PDA

View Full Version : PPL at Orlando

jaris
9th Jun 2005, 15:08
Hi guys,
I am new here, so I`d like to introduce myself.My name is jara,I am cabin crew,working for UK based airline.After long decision time I am considering of taking PPL at Orlando Beach Aviation.I`ve read couple of yours opinions,however as I am not skilled jet about technical bits of the aircraft,I`d like to ask you,whether is neccessary for me to study in advance in order to prepare for exam or will be enough to manage it in 3 weeks course.
Thank you in advance for your response.

Regards
jara

hughesyd
9th Jun 2005, 19:02
Hi there, i am heading out to ormand beach in august to do my ppl and hour building. I would STRONGLY RECCOMEND that you do as much studying as time will allow you. I will say that they seem a very proffesional set up. They certainly take the hastle out of getting your visa and all the other paperwork that you have to complete before the USA will let you fly. they seem to be the only flight school that respond to emails and questions straight away, and above all they are very cheap!. Good luck, if i can be of any help when i have been out there, give me a shout.

stuart youngs
10th Jun 2005, 17:56
I would have to suggest to do your written PPLs before you go and fly out there. Be it Ormand beach or orlando Flight training.
If you want to be sure of it in 3 weeks then may be best to get a few hours before hand at home. Because all you need is a few days of bad weather in 3 weeks and you are stuffed.
I did my Cpl in 4 weeks at Orlando which is 28 hours and I took the test on the last day of the 4 weeks!
Just a word of warning.