PDA

View Full Version : Fly in France

susan burgess
19th Jun 2005, 12:22
Try :www.nearlyheaven.com
Flying over the beautiful countryside of the Limousin,Dordogne and Charente

With cheap Ryanair/ Flybe flights you can do your flying in stages or all at once.B+B available (or bring a tent)
plus new swimmng pool and horses to ride.

Solo flight from 80 euros per hour no landing fees at Limoges airport.
Excellent weather, unrestricted skies and the training is done in in English.
This also gives you valuable experience of flying in France plus a holiday too.

2Donkeys
19th Jun 2005, 12:47
I think I can recall seeing you deep in discussion with a lady student in the restau just off the field at Limoges last time I passed through.

It is a lovely area and I'd thoroughly recommend it, but your posting seems to be a thinly disguised advert.... are these now allowed?

2D

susan burgess
19th Jun 2005, 15:07
Perhaps it may be seen by you as an advert , however I try to help everyone visiting France and particularly those arriving at Limoges Airport.Sometimes it is just a translation service which is needed ie.for fuel, restaurants, nice places to visit etc.

You would be surprised at how many people are delighted just to see a friendly English face and have a chat.

Many people with PPL's would love to fly in France but they are nervous about it, after all it is a foreign country and many of the controllers only speak in French.
It can be quite daunting to someone who has not ventured very far from his home air field to plan a trip into the unknown ,and many never get any further than Le Touquet which is sad because France has some magnificent scenery,airfields and very friendly pilots.

For instance I landed at a tiny airfield with two friends where I knew that the local village a couple of kilometres away had a superb restaurant. we were "starving" and could not wait to "feast "on this exceptional cuisine.

I tried calling the restaurant becauseI had been told that they will provide a free taxi service to visiting pilots to and from the restaurant. Sadly the area had no "service" for my mobile phone and we were faced with a steep uphill walk for our lunch .
A pilot working on his Jodel plane in the hanger offered to drive us to the village.We did not ask him he just offered!

We were paying the bill after a superb lunch when the restaurant telephone rang and our "friend " told the manager that he was ready to drive us back to the airfield.This is the sort of kindness which is commonplace in this area of France.

I am very happy to provide a free service to pilots who are either touring France or transiting France en route for Spain or elsewhere .
I receive many emails asking which are the most user friendly airfields to English speaking pilots plus a host of other questions.
I know friends in the south of France who will meet and greet English pilots and find them a friendly place to stay.

If my letter helps only one pilot who is visiting France I shall be very happy.
My message is fly in France it is a wonderful experience.

I can remember how nervous I was when I began flying here because the unknown can be very daunting to the most experienced pilots. AFTER ALL WE ARE ONLY HUMAN.!!!!!

Whirlybird
19th Jun 2005, 15:12
AFTER ALL WE ARE ONLY HUMAN.!!!!!

Thanks Sue, I've been waiting years for someone in aviation to realise that. :ok: :ok: :ok:

Hopefully see you in September.

Mods, although this might look like an ad, I think it could be useful to a lot of people...so please let it stay!