PDA

View Full Version : 1500hr MPA requirment

connection fee
14th Jun 2005, 10:24
In converting a ICAO ATPL to a JAR, does 1500+ hrs multi crew in a aircraft less than 5700kg but required to be 2 crewed by local regs and 2 crew rides count to this?

"MPA= Multi Pilot Aircraft. 1500h requirement refers to expereience gained on aircraft type certified for 2 or more "pilots"(Flight Engineer time does not count) and usually refers to aircraft certified under FAR/JAR 25, that is transport category aircraft. "

-IBLB-
14th Jun 2005, 17:48
I think it only has to be 500 multi crew, but the plane has to recognized as requiring multi crew.
i.e. a C525 being flown with a 2 crew for insurance reasons or ops reasons doesn't count i think.

-IBLB-

Spektor
14th Jun 2005, 19:19
connection fee,

Multi-Pilot time for the purposes of conversion has to be in aircraft requiring more than one pilot by certification (e.i. JAR/FAR Part 25, Transport Category Aircraft) or by operational requirements. So, if the local regs or your company (whose ops are, no doubt, approved by the local Authority) require your aircraft to be operated by two pilots, then the time in it does count as well. Of course, when applying for the license, you will have to prove it to the JAA by providing letters from the company AND from the local authority. Additional proof may be required at the discretion of the JAA.

500 hours is the magic number. Don't take my word for it though - you can check for yourself simply by reading up on some JAA Regs. UK CAA web site is a good sourse of info on the topic. I believe its www.caa.co.uk

Hope it hepls. Good luck!

Spektor.

P.S. Don't forget the 14 writtens for the ATPL Theory - lots of fun!:ouch: