PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Aero Club/Red Arrows

ozplane
3rd Jun 2005, 15:48
I'm hoping to fly up to Sturgate tomorrow for the Lincoln A.C Fly-In. My route takes me very close to Scampton. The question is if I'm working Waddington LARS, can they route me direct to Sturgate if the Red Arrows are about or do I call Scampton. They are scheduled to do 2 displays, one up in Scotland and one at Dunsfold so there will be some transitting going on. After all the publicity about conflicts I don't want 9 fast jets up my chuff.

Pie Man
3rd Jun 2005, 16:54
Oz,

If you are talking to Waddington they will be able to tell you if R313 is active, and vector you round if necessary. No need to call Scampton as Waddington provide the radar service for Scampton.

Pie

QNH 1013
3rd Jun 2005, 17:31
As has been said, Waddington are the ones to call on 127.35MHz. However, in my experience they will never tell you R313 is active; they use words like hot / cold / sterile even when you ask them a direct question like "Is R313 active?" The answer you are looking for is "R313 is cold".
You should also see from the notams that Waddington's hours of operation are no longer H24.

ozplane
4th Jun 2005, 07:04
Thanks chaps, very useful information.