PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Kemble Air Day Drivers

Flying_Anorak
21st Jun 2005, 23:09
Congratulations to all involved on a thoroughly excellent and enjoyable day last Sunday - for once I didn't regret not going gliding instead that day at all.

Pursuing my other past-time, I shot several GB of high quality digital images from the 26 end of the display line, if any 'drivers' want photos of their displays, please PM me and I'll see what I have for you.

Thanks again for a good display, nice to see a Kiwi C130E and a proper Typhoon display.

I'll hang my anorak up now until Waddie!

Conan the Librarian
22nd Jun 2005, 11:51
And the same from me - a wonderful day. Thank you to all who flew and all who support. Tremendous stuff!

Oscar Kilo
22nd Jun 2005, 20:56
I won't be going again for a few years - if you were misfortunate to view from the left end of the display line you had virtually no access to any toilet facilities and no view as camper vans were allowed to park right up to the flight line barrier. No signage to the "real flightline" meant I and my family had no idea we were supposed to be viewing from the right hand end of the field (some signs wouldn't have gone amiss). Also the programme was too disjointed compared to previous years.

I know you can't pleae all the people all the time, so I'll just vote with my feet (as the "feedback" part of the website seems to only elicit sarcastic replies from the event web person).

I'll stick to RIAT and Duxford in future.....

Am I being unreasonable?

Zlin526
22nd Jun 2005, 21:44
Am I being unreasonable?

Quite frankly, I think you are. The crowdline at Kemble is not that long, and most people are capable of walking just that little bit in order to get a good viewpoint.

Blimey, if you've been to RIAT, at least you know what walking is!:rolleyes:

Oscar Kilo
23rd Jun 2005, 16:40
Hi Zlin526,

I was with my elderly father who has a heart condition, and hence walking a long way was an issue for us, I know what you're saying though. Incidently for the last 2 years I've flown into RIAT on the 747 (sadly not an option this year) and walking had never been a problem!!!

Maybe I'm getting old and airshows just aint what they used to be.....

- OK

kemblejet01
26th Jun 2005, 12:33
Anorak,

thanks for the post. I was leading the Hunter formation and the Airfield attack in WV372. (The camouflaged one!).

Always grateful for some decent snaps, and I really must get round to learning how to take them myself.

As for those of you who had to walk, I shall mention your plight to the Airhsow organiser and we shall hopefully correct for next year.

rgds

KMB01

Oscar Kilo
27th Jun 2005, 10:11
Hi KMB01,

If you do get to talk to the organisers you might want to have a word re the replies to the "feedback" section on the website - as I said I know you can never please everyone all the time but some of the replies they've posted are borderline rude (given they're in response to customers). I'm quite glad they didn't respond to my post....

Anyway, for me the Hunter's are always the highlight of the show, very much enjoyed you and your teams display. No qualms re the flying, some great stuff on the day - thanks.