PDA

View Full Version : Looking to work in Canada

C130Dreamer
27th May 2005, 07:58
Hi All,

I'm a Brit about to move to Medicine Hat, Alberta for two years with my wife who has a job there.

I've just completed my UK JAR CPL/IR (fATPL), and I also hold an ICAO FI based on my ICAO Cypriot licence. I will of course be converting these to Transport Canada licences ASAP.

Can anyone advise me on the type of flying jobs that may be available to me while I'm there? I've always enjoyed instructing and I’ve had an urge to try bush flying for a long time.

Cheers! :}

Left Coaster
27th May 2005, 16:42
Hey! By the sound of things, Skyservice might be looking for a couple of new guys!:rolleyes: ;)

hibypassratio
27th May 2005, 17:04
Canada is a tough market with out some sort of relevant experience. A lot of pilots, some scummy companies, some good ones. A lot of experienced guys without work right now. Take it from me, I've close to 1000 hours on a King Air and 2000 total and I'm looking for work.

Try www.avcanada.ca forums to start learning about the Canadian and Alberta scene.

What kind of experience do you have?

C130Dreamer
27th May 2005, 18:12
Thanks for the tip Left Coaster, and thanks for the link hibypassratio.

I must admit to not having as much experience as you hibypassratio. However, I'm travelling to Canada with a 1000 hrs of instructional experience and an open mind. As I said in my post, it's my wife that has the main job out there, so I'll take what I can get so long as it's working with aircraft! :ok:

hibypassratio
27th May 2005, 22:27
When are you going to Alberta? I'm moving there myself to Edmonton no later than the beginning of August. Also for my wife. I'm job searching across the country but concentrating on Alberta.

Maybe we can arrange for our paths to cross at some point.

Best o' luck in the search.

Dockjock
28th May 2005, 00:07
Try these guys, you may just have a shot if you keep at it. Good luck.
http://www.barxh.com/

V2+30 Flaps Up
4th Jun 2005, 22:48
C130Dreamer,

eisai Kypreos?

C130Dreamer
6th Jun 2005, 07:19
V2+30 Flaps Up,

Sorry mate I'm not Cypriot, just a Brit on an extended visit enjoying the climate and Keo! ;)

V2+30 Flaps Up
6th Jun 2005, 19:22
Ah yes! The Keo ;)

Let me know how your quest for Canada goes.

Cheers