PDA

View Full Version : PPL Theory Exams - The Confuser.

flyingmad
2nd Jun 2005, 10:42
Hi
I am revising the PPL theory at the moment and am now having a look through the Confuser. Am I right in thinking ANY question that could come up is definately in here.
Thus there will not be a question on any paper which has not been covered in the Confuser.
Thanks

mazzy1026
2nd Jun 2005, 11:57
The Confuser is arguably the best book to study the questions once you have studied the reading material in depth. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is not the one you are looking for, and there is no guarantee that the questions in the book will match the exam papers. You will notice that the questions may be very very similar, but may not be exact.

On a positive side, I believe that if you can pass the Confuser exams with a score of 80% plus, then you wont have a problem in the real exam!

Best of luck

Maz :ok:

Blinkz
2nd Jun 2005, 12:28
As mazzy has said the confuser is not the CAA PPL question bank and so it doesn't have the exact questions that you will have in your test.

You really have to just use it as a study aid, and whatever you do, don't just learn all the answers in the confuser. Make sure you read all the relevant books, answering the questions at the end of each chapter. Then when you feel you know the subject use the confuser to test yourself. Another good link which I found very helpful in my PPL studies is http://www.airquiz.com

Good luck!

MyData
2nd Jun 2005, 15:33
Confuser is an excellent book for testing your knowledge. However be aware that the exams will have a significant number of questions that don't appear in the Confuser.

There are also questions that appear in the Confuser that you get to know and love then you sit your exam and see the same question - however re-read and recheck as the question might be worded slightly differently or use slightly different data.

And finally - after sitting and passing all my exams I can state that at least two of the answers given in the Confuser are wrong. IIRC one was Air Law, the other was Aircraft General.

In both cases the question came up in the exam. With slightly different wording from the Confuser, but the same question. I answered based on what I'd revised in the Confuser - and the answer looked appropriate.

When I got my exam marked I challenged the CAA answer with my FI and we both checked the Confuser answer and the differing CAA answer. One could be put down to a matter of interpretation (Air Law), the other was actually wrong in the Confuser. This took myself, two FIs and other assorted people at the FS to sit down and work through the answer and then agree that the CAA was correct.

BEagle
2nd Jun 2005, 15:45
Quite a few errors are creeping into the CAA PPL exams due to the changes in Rule 5 and also some airspace changes. Allegedly the CAA will be updating them 'soon'...

There are some other errors in the PPL Confuser; one I know of I use as a test to see whether the candidate understands the topic or merely trots out the Confuser's wrong answer!

Blinkz
2nd Jun 2005, 16:23
Thats the good thing with the site I mentioned, whenever something is wrong it can be updated asap, hence all the new rule 5 changes have been added already. check it out ;)