone rings (I'm not that hard to find) with complaints from the competition of those who just got a free ringing endorsement.
So I am duty bound to apply the PPRUNE rules. Should I do so more consistently?...probably. Perhaps this is a good time to solicit help from vigilant members.
BREAK

Mr. Left wing;

You asked if I had seen the thread about Active Aerospace.
I most certainly had, and I can only say ...you should have seen it before. !
Many people forget that even though these forums are anonymous, it doesn't mean they can't be tracked down and held accountable for what they say, or in this case write. Written untruths are libel.

Aloyoius H. McDoo

3holelover
27th Jun 2005, 16:00
Thanks for the welcome Mr. Aloyoius H. McDoo... :O As I said... I'm just feeling the waters....

There's a sense of home on the AEForum that comes partly from being hosted on Canadian soil, and partly from familiarity... Thankfully, most didn't leave after the change, and management of the 'troll factor' became almost a non-issue... (which I believe was the primary motivation) We've since seen others who did leave re-join, as well as other new arrivals...

Anyway, I'm well aware that a snapshot on any given day isn't likely to be an accurate reflection of what a forum is like, so no worries mate, I'll watch for a while... :ok:

Cheers,

Left Wing
27th Jun 2005, 18:15
All I am looking for options and views of what the rest of Canada or the world may have about certain things.

:ok: