PDA

View Full Version : Application Blues

italianjon
13th Jun 2005, 13:33
Just sitting here passing the time in the office and it occurred to me.

Why, when you know you’ve been pencilled in for a NATS start date, does time slow down and suddenly you get really fed up with your current employer?

I thought, maybe we need a bitching forum, for everyone to vent the frustrations - that time passes so bloody S-L-O-W-L-Y.

Personally I cannot wait to get to College, and that makes things worse, time seems to stand still. I am sure I checked the dates 6 months ago and the date was 12th June 2005!!!

Here’s to all suffering the Application Blues.

sla
13th Jun 2005, 16:16
I know exactly how you feel. Time has gone soooooo slowly for me for months now, and it's still going slowly even though I will start in 14 days. But one day in the future we will be looking back on this and it won't matter any more! It will be well worth the wait in the end. We're the lucky ones - we've got in!!!

Keep yourself busy mate, it's the best way.:ok:

italianjon
13th Jun 2005, 16:35
Sorry Sla, ment in the nicest way, if we meet, I'll hit you...

Bloody rub it in when you have 14 days left!

I've got a couple of months!!!

:ok:

Nah, seriously looking forward to it and can't wait to finally start.

Sandgrounder
13th Jun 2005, 19:16
Alright Jon

You definitely on September then cos I should be too? I notice your profile says London - you there at the mo'? What job you doing? I'm London too - got on the civil service fast stream after uni but it was always gonna have to be loads better than the boring post I've been put in to compete, so off to ATC it is! Can't wait either. Still gonna miss all my London mates though, enjoy em while you can!

We should meet up for a beer or five if we're both on September. Anyway, September will fly round I'm sure :D

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Jun 2005, 19:24
Don't wish your life away - that comes when you're doing Air Dpartures at a busy airfield and you want the clock to go at double speed to get rid of the monster queue at the hold!

Anyway, very best of luck everyone - hope everything goes well for ya'all.

Evil J
13th Jun 2005, 19:47
You'll be bitter and twisted soon enough don't worry.

HD - dont you mean sitting doing Deps constantly looking at the ATM watching TC make an arse of TEAM again??:ok:

italianjon
14th Jun 2005, 07:36
HD and EJ,

Thanks for the wonderful insight to the otherside!

I coming at it from the angle that shouting at maggots on a screen must be better than signing and stamping bits of paper - ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!

At least the maggots talk back... (why do I get the feeling that was the wrong thing to say!) ;)

Father Jack
16th Jun 2005, 13:59
Some days I imagine you'll call them much worse!!

Number2
17th Jun 2005, 16:54
Maybe you'll even get to the College and realise what a mistake you've made when, 2 years down the line, you're still there missing your London mates and too intimidated to complain about the non-PC instructors that are well past their sell-by date. Good luck to you either way!