PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Chief bites dust

sgt.culpepper
13th Jun 2001, 18:28
Hot off the presses ,Aer Lingus chief Michael Foley has just been sacked by the Board of the Company. Chairman Bernie Cahill Will assume the role of "acting CX"....again!
Don't know if this is good or bad news for the airline.Best of luck to all in Aer Lingus

sgt.culpepper
13th Jun 2001, 18:50
Further to my earlier post, Foley has issued a strong statement saying that he was "shocked and disturbed by the Aer Lingus decision. I was hired to prepare the company for a new era of aggressive and intense competition this would involve changes which would challenge the comfort zones and the old ways of doing business. Foley says that the Board found that he was not guilty of gross misconduct(alledged sexual harrasment) He pledged to continue to fight against this "vicious, scurrilous and unfounded campaign against me personally"
Looks like more money for the lawyers

TACAN
14th Jun 2001, 12:20
From Today's FT:

Airline chief fired for sexual harassment

The chief executive of Aer Lingus, Ireland's national carrier, was sacked yesterday after a company committee found him guilty of sexual harassment following allegations by a fellow director and his personal assistant. Michael Foley, who was headhunted last September from Heineken Ireland to take the company through to privatisation, had been suspended on full pay as company investigations considered allegations from Joan Loughnane, the worker appointed director, and Anne Lawlor, Mr Foley's personal assistant. The dismissal leaves the company without a chief executive at a critical time. Aer Lingus said: "The committee of the board, having concluded that Mr Foley's position as chief executive is untenable, had decided to terminate his employment with immediate effect in accordance with his contract."

Justice seen to be done.........

TACCY