PDA

View Full Version : Mr Street

beerdrinker
7th Jun 2005, 07:25
"Mike Street, 57, the retiring operations chief,"

From today's torygraph story about bonuses in BA.

Is it true? Is the ex tea boy going?

Maybe Willie will now be able to sort out the CC with their biggest defender going.

Perhaps "benchmarking" might be done in that department and some nasty truths emerge.

Kapt. Ive
7th Jun 2005, 09:38
What's this? Another disgruntled-glorified-waiter posting? :yuk:

HZ123
7th Jun 2005, 10:14
Indeed he is going in fact it was announced about 2 weeks ago. He leaves with a couple of million share pot and a six figure pension. It is strongly rumoured that he is joining one of the low costers as CEO later this year. He deserves it all and will be ab asset to any airline.

Mini mums
7th Jun 2005, 11:44
HZ123, you are quite right he will be an asset to any airline . . . that wants to pay twice the market value for Cabin Service and Operations. If you don't have a huge budget, you're no-one. When will LCG (formerly just LG) realise this.

I'm just so pleased he'll soon no longer be on the BA balance sheet. Shame his legacy willl be though.

Of all the incompetent, empire building non-LOCO minded losers to be on the board, Mike Street takes the biscuit.

He should have been fired over the T4 fiasco 18months ago.

Da Dog
7th Jun 2005, 13:35
Calm down mini mums HZ123 has a habit of posting complete Tosh on pprune.......... maybe its the dreary office with few windows in Cranbank that does it;)

frangatang
7th Jun 2005, 14:53
Never a truer word said about that cretin street.Having just returned from a far east destination where the cabin crew had bucket loads of cash thrown at them for the plane being extremely late then street has a lot to answer for.

ETOPS
7th Jun 2005, 15:07
This could be a cunning plan;)

Street working for another carrier would be nearly fatal for their balance sheet thus removing a competitor :ok:

Dirty tricks anyone.............

DCS99
7th Jun 2005, 15:41
I'm obviously in a minority of one, but I saw Mike Street speak at a conference when I was still at BA (ca. 1997) and I was impressed.

He was passionate about caring for passengers and staff (yes, honestly!) and I enjoyed listening to him. Direct, straight-forward and entertaining.

How many others on here have heard him or spoke face-to-face?

I suspect he inherited a "poisoned chalice", couldn't change the system in time and is taking the can for that.

As business leaders go, I've seen and sadly worked for a lot worse amongst the middle ranks of BA management.
Some of those were definitely power-mad and in certain cases corrupt. Allegedly of course!
:D

Carnage Matey!
7th Jun 2005, 16:10
Yes he certainly cared about his staff, paying many of them far above market rates and rewarding them all with free tickets after they'd disrupted thousands of our passengers with an illegal walkout. Plenty have heard him or spoken to him face to face. 'Slippery' and 'evasive' are the usual descriptions. Street didn't inherit the poisoned chalice, he carefully crafted it for himself during the Ayling years and has been topping up its contents ever since. A thoroughly ineffective leader and good riddance to him.

BYMONEK
7th Jun 2005, 16:46
Carnage Matey

Ever the politician I see! :rolleyes:

mcdhu
8th Jun 2005, 10:57
Ezy are looking for a CEO to replace RW this Autumn!!!

Cheers,
mcdhu

italianjon
8th Jun 2005, 11:51
Has BMED found a new CEO yet?

fiftyfour
9th Jun 2005, 13:45
M Street was responsible for the integration of Dan-Air into BA/Euro Ops LGW. Something that could have been handled quite smoothly, was turned into a huge cock-up that subsequently took 10 years to resolve. BA will be much better off without him near the top.