PDA

View Full Version : Bootland vs. Pooley's trp kits

Mak
21st Jun 2005, 12:11
As I mentioned in an earlier post, http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178387 , I'm planning a trip to France and Germany and will be purchasing these famed country trip kits. Questions is Bootlang or Pooley's?

In the UK I use AFE guides so familiarity is equally null with either but also heard some negative feedback about Bootlang being less than accurate on occasion. Price wise there's no real difference between the two. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mak

dublinpilot
21st Jun 2005, 12:31
Mak,

I hope you don't mind me tagging on a little to your thread.

Bootlang v's Guide VFR for France? Which is best?

DFC
21st Jun 2005, 13:35
Both are often out of date as they rely on the operators at smaller aerodromes informing them of changes and they can be slow at times to get amendments made to the relevant AIPs incorporated.

These days, almost all the European AIPs are available free online. They are the source of the correct up-to-date information for all airspace and licensed airfields.

If going to unlicensed airfields then many have web sites and for the rest, the owner can fax or email you the info.

Thus I believe that the day of Bottlang and Pooleys has passed, especially for France where you can ge lovely free charts online direct from the French Authorities which are totally up to date and as good (perhaps better).

I used Bottlang in ther past. Now use the national AIP or Club website/owners info for the information - it's free, up to date and does not have a big disclaimer regarding the accuracy of the information and warning to check the AIP first!!!

Regards,

DFC