PDA

View Full Version : Flybe places Jet order?

LukeEGTE
2nd Jun 2005, 16:32
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=8679067

Maybe this time it could be true?

akerosid
2nd Jun 2005, 16:49
According to the article, they're talking about $1b worth of Airbuses; that's about 20. Isn't that a bit too many for them (although it could include options).

Seems that the recent reports on Embraer 195s were untrue?

Flying Fiona
2nd Jun 2005, 17:03
I've been off today and its all over sky news that Flybe have purchased 15 Airbus 319.

Where did they get their money from? My letter from Mr Wood has told me that a 5% salary increase is all we are getting because the company has no more money. Hmmmmm... I think someone is lying. I'll find out more tomorrow if I go in.

Guern
2nd Jun 2005, 20:24
Any chance we might see these in Guernsey or is our runway just too short?

If they fit I guess just LGW would warrant the size of aircraft.

LegsUpLucy
2nd Jun 2005, 21:02
The article mentions Boeing or Airbus?????

flybe.com
2nd Jun 2005, 23:51
I just want to point out to everybody that it is extremely unlikely that Flying Fiona works for flybe., if he/she did, he/she would know that the letter we received today about salaries was NOT from Mr Wood! :D

Loop... Hole
3rd Jun 2005, 09:00
Reuters wording still doesn't rule out EMB 19X - which is being mentioned from ever more official FlyBe sources by the day...

Nakata77
3rd Jun 2005, 09:18
flybe.com, I hope youre not a crucial employee because you spend more time on here than actually 'working'. Never take your eyes of the task of running an airline! The consequences are severe.

Therefore I doubt your comments carry much weight beyond the company gossip.

763 jock
3rd Jun 2005, 10:32
Fiona. Are you on a sickie today? What about tomorrow?:(

Flying Fiona
3rd Jun 2005, 14:47
Headline news from BBC

Last Updated: Thursday, 2 June, 2005, 14:41 GMT 15:41 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Flybe plans to spread its wings

Flybe's Bombardiers could be augmented by larger aircraft
Low-cost regional airline Flybe is poised to replace its fleet with new planes and is in talks with a number of aircraft manufacturers.
Flybe has grown rapidly since switching its brand from British European in July 2002, but is still smaller than rivals Easyjet and Ryanair.

Flybe spent £267m on 20 aircraft from Canada's Bombardier in January.

The carrier is owned by a private trust belonging to the family of the late Jack Walker, a steel tycoon.

European ambitions

Flybe now has 99 routes, using 40 airports, spanning seven countries.

Unlike Easyjet and Ryanair, eight out of 10 Flybe flights are domestic, but now it plans to expand more aggressively in Europe.

The company has said it is considering buying up to 12 larger airliners.

According to a Reuters report, Flybe is finalising a £552m ($1bn) order for new aircraft.

Flybe itself will not comment on which manufacturer it might choose or how much it might cost, although it retains an option on another 20 Bombardier aircraft.

In November last year, the Exeter-based company reported interim profits of £14m.

LegsUpLucy
6th Jun 2005, 08:47
Embraer 195 order has been placed by Flybe according to reuters,with general electric engines.

kuningan
6th Jun 2005, 09:08
Reuters details here (http://tinyurl.com/9bch7) with rationale why EMB vs Boing-Bus from Jim French.

Interesting...Reuters says flybe is launch customer, but the Embraer site (http://tinyurl.com/dknfh) lists Crossair as having 15 definite orders. Also looks like flybe with 118 pax will have 31" pitch vs 108 @32.....Also will take off field length of between 7340 ft (MTOW) and 5170 ft (500 nm) let the thing out of Guernsey....or are we now on props for the duration....?

Leo8
6th Jun 2005, 18:23
I dont see how it is going to get in and out of Guernsey based on the performance data from the aircraft website unless they operate with a reduced passenger load. The flybe website seems to imply they will be using it in and out of Guernsey and, the Guernsey radio station news report featured an interview with flybe management who claimed their will be some aircraft based in Guernsey!

kuningan
6th Jun 2005, 21:22
Leo8

What is the GCI runway length? The longest flybe sector out of GCI is to BHX? Given the second runway length quoted is for 500nm I assume thats well within that.

Trislander
6th Jun 2005, 22:17
I've spoken to some people in the company who seem to think that GE have developed an uprated version of the planned engines therefore reducing TODR.

Tri

KERDUNKER
9th Jun 2005, 23:27
For what its worth taxied past an Emb 195 with Flybe logo at Le Bourget yesterday, not G registered though.

The Little Prince
11th Jun 2005, 10:07
The very best of good fortune to you all at Flybe. It's so sad though, because at Manx/BRAL, in the good old days before we were bought and asset stripped by the World's Favourite, we were close to agreeing a deal with Embraer for an even larger order of mixed Emb 170s and 190s. Naturally, as soon as the BA accountants took over, we were told that all our profits hadn't really been profits at all, and in fact we have mysteriously lost money ever since....... As our Southampton base shrinks and shrinks, we watch Jersey - oops, Flybe expanding and growing hand over fist - keep it up fellas, and, er, geesa job......................:O