PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism at West Drayton

Ahh-40612
10th Jun 2005, 17:38
It's gone!!!

The superb shot of Concorde on the balcony at West Drayton has been replaced by a screen with a projected image of the "Destinations" rubbish on it.

There are also large posters everywhere of some bloke up a mountain looking very smug after making a huge snowball.

I thought money is tight in Nats - these projectors are not cheap.

The next phase I assume will be films of large rallys of people wearing Prince Harry armbands and marching in a funny way.

What did you do today? Got brassed off - but all the planes are still flying so probably good teamwork.

yeoman
10th Jun 2005, 19:10
Ah but NATS is part owned by various airlines and you only need to look at some of the paint jobs and name changes to get the idea. What fascinates me is how so many grey suited grey people come up with colour schemes that look like the inside of someone's gut just after they have eaten pizza.

The concept of history is dead. Long live the modernisers and come the revolution, where something bright. Oh, and BTW, the cost of the projectors will be c~ck all compared with the fee paid to the consultant who came up with the idea. Any coincidence that con appears in that title?:yuk:

Mr Chips
10th Jun 2005, 23:20
ahh.. but to be fair.. the picture was a bit crap (the image was off centre if you looked at it. yeah, i know, too many tea breaks from the training section) Also, after the Red Barron said that the last management idea was rubbish, it took them months to take down the posters in the entance way....

Mr Chips
ex NATS!!!!!!

The Obvious Choice
11th Jun 2005, 08:03
I hadn't noticed any change, all the chairs face out the window now! I will try and remember to turn round and have a look this afternoon.

Lon More
11th Jun 2005, 09:55
all the chairs face out the window now

Aaah the joys of a London Housing Estate; from the canteen watch the knickers flapping in the breeze on a washing line; from the Ops Room watch them flapping round the ankles during a kneee-trembler in the passages over the road

Jerricho
11th Jun 2005, 13:13
...and the subtle glow of a Vauxhall Nova on fire. It warms the soul.

hold at SATAN
11th Jun 2005, 15:25
Well the caring sharing Barron Boys have gone one further at Heathrow. They have replaced a wall full of photo plaques for sponsored guide dogs for the blind , which have been there for years with.... yep, you've guessed it:

21 destinations - each A4 sheet lovongly printed on a colour printer and laminated with the finest office grade sticky back plastic. Unsubstantiated rumour has it that they were produced by the newly formed department of laminated colour A4 sheets, based at the CTC.

Who said NATS isn't a classy organisation?

BTW, i thought the new posters had a giant golf ball not a snowball!!!!

TheOddOne
11th Jun 2005, 15:36
It's spreading. Instead of our piccies of airlines past at LGW, we're getting plasma screens for RTC - 'Real Time Communications'. Apparently these are going up in the entrance lobby of our building so we can all stand there during our tea breaks and get the latest message from our leaders. We had asked that they be put in the rest room and have an RGB feed available so we could plug a DVD player in but for some reason that idea got turned down...

Sorry, Guys & Gals, not hijacking your thread, merely sympathising!

Cheers,
The Odd One

Jerricho
11th Jun 2005, 15:37
we're getting plasma screens for RTC

And

get the latest message from our leaders

All sounds very Orwellian.

GT3
11th Jun 2005, 15:55
The fool that is Barron is coming to LHR. His meeting times are (conveniently) scheduled so that the morning watch will be unable to attend.

Shame, however I might go along and arrive late. Maybe creating some noise both as I arrive and while I attend.

And I miss the pictures of the Guide Dogs too.

Loki
11th Jun 2005, 16:53
Meanwhile at DAT&S (or whatever silly name they`ll come up with next for the college) some of the aforementioned destinations posters seem to have gone missing from the walls of the canteen......helped restore my appetite anyway.

LateLandingClearance
11th Jun 2005, 17:14
@ TheOddOne

have an RGB feed available so we could plug a DVD player in
Much like the RGB line in on our new taxiway lighting panel?

Not that we'd think of any such things on the night shifts....:E

Totally off subject, sorry chaps!

BALIX
11th Jun 2005, 19:51
Hey, we've got the plasma screen tellys as well. There is one in the canteen that has a slide show of various bits of company information, both local and national. For example, it informs anyone who needs one, and happens to be looking at one of thse blessed contraptions at the time the appropriate slide is displayed, that if you need a taxi to inform reception.

Nice of the girls in the front office to offer a taxi service.

The one in the canteen is sometimes wired up to BBC News 24 with the volume level set at such a level that you can hear the voices but not make out what is said. How annoying is that?

By the way, we have the destination posters dotted around the building as well. They are stuck up with pins which will leave the walls full of holes when the next management bright idea comes along.

shack
12th Jun 2005, 09:18
So what is new about Vandalism at West Drayton?

What was it Don G****m used to shout as he tore up all the copies of Airway as they arrived in the crew room??

Widger
13th Jun 2005, 08:19
While you are on the subject, why is that Concorde still on the roundabout at Heathrow, shouldn't they have an A380 or something there now.

Do the bits of the Destination jigsaws drop off the wall as and when NATS don't achieve the targets?

terrain safe
13th Jun 2005, 08:49
"Do the bits of the Destination jigsaws drop off the wall as and when NATS don't achieve the targets?"

Must mean if we don't achieve any they were missing in the box:p :p

TC_LTN
14th Jun 2005, 09:48
Don G****m and vandalism - ha

His biggest act of vandalism is that self congratulatory picture of W Watch Skygods along the corridor of power, just after they had worked some old retiring aeroplane :D :yuk:

Not that I have ever tipped it off centre
:O

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
14th Jun 2005, 10:32
<<Don G****m and vandalism - ha
His biggest act of vandalism>>

What about all the elastic bands then, eh?? I still have the scars you know - half an arm, wooden leg, no teeth. I'll get him one day...

Spiney Norman
14th Jun 2005, 13:01
If this is the same Don G****m I knew, then the only 'exciting destination' he knows about has 'Directors' as a guest pint! At least that one is achievable by 2007. In fact, make that 1700! Aaaaaaaarrrgggglllleee Beeeer! Oh! And Don.........................

MadsDad
14th Jun 2005, 13:38
I thought money is tight in Nats - these projectors are not cheap

It depends on who your daughter works for. :E

Also applies to Plasma screens.

((Squawk 7700?) - hijack attempt in progress.)

hold at SATAN
18th Jun 2005, 19:39
GT3 I think your post scared off the red barron. he was obviously scared of being shot down.

I guess our 2006 pay settlement comes with RGB input and full of management bo**o**ks. What the hell is the point of wasting all that money.... or do the barron boys have shares in dixons?

What's a Girdler
22nd Jun 2005, 15:37
You guys should come down to CTC sometime!! There's a whole room dedicated to 21 dreams!!

A I
22nd Jun 2005, 17:26
Hey Girdler, if Room 21 is in existence then there can only be 20 dreams!!

A I :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Jerricho
22nd Jun 2005, 20:30
There's a whole room dedicated to 21 dreams!!

You must be talking about For Your Eyes Only? :E :E