PDA

View Full Version : Jerez - Standard Instrument Departures?

BAe 146-100
8th Jun 2005, 18:36
Hi,

I will be flying to Jerez (XRY/LEJR) soon and I was having a look at the Standard Instument Departures (SID's) out of there and I noticed something interesting.

It seems like like all the SID's command a left or right turn at 600 feet. Any perticular reason for this?

Hope someone can help. :)

Regards
BAe 146

square leg
8th Jun 2005, 19:03
Hi,

My guess is that they want to keep you within the Class D airspace (max speed 200kt in the turn).

Possibly to stay clear of uncontrolled airspace and/or perhaps a noise abatement thing.

I haven't been there, haven't done that and don't have the shirt.

ifleeplanes
8th Jun 2005, 19:19
Whenever I have been into Jerez its always ended up as straight in onto the southerly runway (over the Bull on the hill) and straight out on the northerly runway. Managed an hour on departure before making a single turn before!

the flyingenglishman
8th Jun 2005, 19:37
I dunno whether you have tried the spanish caa site: www.aena.es if not, this may be able to help in some way. You will first need to register and then you will have available to you the equivalent of our NATS AIS. Good luck!:ok:

BAe 146-100
8th Jun 2005, 19:47
Whenever I have been into Jerez its always ended up as straight in onto the southerly runway (over the Bull on the hill) and straight out on the northerly runway. Managed an hour on departure before making a single turn before!

I have just seen that procedure on the chart.

Runway 03 (Northerly Runway) - The Phraseology to be used will be the same except for the turn after take-off, which will be executed complying with the aerodrome circuit before following the outbound procedure.

That is what UK bound flights must do then. Pity, I was looking forward to that turn! :D

Thanks for your help.

Regards
BAe 146

reynoldsno1
9th Jun 2005, 21:27
All PANS OPS designed SIDs assume that the aircraft will turn (if required) a minimum of 400ft above the departure end of runway elevation

BAe 146-100
11th Jun 2005, 19:53
This is a slightly different question, but I hope you don't mind me asking it.

What SID would the flight to Jerez do out of Manchester (EGCC)? I presume it would either be a MONTY or a NOKIN?

Regards
BAe 146

jetupset
11th Jun 2005, 22:16
I used to work at XRY Airport. Seen IB 320's turn at (much) less than 400' on southbount T/O's. Looked a bit cavalier on a few ocasions.

Try asking on the wannabes forum - there's a 100 student flight school operating there.

reynoldsno1
12th Jun 2005, 21:27
Presumably if you could see them then they were probably conducting a visual departure?