PDA

View Full Version : About Time There Is An India Forum

Left Wing
19th Jun 2005, 05:05
ABOUT TIME THERE IS AN INDIA FORUM LOT OF STUFF GOING BACK ON IN THE ME & FAR EAST:ok:

foxtrot
20th Jun 2005, 09:25
Good idiea Leftwing with all those new airlines,expansions,pilotshortages a forum would be a help but for it to really pick up the Indian DGCA needs to let expat pilots to work in India unrestricted not just 6 month contracts maybe extending to 3 yrs in 6 month installments, though India has a large pool of highly experienced flt deck crew the need of the hour is a open market policy ie a level playing field. POLICY LET THEM COME ITS A FREE WORLD .

Left Wing
20th Jun 2005, 12:08
"POLICY LET THEM COME ITS A FREE WORLD " Its not !

How come must have Green Card to fly in USA or must have right to live and work in EU to fly in Europe. So a free world its not.

But yes the fourm will help the guys headed to India for the short time with more info.:ok:

newscaster
20th Jun 2005, 13:35
Correction, there should be a seperate forum for all of South Asia i.e Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives.

AMX10
21st Jun 2005, 09:04
Kunn Dize mate you never cease to surprise me!

I guess we must now mention how bigotted kiwis are?

What would you think if indian pilots came to work in NZ?

So if I understand right it's ok for all whity boys to work everywhere in the world bbut not for indians, arabs and or other nationalities.

Open your borders and then we talk, until then, I think India has a major concern of employing their own!!

Because people want to live and work in those places, that's why.

You've obviously never lived in India, and got a long way to go!

A300Man-2005
21st Jun 2005, 09:30
What type of seating does AI now offer on its B744's in F and J class? It's ages since I've flown with the Company, and recall that J class seating was a bit naff and hardly reclined.

Surely it's now better?????

Left Wing
21st Jun 2005, 14:42
A 300, whats the conecction to this topic; call up a travel agent he will answer that in sec.:confused:

AMX, forget about these people; a few IT jobs go to India / China the whole of Eurpoe & USA starts to cry, well why dont they work for US$ 3 / hr same as the Indians & Chinese no one will take your job away from you.

KunnDize, Live in your own country and do crop dusting for the rest of your life why come to ME, Asia to make top dollar.

divinesoul
21st Jun 2005, 14:57
i agree with some people here there should be a subcontinent forum.moderators of pprune let us know what u think.It would be nice if u guys did something about it.

A300Man-2005
21st Jun 2005, 14:59
This is - supposedly the "official" India forum, where all things pertaining to India are discussed. Or, did you actually mean to entitle the thread something else?

Perhaps "edit" the title then to be more specific with regards to your real intent.

willfly380
23rd Jun 2005, 12:57
airbus 300 ,man this is pprune . but we still allow and invite others on this site.you know what i mean.but discussing how the seats are??
leftwing , this forum is good enough.it would get boring for you without someof the colorful characters hanging around the middle east.

Maverick
23rd Jun 2005, 16:51
I think , this Idea is great and will give an avenue for Pilots from Srilanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. ( sorry if i missed out other subcontinents..)
Lets Vote for it.
You have

1.Maverick

Left Wing
24th Jun 2005, 03:29
I agree Mav, not only local pilots from the subcontinent but xpat pilots benefit as well heading in that direction.

200+ a/c's comming in India; and a few more here and there it needs a better forum rather than info splt up in FE & ME fourms.

1 vote here.

mustangV8
25th Jun 2005, 12:10
u have my vote...lets do it

3. mustang

masalama
25th Jun 2005, 17:10
definitely need a subcontinent forum ...vote #4....

Maverick
25th Jun 2005, 17:34
Dear Moderator,

I assume that since, you are moderating this topic, you can kindly bring it to the notice of the Pprune management, that we would like to have a page dedicated to the Indian Subcontinent forum, even if its on a trial basis for a stipulated period of time. If the responses and topics discussed are worthwhile to ther aviators, then its up to the Pprune staff to keep it or otherwise.

Thankyou for considering,

Mav and all the others wanting this to happen. It is under consideration but I wouldn't get all excited about it - these things take time. Keep the motivations coming in & in the mean-time please consider this forum as your home. 4HP

Cheers!!! :O :ok:

dreamliner.777
25th Jun 2005, 18:44
KunnDize stay in your small world and spray crops. The Indians do not require single engine VFR drivers.

What a wonderful first post. One more like this & I shall show you the door my good man. Keep it nice please. 4HP

Glorified Donkey
25th Jun 2005, 20:01
Im confused as to why there is an India Forum in the middle east section, shouldn't it be in the far east instead???

Left Wing
25th Jun 2005, 23:05
Glorified Donkey,

Thats the point I'm trying to make here, India is not ME and its not FE either, If there can be one just for Hong Kong with only 2 real airlines; so pls why not a fourm for the Indian subconti after all they did place the highest orders at Paris air show.

