PDA

View Full Version : Good news!

stiknruda
17th Jun 2005, 21:07
MikeyJP passed his skills test today! Outstanding work.

G-KEST also approved the issue of somebody's aerobatic display authorisation down to 500/100'.

No doubt Mike and I might have a swift half to celebrate soon!

Thanks Trapper!

Stik

AerBabe
17th Jun 2005, 21:16
Well done both of you!

I'll let you know when I've decided which is the more frightening thought. :ooh:

TheKentishFledgling
17th Jun 2005, 21:46
Good news indeed - well done chaps :)

tKF

DubTrub
17th Jun 2005, 21:57
Jolly good news.

Apart from those "in the know", who are they all, or should we all know them?

:rolleyes:

stiknruda
17th Jun 2005, 22:36
Dearest Dubtrub - obviously Ireland was mentally/emotionaly too draining for you!

MichealJP59 - one of the chaps who makes a tame day in Sheffield an insane one!

And the other bloke - well he's the one who gave Mono your work's phone number, so that he could pick up tailwheel bog-chain from you!

If this is not computing - then be a good fellow and call me at work Tues - Tursday morning (08-12)

0845 303030

Stik

MichaelJP59
17th Jun 2005, 23:06
Cheers, Stik - the rumour is true, I now have a licence to learn. Or at least I will have once the CAA get round to sending it to me.

Thanks to all who've helped me out with advice over the past year:)

DubTrub
17th Jun 2005, 23:06
Stik, me old mate: obviously Ireland Well it ended up as Spain...wx, you know, and not a drop of the Guinness was to be drunk...so it obviously was draining.

...Trapper I know...

...and en route Spain I passed a "best wishes" message to Aerbabe via a chap who kindly allowed us safe passage over NW overhead...

I saw Mono's repaired bog-chain for myself...

I also know TKF (by repute and his relation, if not by other means). So that leaves...

...who do I therefore not know that knows my work number? Not a 2112 of our mutual?

Confused of Tunbridge Wells.

stiknruda
18th Jun 2005, 06:34
Dhoh! Mono rang me in a panic as he wanted to contact you urgently during a workday.

I just happened to have yr number handy!

If you didn't use yr Ireland chart, may I borrow it pse? I'll PM you home address so that you can mail it to me!

TVM

Stik

Pitts2112
18th Jun 2005, 06:54
Well a hearty congratulations to both of you (and a suggestion that Trapper go see the docotor as he's obviously lost his mental faculties where it comes to giving DAs!). does this now mean that if I'm flying your wing that I've got a DA down to 500 feet, too? In other words, if I'm flying close enough to use your ASI, can I use your DA as well?

Curious of Twickers

PS - And Dub, old mate, thanks for the vote of confidence but I havent' gotten my airplane or my act together yet to procure said desired document. This summer, though, for sure.

AerBabe
18th Jun 2005, 19:37
I passed a "best wishes" message to Aerbabe

Awww, shucks, DubTrub. Shame I didn't get the message though. :(

stiknruda
18th Jun 2005, 20:15
Thanks, 2112

One of Pprune's biggest attributes to me is that if you say that you will do something on Pprune, not only do you have an "audit trail" but you've also given a commitment to others and will be judged as a person on it.

I've now acheived my goals as advertised on Pprune for 04 (overcoming my silly body-crippling fear of inverted spins) and 05 (obtaining an aerobatic DA) and I'm sure that 2112 will acheive his latest stated goal, too!

Hey 2112 - there is (as of today!) a 3 ship Chipmunk formation (all DA'ed) #3 is your favourite MALE a2a photographer from a location not too far from NTF!

FF - well done, too!

Hard work but hopefully rewa$ding!

Stik

G-KEST
18th Jun 2005, 20:50
One major benefit of being a DAE as opposed to an FE is that doing a display evaluation does not, normally, involve flying with the candidate whereas an FE doing a skills test does. I have rarely been seriously frightened during an evaluation. Concerned yes, terrified no. Whereas on skills tests..............!!!

At least Stik arrived with an extremely attractive FE in the front seat at EGSP whose company, as we observed the evaluation flown over a local WW2 airfield, was most welcome. Indeed it was difficult to concentrate on watching Stik's aerial evolutions. Dream on, dream on.

News of an imminent debut of a new formation display team has reached me and to whom I offer congratulations. It is ages since the "Blue Chips" and the immortal "Grey Eagles" entertained us all.

Cheers,

Trapper 69
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :p :p :p :O :O :O

Pitts2112
18th Jun 2005, 21:31
Stick,

Having had FF in his Chippie fly my wing whilst in the beloved Tcraft, and having flown his wing in our photo shoot, I can attest to the man's formation talent. I'm sure the 3-ship Chippie formation will go down a treat with spotters and pilots alike.

Well done, FF, and good luck during the season!

Pitts2112

PS - both VP and I are spinning beautifully!!

TheKentishFledgling
18th Jun 2005, 21:51
Good news to FF, too!

And stik, which was it in the front hole then?

tKF

porridge
18th Jun 2005, 22:01
Hi Stiknruda - sorry to be a pain on such a momentous occasion and while congratulations are in order (well deserved). I need to point out that one can have a ‘Swift’ or one can have a ‘Half’ according to the units of measures, as I understand, but not a ‘swift half’. However one can have a ‘half’ followed by a ‘swift’ or vice versa. Whatever you choose enjoy it!

stiknruda
18th Jun 2005, 23:09
Porridge- good point! But I only work in metric these days;)

Trapper - I doubt yesterday's cutie looks at Pprune, not serious enough for a QC!

tKf - see above and go figure!

G-KEST
18th Jun 2005, 23:29
Stik,
That I had already assumed. My dearly beloved of 40 years is the same. So thats why I wrote it..........!!!
Hope she finds her aeros arousing, I always do.
Cheers,
Trapper 69
:ok: ;)