PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair at Prestwick

neutron
16th Jun 2005, 17:41
Interesting afternoon at EGPK last Thursday. Wx deteriorated after lunch and there were 4 aircraft inbound, a TB20, 2 Ryanair flights and 1 other GA aircraft, can't remember the type. The first Ryanair was given priority and vectored for the 31 ILS, followed by the unknown GA type. The 2nd Ryanair was then shuffled off into the hold while the TB20 made an approach! Bet that went down well!

How are relations between controllers and Ryanair at Prestwick? I have heard Ryanair crew complaining about having to wait for traffic on approach to an into-wind runway while they have to wait to use the reciprocal - accepting the tail-wind to avoid taxi time.

Scott Voigt
18th Jun 2005, 01:09
Don't know about over there, but over here the aircraft going to the active runway get the preference. Going elsewhere to get a shorter taxi time isn't going to make you number one...

regards

Scott

Pierre Argh
18th Jun 2005, 11:26
Tend to agree with Scott... not sure about whether Prestwick have pre-determined priorities, but without other pressing reasons, in my opinion traffic using the duty runway should get priority over others going against the stream? Tough luck RYR et al

Lon More
18th Jun 2005, 13:03
Ryanair crew complaining about having to wait for traffic on approach to an into-wind runway while they have to wait to use the reciprocal

Sounds dodgy, even in VMC and definitely not a good idea.

I don't think nginear or his mate qcode would like it, neither would I.

woodpecker
18th Jun 2005, 15:16
Having experienced the taxying speed of some Ryanair crews I am surprised they need to worry about into wind/ downwind arrivals/departures!!