Adverts for pilots and avition pros all over for jobs in India, it just makes all the info in one new fourm rather than going back and forth from ME to FE.

So pls vote and sell the idea to Mr. Moderator.:ok:

Glorified Donkey
26th Jun 2005, 12:53
Oh Oh :p

Well as for an Indian forum, great stuff, but it doesn't really benefit anyone unless of course you are Indian or are looking for a short DEC position. So good luck guys :ok: nice to see that the industry is moving somewhere.

Maverick
26th Jun 2005, 19:44
Well, I agree that India is moslty open to Indian pilots, but that's just coz it has to cater to the interest of the over 1000 of unemployed Indian Commercial Pilot License holders. ( I wudnt say thats an exact figure, but its somwhere around there, maybe more). I believe that there's similar practices by member states of the E.U. To have the right to live and work in the E.U.

I agree that the Indian subcontinent is small compared to the EU. But look at the number of Passengers and traffic emerging from the Indian SUBCONTINENT...Consider the aircraft orders and open sky policies being discussed. If India is doing it today, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the others will do so tomorrow and may even be examples to others....

Lets be optimistic as Aviation is all about being optimistic isn't it ?

Its a matter of time, that our HOPEFULLNESS will turn into a NEW FORUM PAGE for the Indian Subcontinent...
Hope is the Fuel for the Subcontinent aircrafts now..and I'm sure there are a good number of us who have PLENTY of that..

So here goes....
Lets HOPE and wait....!!!
:D :ok:

Left Wing
27th Jun 2005, 04:53
Those days are over of 1000+ Cpls sitting at home, DGCA just dropped basic CPL 250hrs requirment down to 200hrs. There are just ne more pilots left in India.

All the corp a/c's are grounded as most of the pilots left to join airlines, Jet Airways ATR fleet is grounded as well.

So pilots are needed either from local pool or xpats, and such a fourm will help all.:ok: :ok:

divinesoul
27th Jun 2005, 05:45
talking about shortage of pilots well it is a very bad situation now.
Many aspiring pilots are left in the lure as many flying clubs in india have lost their CFIs to the airlines.So without any CFIs no flying be done.And jet airways atr fleet is grounded as many of them wanted to move to the big jets and jet instead of promoting them within the fleet started recruiting new people into the 737 fleet hence most of the guys left them to join Kingfisher airlines on the A320.And besides kf has struck a good deal with airbus to train the pilots for free along with the a/c they buy.9 set(1capt &1 f/0) per a/c being trained.and dgca is implementing short term strategies to temporarily cushion the shortage effect but these wont work in the long term:-

First they increase the pilot retirement age to 61 from 60 i heard a rumour that they are going to again increase it to 62 in september.

Then they reduce the cfi hour requirement from 3000 hrs to 2500hrs
And then pl reduced to 200 from 250

Well very desperate moves from dgca

And people inspite of the shortage all the airlines are only allowed to recruit Captains and not expat f/os that too on contract basis

Oh by talking about shortage i deviated from the topic.Please moderators can we have an sub-continent forum.Please consider starting one for the benefit of pilots from the sub-continent countries.My vote is for a new froum for the subontinent

KunnDize
27th Jun 2005, 08:46
Would an indian forum be anything like HF???

Everyone stepping on each other and posting at the same time and the mod ignoring everyone's requests.....

SmoothCriminal
27th Jun 2005, 10:22
Namaste, Vanakkam, etc etc ....

There's plenty of Indian pilots overseas (FO capacity) , all willing to fly in India but are faced with the dreadful conversion.
It still takes over 6 months to convert a CPL. ATPL maybe a bit quicker for the swim is not with many people in the pool.

Is it posiible for the operator's to recruit Indian's on an expat basis which'll allow them to fly with a neighbouring issued licence and qual's ?

Is DGCA going to do anything about getting real with this conversion business and retune the bearuecracy to fit the current World ? Still a lot of hocus pocus going on behind the doors too !! to get all this done quickly (hmmmmm.....)

ATR's grounded by Jet and a lot of Corp's (KingAir's, Biz Jets and such) due shortage of crew is a bit sad really. Are these private org's allowed to recruit expats for their Biz machines on the contract basis ?! If so they won't hanve much trouble getting drivers from neighbouring countries...for the right price ofcourse and with proper advertisement in the appropriate local media.

On the otherhand it seems a bit naughty on the operators for siphoning crew among each other aey'. Hmmm, could be the crew themself leaving for the grass on the other side.

My two cents worth... or was it paise worth

BTW..... my vote for an Indian Forum. Let the Games Begin !!
Does Proxy Voting count aswell :)

Smoothie

:ok: :ok:

Maverick
27th Jun 2005, 12:41
Yes ,

It will be just like HF RT, where Pilots and people in aviation in the favour of the Indian Subcontinent Forum will reach from FAR across the continents all over the world, thereby having to use HF as VHF falls just a wee bit short, of Range.

