PDA

View Full Version : Aerdorome Plates ?

Prickie
29th May 2005, 10:39
Just about to do a sim check and know that the aerodrome used will be Southampton. Where can I get the aerodrome plates off the internet? (Free if possible!!)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

P

jb5000
29th May 2005, 10:59
Hi,

If you go to www.ais.org.uk (you have to register first), it should be on there.

After you've logged in:

If you go to "Publications".. "UK AIP". "UK AIP Package".

Then "UK AIP".. "UK AIP".. "Aerodrome data".. "Aerodromes - Specific".

You should be able to find what you're looking for on there.

Best of luck with the sim check!

James

Prickie
29th May 2005, 12:19
Thanks for that James, logging on straight away !!

Mister Geezer
30th May 2005, 01:43
If you are doing a departure from SOU then make sure you know the noise procedures which are applicable from both runways.

Hope it goes well.

easyswimmer
28th Jul 2005, 12:04
anyone know where i can get lyon geneva and grenoble on the internet. The thought of going to the crew room fills me with dread

28th Jul 2005, 16:33
Hard luck old chap; the mile of tarmac at Southampton seems to have more Instument Approach options than Heathrow......bit ridiculous really.......must be a plan to overload aircraft with paper.

TCAS FAN
28th Jul 2005, 18:19
Prickie

As you may have already found out, you'll need to register with AIS to access their web site.

Don't know how up to date the sim is with current procedures, the NPRs are set out in the AIP AD2 section, as text, not charts.

Beware, the NPRs have been temporarily modified, the changes only set out in NOTAM, which again you can get off the AIS web site.

Best of luck.

aerolearner
28th Jul 2005, 23:39
anyone know where i can get lyon geneva and grenoble on the internet. The thought of going to the crew room fills me with dread

You can find AIP-France online at:
http://neige.fleurb.jmsp.net/aip/enligne/METROPOLE/AIP/index.htm

Billings
29th Jul 2005, 06:29
Hi,

There is also this :
Eurocontrol EAD page (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp)

This is a searchable(by country) database of all the AIS info from what I believe to be all the European countries.

Registration is free and pretty quick to enable.

This is my only port of call now when I'm looking for European charts. :ok:

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Paul.