View Full Version : ATC industrial action in Czech?

Aerofoil
31st May 2005, 23:21
Hi

Can anyone tell me if there was any industrial action by ATC units in the Czech republic? My friend was due to catch a flight from Manchester to Paris with Air France and he was first told that it was down to ATC delays but when he questioned further he was told it was due to a code 98 which i have found out since means industrial action. I'm just a pilot in training so i thought you guys would be able to shine some light on this? My senses are telling me that he was lied to so that he couldn't claim his compensation of which new european law allows him to because he had to wait overnight to depart to Paris.

Thanks in advance

Foil

Barry Cuda
1st Jun 2005, 10:24
Would Czech Ind Action affect a plane flying from Manch to Paris? Must have been flying a funny route....!

Aerofoil
1st Jun 2005, 21:33
The aircraft was coming from Czech to Manchester to operate a flight from Manchester to Paris.

flowman
1st Jun 2005, 22:00
I have just checked today's flights from Czech to Manchester (there were 3 of them) and none of them were attributed 98 as a cause of delay.
:confused:

G-MANN
1st Jun 2005, 22:24
According to CFMU over the past couple of days the actual delays in that area are down to ' staff shortages.'

I presume that means sickness!!
Rgds
G-MANN

flowman
2nd Jun 2005, 03:44
Unfortunately the problem is not so short term as sickness.
They are desperately short of controllers in LKAA and it is forecast to be one of the biggest growth areas for traffic this year.
It looks as though that area could be a problem all summer. To make things worse they are obliged by the rules to have low route charges which will exacerbate the problem.