You need keen ears to listen to HF-RT and it kinda keeps you more alert on a routine day!! And hey Have you forgotten the SELCAL...Helps passing the info to the right people without others being stepped upon!

And Smoothie, I do agree with the fact that the Indian DGCA must have a fast track process or atleast a TRANSPARENT procedure to enable rated, type-rated pilots with Indian Passports to help the country in this swift expansion phase...
Also, I would love to be a CFI while being an Airline Pilot. Its been a while since I've done some steep turns ( >45 deg ) and MCA Flights on the 152/172/kingair's etc...:p

Cheers :D :ok:

masalama
27th Jun 2005, 13:46
the problem is most "professional" airline pilots I've spoken to in India aren't aware of this site & what it has to offer.
It would be nice to have our forum ...all the spice(no pun intended) re. payscales, duty hours,hiring and general condition of the airlines need a place to be discussed....
in the meantime ...let the good times continue, that's all I can say, it's been long overdue...;)

KunnDize
27th Jun 2005, 17:19
Hey Mav, glad you enjoy HF... maybe we should pair up to fly together.

Alas, not just the oceanic much of the land airspace is also out of VHF range due to the lack of transmitters. No lack of land to erect them on, just lack of interest in installing them.

But luckily HF is so much fun. Can't wait for my next pleasurable hours spent listening to strident calls, on top of each other and endless repeats of information back and forth.......... waiting to get a call in on HF as I watch the lights of some city pass below.

406pilot
27th Jun 2005, 18:21
hi guys,

yeah u got my vote all the way from africa i am a local tanzanian who would love to get t5o know fellow indian pilots

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

MERA BHARAT MAHAN 100 MEIN 99 ADMI BEIMAAN

Left Wing
27th Jun 2005, 18:25
Very true lot of local Indian pilots dont know of this website, but then thats a breed of its own.

There has been " rumours" lot of Indian EK, QR and the lot want to come back to India now that the going is good with Jet & Sahara..... the only thing holds them back is THE DGCA.

"Rumours" are Kingfisher might "sell the idea" of permanent xpat pilots to the Indian govt very soon. As there have been permanent xpat pilots on the UB groups corp jet fleet since a while now.

Dont think you can escape Mr. 406 with your Africa accsent if you come for an interview to India with that kind of attitude:mad: :yuk: :mad: I'll be watching :*

divinesoul
28th Jun 2005, 07:51
Hey we all agree there should be a sub continent forum.what about the moderators they havent posted yet on what they think or what they intend to do about it.Moderators we are all anxiously waiting for ur response

sky747
28th Jun 2005, 14:24
Here Here !

There should be a forum dedicated to the Indian Subcontinent.

PPRuNe Towers
29th Jun 2005, 10:37
We've decided to outsource and are looking at options in the Bangalore area right now.

Other than that no change and if there is a change it would be to create an overall 'asia' forum. Not enough traffic to justify anything else I'm afraid.

Setting up an alternative site is both easy and free if you are determined enough. It's only when you're large, very busy and suffering constant growth pains that economics comes into the decision making.

Regards
rob

Left Wing
29th Jun 2005, 15:01
WoW !

Pilots treating other Pilots like they are just numbers not people, hmmmm seems like no one is strong enough to with stand the power of managment over low life line pilots who are trying to make their lives better and live a more informed life hence make better career moves. Be it in Asia or where ever.

Comfortably numb to the pain now !:{ :{ :{ :{

newscaster
29th Jun 2005, 16:08
The "Asia" forum idea is even better as it would cover the whole continent.

406pilot
2nd Jul 2005, 16:16
yeah asia forum makes more sense...lets go(maruti santro)

no offence meant to left wing, no african attitude either my friend only friendly joke..hope you take it lightly on the interview...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot(watchin 2 much tv)

rsoman
22nd Jul 2005, 12:46
Thanks to the moids who have atleast partially responded to the pleas here by renaming the FAR EAST forum as FAR EAST, ASIAN AND INDIAN.

Cheerio

newscaster
22nd Jul 2005, 15:43
When you say Asia you cover not only the East but also the South, Central, West and other parts that fall in Russia.

'Far East & Indian Subcontinent' or 'Far East & South Asia' would have been a much better title.

PPRuNe Towers
23rd Jul 2005, 09:14
Thanks Newscaster, IŽd been hoping for a more elegant phrase so consider it nicked when I get a more secure connection and delve under the bonnet.

Regards
Rob

newscaster
24th Jul 2005, 17:20
Even simply calling it 'East Asia', 'Eastern Asia', or 'East Asian' would also work as everything East of Iran is considered East Asia.