PDA

View Full Version : Crossing EU Country boundaries

aftermay
6th Jun 2005, 20:49
We are flying in a C-172 from UK to Czech going via France and Germany and are wondering what the rules are re flying between Mainland European EU contries. We know we have to file a flight plan when crossing borders but are not sure if we need to clear customs each time as well.

Any information or help as to where we should look for more information gratefully received.

June

Chilli Monster
6th Jun 2005, 21:52
As Britain is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement you'll have to route via a Customs airfield for your first landing on mainland Europe, or have arranged customs at your destination if it's not available normally,

Thereafter all flights between Schengen signatories (i.e between France and Germany) will not require customs. Czech Republic I don't have the details to hand, but I suspect arrival may have to be via a Customs airport.

Radar
6th Jun 2005, 22:04
aftermay,

All info given by Chilli Monster is correct. First landing in the Czech Republic mus be at a customs airport. Was through Prague this time last year and the authorities showed less than minimal interest in us.