PDA

View Full Version : Crew base Vancouver

Cloud surfer
1st Jun 2005, 16:50
Anyone with information about which airlines (medium / heavy jet) operate crew base out of Vancouver?

Primarily thinking of international passenger and cargo operators.

boeing727
1st Jun 2005, 18:48
Air Canada, Harmony Airlines (HMY), Skyservice, Kelowna Flightcraft, Morningstar Express. There may be more but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

LEMD
1st Jun 2005, 19:37
Cathay does, Eva ?, CAL (kind of), Korean ?

SAW
1st Jun 2005, 19:39
I don't think Morningstar has a crew base there anymore. HMY and Air Canada for sure and possibly CargoJet. Other than that pretty slim pickings, the only other again is possibly Cathay Pacific.

atrflyguy
2nd Jun 2005, 21:59
As I know it CargoJet only has guys based in Hamilton Ontario. Although at least one aircraft is there ever day, more than that if I remember corectly. They all end up back in Hamilton the next day, or at least the crews do. and Skyservice only has the one base in Canada in Toronto but I could be wrong on all of that..

horace17
5th Jun 2005, 14:58
Cathay Pacific Airways does have a base in CYVR; in fact its the second biggest outport base for them (biggest is of course HKG). Besides Cathay (speaking of international airlines), HMY, Air Canada, United Airlines, Air Transat, and Horizan Air (for US flts), all have yvr crew based here.

:D

Cloud surfer
13th Jul 2005, 20:20
Really appreaciate the response, guys! I'll be sure to return the favor to those who I can help....:ok:

I'll be as bold as to ask another question: How's the DHC-8 market i Canada? I'm currently on the -100/-300 i Northern Norway (Wideroe). I'll bet there's a line from Halifax to Victoria for a DHC-8 job over there....

:ugh:

MarkD
14th Jul 2005, 00:57
Don't Widerĝe have 3 Q400s? (or are getting them?) There's talk of some of those for Jazz in exchange for the first run of CRJ100s on routes like YVR-YYJ (FI article on google if you're interested).

Might be advisable to try and get a seat on the Q4 before moving here as there are a lot fewer Q4s (and thus Q4 crew) than the rest of the Dashes!

Glorified Donkey
14th Jul 2005, 01:27
Air Canada base in Vancouver is a very senior base, expect captain job at like 56.
Cathay, China have pilot bases there as well.

CaptW5
14th Jul 2005, 21:48
For most Canadian companies that have a YVR base it will be quite senior. Foreign companies that have YVR basings are already mentioned and most of them are populated by Canadians as well.

Besides Jazz (who are or will be hiring) there are a number of other companies getting into Dash-8's. In the west I know Hawkair, North Cariboo and Regional 1. I think Perimeter and Voyageur have them as well as Air Inuit. There will be more as Jazz is getting rid of some.

punkalouver
1st Aug 2005, 12:27
" Besides Cathay (speaking of international airlines), HMY, Air Canada, United Airlines, Air Transat, and Horizan Air (for US flts), all have yvr crew based here."

Are you sure Horizon and United have crew bases in Vancouver?

yankee22
31st Oct 2005, 00:28
Does anyone know if Cathay has a base in Toronto. I know they have one in Vancouver but I've also heard they have one in Toronto. Hope someone can help??!!

Thanks