PDA

View Full Version : Airframe MPD

yakker
14th Jun 2005, 14:26
I was wondering how many Yak owners are grounded at present due to the Airframe MPD.
We are one such group, and no matter how hard I try I seem to make no progress towards getting it resolved. Maybe if you are in the same position you could contact me. Collectively we may make some progress.

air18150
14th Jun 2005, 16:57
Very sorry to hear your plight. There is a current thread about this problem on `flyer forums` - called `yak permit renewal` I think. Presumably you have tried the Richard Goode and Yak UK organisations for help. David Young of Aero Anglia at Elmsett airfield in Suffolk arranged the paperwork for at least one Yak 52 last year so he might be worth a call (I dont have his number but it should be easy enough to find) however I know it was a long process. If you do have any breakthrough I would be interested to hear as I have friends with an aircraft suffering the same impasse.

yakker
14th Jun 2005, 19:50
Thanks 18150, did not realise a thread had started on the flyer forum. Yak Uk are dealing with our application, it was made last October, paid $1000 this March. Grounded April and no end in sight.