PDA

View Full Version : Staff West goes where at MAN?

silverhawk
5th Jun 2005, 07:04
With the announcement of the huge expansion at Man, where is the proposed site for the new staff car park to replace Staff West.

How long will it take from car park to T1?

Good for MAN plc, bad for staff and FTL issues. Rest periods being spent in transit.

sammypilot
5th Jun 2005, 08:29
I shouldn't worry about it if I were you. If the Government's proposed Road Charge Scheme comes to fruition you will not be able to afford to drive to the airport anyway. As passengers will be in the same position further expansion at Manchester probably will not be needed.

toon
5th Jun 2005, 08:30
Haven't seen any expansion plans on paper at MAN, but maybe they would be better off trying to make the things they have work before expanding at all !
It is well commented on already the general state of the airport, see Airlines, Airports and Routes, but even now, half way through the summer the arrivals hall in T1 is a building site, (never seen anyone building), the roads are chaos and airside the taxiways, stands etc are a joke.

Staff carparking - an inconvenience.

woderick
5th Jun 2005, 09:25
I am of the opinion that the ‘plans’ as shown on the BBC local news this week are not really expansion rather the completion of T2 to the original plans. This will, of course, result in the destruction of area seven (for the privileged) and a proportion of Staff West.
I seem to recall that in an earlier issue of the airport magazine there was a proposal for two staff car parks, one of which would destroy farmland somewhere near where the new hotel is being built (adjacent to the freight sheds) and the other would destroy farmland near to Styal. Allocation was proposed to be by postcode (South and East – Styal, North and West – freight sheds) and then the inevitable shuttle bus, allow 45mins.
What has happened to that ?

lexxity
5th Jun 2005, 10:56
If I remember correctely there was a memo put out by the airport stating that staff west would be no more and would be put somewhere behind what was the FLS hanger! This was scheduled for next Jan I think.

woderick
5th Jun 2005, 11:32
"Building" work starts on the land that was the Hangar 5 site on the 6th June, so that would add up. Prepare for chaos at the West Gate area !

mikeyuk
7th Jun 2005, 18:13
Senario :-

Big Billboard goes up on Olympic House advertising office space to Let.
Then a rumour from a good source tells me they are building an office block and multi-story carpark over at West Gate. MAPLC move out of Olympic House over to West, leaving prime money making office space in Olympic House.

Which means

Still no replacement for Staff West. :confused: