PDA

View Full Version : Grob bites the hedge.

coopervane
20th Jun 2005, 21:18
Anyone know what happened to the Grob at Barton over the weekend?

Looked a bit of a mess to say the least.

Hope the driver was ok.

Coop & Bear

jonquigley
12th Jul 2005, 22:40
arrived at barton just after incident

apparently solo student came in too high for runway 20, landed late and was well on the way to Macro carpark when the boundary hedge intercepted his progress. should have scrapped the approach and gone around earlier considering the hot windless conditions but hindsight is always 20-20........there but for the grace of God etc...

Grob currently in Maintenance Hangar undergoing repairs although i heard it was borderline right off. Pilot ok apart from shaken .....and probably stirred.

Best wishes to him and hope he gets back on the horse ASAP.:ok:

Halfbaked_Boy
13th Jul 2005, 00:04
Too high, especially on the days we saw over the weekend, definetly deserve thought for a go-around - indeed I made my first 'non-practice' go-around in 70ish hours of flying on Sunday. Temperatures were in the late thirties and I figured I'd prefer another, well set-up approach than a landing 3/4 the way along the runway and end up in the hedge at the end. :cool:

Maxflyer
13th Jul 2005, 07:26
No need for anyone to tell us how good they are! Let's just hope the student isn't put off. I'm sure plenty of experienced pilots have made mistakes.

Wide-Body
13th Jul 2005, 07:40
Hi Maxflyer

You are right. Even after 10,000 hours I keep finding new ones. The only difference experience makes is you tend to recognise your mistakes a bit quicker.;)

regards

Wide

Final 3 Greens
13th Jul 2005, 08:27
No, never made any mistakes :eek:

But I have had a few enlightening "learning experiences" :}