PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737-200 Type Rating

prelude
22nd Jun 2005, 14:48
Hey Guys,

I have a Canadian commercial with a Group 1 instrument rating and would like to get a 737-200 type rating. I would like to do the training in the United States but I called Transport Canada and they said that a Canadian examiner must do the checkride so that the rating can be added to my Canadian licence. I can't get a US ATP because I am only 21yrs old and in the US you must be 23yrs old. I was wonder if there was a way I could get the rating endorsed on the Canadian licence without bring an examiner from Canada.

Thanks

crack up
22nd Jun 2005, 15:46
You can get FAA pvt or cpl type ratings. The type will follow your certificate as you advance.
You probably don't have sufficiant flt time to do the types in a sim though. You will have to rent a 73.
Good luck

Mr. Green
22nd Jun 2005, 23:59
I think there is also a problem with getting the FAA type rating without an FAA ATP where there may be PIC limitations imposed.

Not sure if it's a FAA or DOJ requirement but a lot of foreign students must have a 2-crew type rating over 12,500Lbs.

Plus dont forget to ask Transport whether the school you are planning to train in is an approved school from their list.

I know of friends who have done training in Flightsafety, Alteon that has gotten the type endorsed on their Canadian license from a FAA checkride...however they have been flying a 2 crew aircraft and have ATPs.

So I suggest do all the homework you can before committing yourself.

crack up
23rd Jun 2005, 13:48
Probably right for a non-U.S.citizen.

There is nothing though in the FARs that says you can't get an initial ppl in a 747. So far fetched though that it has probably never happened.
It has though in many other types that require a type rating.