PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of French METARs / TAFS!?

Aussie Andy
6th Jun 2005, 14:26
Has anyone else noticed that it's not currently possible to get METARs / TAFS at present for some fields like Le Touquet, Calais (and maybe others) through the usual channels (Met Office, Avbrief etc)?

I queried this with Avbrief today and they tell me that the Met Office's comments are that "We have contacted our counterparts in France about this missing data... They state that "there is no data available for these stations"You can call e.g. Le Touquet to get the LFAT recorded ATIS on +33 32 105 5126 and this includes METAR type information such as wind, temp, dewpoint, visibility, cloud, QNE, QFH, etc. as well as RWY in use as you'd expect. Likewise for Calais. So it seems to me that they're gathering the weather information, but not transmitting it through the usual channels for some reason?

Does anyone know:[list=a] Are other airfields affected?
What is the reason behind this?[/list=a]Merci!

Andy :ok:

Aussie Andy
7th Jun 2005, 09:47
Well for anyone interested, I got a response and an interesting discussion "in another place", see http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14334

I wish there was juts one forum, nowadays it seems you need to watch both.. waste of time really!

Andy :(

helicopter-redeye
7th Jun 2005, 16:13
Probably on strike ...

:( ;) :D