PDA

View Full Version : My Dream

**777lover**
10th Jun 2005, 10:40
Long time since I posted in these forums!

Right, what I would love to do as a full time occupation is to become an ATCO. I was wondering what sort of grades I need, do I have to take certain subjects in college/ 6th form?

Does it matter what subjects I take, and what are the grades I need, how long is the training to become a fully qualifeid ATCO? Where do you train? Im currently doing my GCSE's and am targeted all A - C's. :cool:

Look forward to your answers...

Dave :D

sla
10th Jun 2005, 11:34
You don't have to do specific 'A' - levels, I don't know that you even have to pass them, just study them, but the selection is tough and you will want to look as good as you can in interview, so pick some 'A'- levels you will enjoy and can do well at.

Look at www.nats.co.uk for more information.

Good luck.:ok:

Trevski248
10th Jun 2005, 11:38
You Need 5 GCSE's at C and above, And at least 1 A-level or GNVQ higher level or equivalent in order to apply to NATS.

Their are several stages to recruitment which involve different tests and interviews check out the forum for pages with help on that.

If sucessful training is carried out at the college of air traffic control in Bournemouth and the course used to take 18 months, although there are rumours that this is now 10 Months long with more on job training, Visit WWW.NATS.CO.UK for further info about the application process and training.

Trev.