PDA

View Full Version : Thames Radar

Timothy
25th Jun 2005, 21:43
There are a number of ATC units in the SE which are particularly good and helpful to GA traffic, we are very lucky in that respect. I would include Luton and Farnborough in the highly commended bracket and acknowledge that Gatwick really tries their best, given their traffic loads.

But I have to say, once again, in public, that Thames/SVFR stands head and shoulders up there in their willingness and ability to give all airspace users what they want and what they need when they want it. I have the impression of a bunch of people who really, really hate to say "no" and are always willing to find a way to accommodate everyone.

I don't know whether public acknowledgements like this help with the motivation...or even get seen by the controllers (I hope that someone will point them towards it)...but I would hate to think that they think that their efforts are unrecognised or unappreciated.

I know that some ATCOs are suffering morale problems at the moment, we are always hearing that people can't wait for retirement, but nonetheless these guys (and they all seem to be guys at the moment) continue to bend over backwards to provide the very best of service in a cheery and professional way.

Thank you.

AlanM
26th Jun 2005, 05:02
As Basil Fawlty once said:

"A satisfied customer....we should have him stuffed!"

Nice to get comments of course - at least 8 out of the 19 Thames boys AND 1 girl (Boy are you in trouble mate - she does Luton as well now!) do glance through here.

I now feel so motivated I will go to work now. :cool:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Jun 2005, 08:49
A very special bunch of people, whom I dearly miss working with. Some are allegedly human beings but all are nuts - they have to be to do that job!

PA7
26th Jun 2005, 09:21
The biggest secret in NATS Thames Radar:E Well it was:{

Hippy
26th Jun 2005, 12:03
I wonder if the OP is aware that all the 'units' he mentions (except Farnborough) are located in the same room? Always good to get customer praise. :)

Timothy
26th Jun 2005, 15:33
If I am the OP (whatever that is), I am aware that since the flood, the poor chaps have had their interesting, cosy and unique location replaced by a stall in the open plan office, yes.

And I am aware that LHR, Luton, Gatwick, Essex etc are all in TC.

But it doesn't seem that one can expect the same standard of service from each unit just because it is in the same room.

SinjunThames
27th Jun 2005, 16:52
We do aim to please, and it is nice to be acknowledged once in a while.:ok:

Much abliged..........and well said AlanM

A Nonny Mouse
1st Jul 2005, 09:22
And of course you forgot to mention what fine gaps they manage to give us at City:p

Well done Thames;)