PDA

View Full Version : muscat recruitment

veloo maniam
30th May 2005, 05:52
Hi fellow Guardians of the sky....would like to know the contact address for ATCO recruitment at Muscat.Read sometime ago that Muscat has vacancies. Guys from Kuala Lumpur ATC would like to apply. Need the correct address. Already six Controllers have left for work at Abu Dhabi. More want to leave.Tks a lot for your kind replies.

30th May 2005, 10:22
Read the thread on the Abu Dhabi Titanic. On page two are the contact details for Oman.

Fox3snapshot
31st May 2005, 01:04
Now there is a fantastic idea....

28,000 Dhs no strings attached and I will be there with bells on! :D

Of course I would be very reluctant to leave slumsville for a more normal lifestyle....I will be way out of my comfort zone and would possibly need counciling to ensure I adapt to a western standard of accomodation again after 18 months of living in the movie set of "The Toxic Avenger", a Serco production starring the employees.....

:hmm:

veloo maniam
31st May 2005, 01:10
Hi Seatstrap..tks for the link..will pass on to other fellow controllers over here.

Hi therat...the working environment is good .however the pay isn.t. Using the Alenia CDS2000 Radars.Good Monitors and willl be upgrading soon. Paywise..way too low. Yes..next year quite a number of experienced Radar rated Controllers are retiring.Rumour is that they might be asked to continue working BUT guys are really looking elsewhere. There are plans to bring in expats next year to fill up this vacuum. They might be paid somewhere around US3000 per month or so. We had a number of IAL Controllers a number of years ago.If u have any links contact them.Expats may end up at the ACC but I\'m not sure of the College(We call it the Old Folks Home over here).Before KLIA was opened, SERCO Expats were here to train a number of staff.
Good bunch of characters to work with...very easy going.Cost of living cheap and a very beautiful country especially if u are the adventurous kind.(1USD=3.80 Ringgit)Rental is cheap.U can get good Condos for about RM1500(with swimming pool).New cars around US10K. By the way, we have 8 young lady Controllers looking for greener pastures...any takers?

Fox3snapshot
31st May 2005, 02:15
Now about those lady controllers.....

The mold on the walls in Al Ramaithy is green, does that constitute greener pastures????!

:E

Skase Jnr
9th Jun 2005, 03:53
Duck,

This post has been self censored:mad: like the Titanic one.

Is it on or not.

Are they going through the CV's already on file first?

Are they hiring from all nations or trying the cheap approach with the bedazzle kit squirted all over the contract?

Cheers,
Skase Jnr
Too good to be true

Skase Jnr
12th Jun 2005, 21:31
Duck,

Are you worried about being made a Peking duck if you speak?

So is my bedazzle theory right with 5 Philippinos on their way true.

Is the Middle East becoming the NIKE factory of the ATC world?

Skase Jnr

divingduck
13th Jun 2005, 17:43
Sorry junior,

Unlike those up to the west of here, I have a life outside my cockie and rat infested abode :ok: not, I hasten to mention, that my humble abode has even a cocky in it! 2 dogs and a cat though.

I did meet 2 of the new Phillipino controllers at work the other evening, on famil.

Have it on good authority that there are 5 however, 'cause that is what it says on the roster!:}

4 days off coming up...fishing, diving, drinking, hmmm what to do?:ok:

cheers

ps all you mob up in UAE should do what us old outbacker types used to do with our cockroaches in WA. Paint numbers on their backs and have races...or drip metho on their backs, set fire to them and turn the lights out:E

Fox3snapshot
13th Jun 2005, 23:54
Nice idea with the cockies, except the ones in my building stole all the paint....and through an evolution process that has been uninterupted, and natural selection, they are also fireproof!!!!

Evil Knievel's son uses 9000 Al Rumiathy (AKA Subaru building) cocky shells as protection during his motorbike "jump through a burning KC10 Tanker routine!", without a scar on his body!

I have now become one with the roaches and accepted filth as food for life.....:sad: