PDA

View Full Version : who do you report your national authority to?

kaepa
2nd Jun 2005, 11:12
it is known that the national civil aviation department is the final authority for the country registerd aircraft and FCL
the Q is , who do you report to if the DGCA is abusing their authorities on pilots
ICAO or JAA or who??

ragamuffin
2nd Jun 2005, 11:35
HA HA! Thats the problem!

The British caa are a totally unregulated bureaucratic nightmare.
They impose ridiculously high charges for the most basic services.
The individual has no power to shop around; if a trainee Pilot is living hand-to-mouth in order to pay for his or her ambitions the caa will still demand their £600 for the examinations. (Was in my day anyway!) :*

The caa should be regulated by an outside body.

:}

Say again s l o w l y
2nd Jun 2005, 11:40
If you can prove that they are up to no good, then get a solicitor on them and threaten to take them to court. That usually makes them take notice pretty quick.
It's the thing a bureaucrat fears the most. I've seen the CAA jump faster than I thought possible after just the merest hint of legal action.

What is it they are doing? There may be a few people on here who can help.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Jun 2005, 12:36
Most of us live in democracies - go to your elected representative - governments do actually have power in their own countries in most places, they just don't necessarily know if there's a problem.

G

OzExpat
2nd Jun 2005, 12:41
If it's an ICAO Contracting State, get all your evidence together and send it to them. You'll find the location of your nearest ICAO Regional Office on their website (www.icao.int). Over the past few of years, ICAO has become very active with audits of Contracting States to assess the overall level of compliance with standards.

They publish the reports of all their audits, and follow-up audits, for all other contracting states to read. It's a bit like "name and shame" and, having read several of their audit reports, I can tell you that they are extremely thorough.

You never know, they might already have other complaints and yours could be the one that gets one of their audit teams onto the case. The last thing that a contracting state wants is adverse publicity on the world stage. I won't say that these audits ever completely resolve a state's problems, but it's a real good start.

Miserlou
3rd Jun 2005, 07:52
Say Again has the right technique.

I know some-one who got a phone call ON A SATURDAY to check that their rating had arrived and to confirm that he may begin instructing that weekend.

They didn't want to grant IMC instruction rights to an IR holder (this negates the requirement for part of the training).
They were properly warned that action would be taken if the rating wasn't received by the friday.

ETOPS
3rd Jun 2005, 11:59
who do you report your national authority to?

Guys - I think all this talk of CAA and IMC ratings is missing the point.

kaepa lives in Kuwait and was trying to get a lead on what to do about his national authority the DGCA.

kaepa
4th Jun 2005, 09:04
with all respect to the other ETOPS is right ,

i thank everybody for the speedy reply