PDA

View Full Version : Are there many microlight pilots on here.

magpienja
4th Jun 2005, 15:15
Hi all as a student flexwing microlight pilot I like to read the private flying forums I have picked many tips on this one, but what I would like to find is a dedicated microlight forum with plenty of users, the BMAA one,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/microlights/

is ok but most of the chat seems non flying related so not of much use to me, just wondering how many of you guys are microlight pilots and why is there not much micro input on here.

Regards Nick.

Barshifter
4th Jun 2005, 15:57
Nick

Yes! indeed there are a few of us microlighters that post up on here.
The Yahoo group is a great college of knowledge and the subject matters do change on a daily basis so dont be put off by the subject matter as somedays it goes right over my head aswell.Tune in again tommorow as there will probably be something that is of interest to you.

Cheers

Barshifter
(Who would rather be enroute to Nottingham for the TP Flyin if it wasnt for the inclament weather up North!)

AndyDRHuddleston
4th Jun 2005, 17:53
Hi Nick,

I flew weightshifts at Ince Blundell before moving over to do the full commercial licence here in the states. I can't answer your question as to why there is not much to do with microlights, but no doubt there will be a dedicated area in the future should the need arise.

I know that Ince Blundell has its own Yahoo chat room.
Here is the link for your enjoyment:

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/InceBlundellFlyingClub/

Hope that helps

Andy

AerBabe
4th Jun 2005, 18:24
Microlight pilots? Here? :suspect:

Might have flown a three-axis once or twice... :O

Genghis the Engineer
4th Jun 2005, 20:05
A few (hundred) hours in them, great fun. That said, it is a very artificial definition - at the end of the day we all fly AEROPLANES !

G

bar shaker
4th Jun 2005, 20:12
I agree with Genghis. It would be a loss to both camps if the two were split.

Pilgrim101
5th Jun 2005, 09:00
I guess we are already split into two sections of the community anyway guys and girls ! By definition, those lean, mean superfit racing snakes who fly microlights and the salad dodgers who can only just about squeeze into a Cessna ? :}

LeeG2002
6th Jun 2005, 10:29
Weightshifter here! :ok:

Got my license in March this year, never looked back! Thinking of getting a 3 axis aswell..... for longer journeys.

Looking forward to the evening flying this week. :cool:

magpienja
6th Jun 2005, 17:55
Thanks guys for all your feedback, yes it would indeed be a shame if there were a split just wondering why not much micro input, and hi to andy in the USA, I am indeed a student at ince with john/richard/nick they are looking after me really well, and I have heard your name mentioned, correct me if I am wrong but I think you may have been an instructor there andy.

Regards Nick.

AndyDRHuddleston
6th Jun 2005, 20:02
Hi Nick,

You have got me mixed up with Andy Walsh! He is married to John N's daughter. It was actually Andy that taught me to fly the weightshifts, back in 1999. I have heard through the grapevine that he is now teaching golf in the USA.

Say hello to John N for me, he will know who I am. I was the youngest member back in 1999.

I may see you there when I return to the UK in August!

Andy

magpienja
6th Jun 2005, 21:25
Ok will do andy.

Nick.

tonyhalsall
7th Jun 2005, 10:18
Hi Nick,
There are indeed microlight pilots on here and some of them are even Members of the same Club as you !!
Big Brother is watching you........................
:D

Algirdas
7th Jun 2005, 21:41
Magpie,
I'm a microliter, I think there's lots of us here.
I find that if topics are flying related, they're often relevant to anything that flies, so if you're SEP, SLA, Flexwing whatever, really doesn't matter. It's true that there's often stuff here that's not relevant, e.g. IFR, aerobatics etc., but still sometimes of interest just for the perspective it gives you. The trick is to cherry-pick.
A

magpienja
8th Jun 2005, 22:01
Thanks for all your comments guys good points, and hi tony I will look out for you up there.

Nick.

S-Works
9th Jun 2005, 12:12
I am also a microlight pilot for my sins, but I only have about 280 hrs on them. Mix of weight shift in a KISS and AX3/AX200 and CT Unfortunatly not enough time to fly everything so now I just fly the minimum to stay current.

I would love to get more hours in as they are great fun to fly and a true test of pilot skill.